Reactions from the general public with your 991, post your stories here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
I was waiting for the green light on the right lane...
On my left side was standing a full charged 5 guys Golf GTI...
...it was saturday night, around 2 in the morning...
...i turned my head left. My girlfriend did it too.
These guys opened their right windows and one of them told me with a smile: "Wonderful iron man, really, wonderful iron!".

The other guy on the back of the Golf: "Scuse me, could you let me ear the engine sound, please?". "Yes, i said" BRUUUM!
The Guy: "Wow, it's like a race car...mmm...better than sex!".

I was so glad.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
from what i have seen and read it looks like that De Niro is frequently a c*nt in real life, brilliant actor tho.
on the other hand pacino is such a nice, funny, humble and modest person. i love heat, such a great movie and not the typical happy end, all will be good hollywood movie. my favourite scene, in fact this is one of the best movie scenes of all time for me.
sorry, for getting a bit off topic here.
i have met both (briefly) several times over the years and agree broadly on Pacino. DeNiro was cordial enough, but not that friendly.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Fabolous is a jewel in the roughFabolous is a jewel in the roughFabolous is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hed
I don't think de Niro is bad. He has his opinions, and is entitled to them, as is anyone else. I can disagree with someone and do so in a civil manner. On a related note, I wish the political opinions could stay in the appropriate forums set aside for them.

Back to thread topic, I notice more looks when I am in sports mode with PSE going then any other time. I get 1/10th the looks and thumbs up as I received in the 997.1 turbo I had.

AMEN! what he said. Take that stuff to foxnews forums please

Old 04-24-2012, 09:28 PM
cayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
For me, more of his character Neil McCauley in HEAT, not the actual man. It's a shame in reality Deniro is a staunch supporter of the very people that want to re-distribute his wealth.
Maybe money & wealth is not everything? Just finished "Steve Jobs" biography, I highly recommend reading it....

By the way, 991 seems really rare as of now.... while there are quite a few redesigned 2012 A6, A7, CLS550 & so~ many 2012 MLs out there....

Actually, I have not even seen one outside dealership so far.... I look forward to seeing one on the street or highway sometime! I will chase ya!!!

(could it be that 991 is not selling well???)

Old 04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
I haven't had one person ask me if this is the new 911 ... I think I've noticed a few glances but nothing more then I would get in my 997.

I was really expecting more people to look at it more since it is a redesigned car ...

Old 04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
People remarked about my 2007 and 2009 as if they were special even when they were a few years old.

ChuckJ

Old 04-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cayenne958
Maybe money & wealth is not everything? Just finished "Steve Jobs" biography, I highly recommend reading it....

By the way, 991 seems really rare as of now.... while there are quite a few redesigned 2012 A6, A7, CLS550 & so~ many 2012 MLs out there....

Actually, I have not even seen one outside dealership so far.... I look forward to seeing one on the street or highway sometime! I will chase ya!!!

(could it be that 991 is not selling well???)

Wealth and money is what you make of it. If jobs hated his wealth so much, why didn't he give it ALL away. (Rumor is he bought a new car every month so that he didn't have to have a license plate). I'd be weary of any words of the limosine liberals. Anyway same here, I have not even seen 1 991 here in LA, but according to the dealer they sell like 4-5 of them every month. But since the majority of them are leased, the average mileage is like 7500 a year so most owners aren't going to drive them everyday like they do Panameras. I guess they are weekend cars mostly.