Softtronic for 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:00 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
Softtronic for 991

Does anyone has experienced with softronic for 991S yet? I almost got it last time but decided to sell the car before. I have seen some info from SpeedART, RUF that their ECU tuning can boost around 25 HP and 20 N.

Can you really feel it?

Last edited by iambon; 04-29-2012 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Add info
Old 04-29-2012, 11:25 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Not much at all. Felt it more when I later added my bolt ons. I added them one by one few months apart. Most substantial was the iPod plenum. But was a combo of all them together.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:20 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Is there already a Softronic tune for the 991S??
I had their tune on my Cayman R, but there were issues with the installation process for a couple of us, see this thread: http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxst...ficulties.html

Maybe it was an exception, but it does not make me warm and fuzzy about trying again on the 991S. My shop swears by EVOMS and I'll wait until they have something to try.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:57 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I also had issues with installation even though we followed directions perfectly. Car was in limp mode for 30 hours. Then the change was almost unnoticeable that I wondered if it was even installed.
From my experience I will not get one of their tunes again. I will probably only use EVOMSit, as I feel they are the most aggressive tunes.
Others are very happy with their softtronic tunes, so it is just my experience and thoughts on it.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:36 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I also had issues with installation even though we followed directions perfectly. Car was in limp mode for 30 hours. Then the change was almost unnoticeable that I wondered if it was even installed.
From my experience I will not get one of their tunes again. I will probably only use EVOMSit, as I feel they are the most aggressive tunes.
Others are very happy with their softtronic tunes, so it is just my experience and thoughts on it.
Could not have said it better!

Old 04-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
I had Softronics software in my 997TT, I was very happy with it. I believe that ECU tuning works best on turbos because I got a pretty boost in torque (especially loe end) and horsepower - the car was very raw. No problems with the install but I live in Connecticut and Softronics did the work.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
The only issue was that after a flash in a DFI car it requires a TB adaption to be done or the car or has to sit overnight to get out of limp mode. This is even when the Dealer flashes the car.

Softronic now for the past year and half has a program with the Durametric that after it is flashed brings it directly out of limp mode. Now granted we had to tell people that they would go into limp mode at the time and wait, yet it was still better than removing and sending in the box in which is then considered tampered with regardless.

The poster in the reference post above also didn't follow the instructions for doing the TB adaption and posted before asking..... I guess it makes for good cross posting. The second post in the section even asked if he called Softronic.... The third even posted what was sent to him in which he didnt do. When you get to post #8 he responded back as to the error after calling us. Softronic also didnt tell Atlanta to let the car sit, he had purchased it from Vivid at Softronictuning.com and spoke to them and they had told him that not realizing the software didnt require it any further yet it still would have gotten out of limp mode in any case. The software is only in Beta mode for 6.xxxx and does allow you to sellect trans etc yet not required for the TB adaption.

So basically you can flash the car at home to a tuned file or back to original at anytime. There is NO limp mode that keeps the car stranded and you cant as they say brick or ruin the DME either with Softronic when flashing. Removing and sending a DME in is out of date and not required, however you always could .

Softronic also does many DFI series files for racing and have been for several years. Should our files be that low on HP then they wouldn't be passing the other cars on the track that hadn't been flashed for the series yet.

Last edited by Softronic; 05-03-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: added text on issue...
Old 05-03-2012, 07:33 AM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Softronic
The only issue was that after a flash in a DFI car it requires a TB adaption to be done or the car or has to sit overnight to get out of limp mode. This is even when the Dealer flashes the car.

Softronic now for the past year and half has a program with the Durametric that after it is flashed brings it directly out of limp mode. Now granted we had to tell people that they would go into limp mode at the time and wait, yet it was still better than removing and sending in the box in which is then considered tampered with regardless.

The poster in the reference post above also didn't follow the instructions for doing the TB adaption and posted before asking..... I guess it makes for good cross posting.

So basically you can flash the car at home to a tuned file or back to original at anytime. There is NO limp mode that keeps the car stranded and you cant as they say brick or ruin the DME either with Softronic when flashing. Removing and sending a DME in is out of date and not required, however you always could .

Softronic also does many DFI series files for racing and have been for several years.
Any news on a flash for the 991? ETA?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Newman
I had Softronics software in my 997TT, I was very happy with it. I believe that ECU tuning works best on turbos because I got a pretty boost in torque (especially loe end) and horsepower - the car was very raw. No problems with the install but I live in Connecticut and Softronics did the work.
Thank you for the post and you even watched as the car was read out with the laptop, Flashed and then immediately taken out of limp mode all within 45min. Now granted it would have been shorter yet I also had to get the file done for the car also.

Turbos do offer the most noticeable bang for the buck yet we get 30RWHP alone out of the 3.4 engines as an example. 7 CaymanS all dynoed before and after for the series with 272 + or - 2 at the RW and 305 after with the same dif . These had been done on the same dyno, same day back to back.

Best Regards,
Scott

Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 AM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold

Turbos do offer the most noticeable bang for the buck yet we get 30RWHP alone out of the 3.4 engines as an example.

Best Regards,
Scott
Now you've really got my attention since I've got a 3.4 on order

ETA?

Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by GAM3OVR
Any news on a flash for the 991? ETA?

Hello,

We are currently completing it for the 981 and 991 cars. You can call us at 203-723-8928 if you like and I will get back to you when completed. We will also be updating our web site in which will have all the DFI info etc. The current one Softronic.us hasnt been updated in a few years and doesn't even list the DFI cars yet we flash them all.

We actually do many DFI cars in the EU yet all it takes is a cable to be shipped to any local in the world, Moscow,Kuwait,England and so on.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:39 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
Hello,

We are currently completing it for the 981 and 991 cars. You can call us at 203-723-8928 if you like and I will get back to you when completed. We will also be updating our web site in which will have all the DFI info etc. The current one Softronic.us hasnt been updated in a few years and doesn't even list the DFI cars yet we flash them all.

We actually do many DFI cars in the EU yet all it takes is a cable to be shipped to any local in the world, Moscow,Kuwait,England and so on.
Any estimated figures? +20BHP?, +20NM? Thank

Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 AM

The poster in the reference post above also didn't follow the instructions for doing the TB adaption and posted before asking..... I guess it makes for good cross posting. The second post in the section even asked if he called Softronic.... The third even posted what was sent to him in which he didnt do. When you get to post #8 he responded back as to the error after calling us. Softronic also didnt tell Atlanta to let the car sit, he had purchased it from Vivid at Softronictuning.com and spoke to them and they had told him that not realizing the software didnt require it any further yet it still would have gotten out of limp mode in any case. The software is only in Beta mode for 6.xxxx and does allow you to sellect trans etc yet not required for the TB adaption.

Softronic also does many DFI series files for racing and have been for several years. Should our files be that low on HP then they wouldn't be passing the other cars on the track that hadn't been flashed for the series yet.
Guys, this is all good explanation, my main point was and is that good and clear communication is required and that everybody in the supply chain, from Softronic to the distributors must be perfectly on top of the latest news. I realize that with Durametric being a 3rd party in the whole story does not make it simpler, but a good updated website is a simple and straightforward solution to this. I think that you have identified this.
At the time I had the issues, I had to find out about the right Durametric version by myself and make the guess that, despite the fact that my transmission was not listed, I had to pick one (different) in order to make the software and TB adjustment work. At least one other customer had the same issue at the very same time and was as confused as I was. After that, I flashed and returned the car to stock a couple of times with no problem, but the initial documentation and support was the issue. As already stated, it is not something difficult to fix.

Hope this clarifies what happened to me and why I posted.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Guys, this is all good explanation, my main point was and is that good and clear communication is required and that everybody in the supply chain, from Softronic to the distributors must be perfectly on top of the latest news. I realize that with Durametric being a 3rd party in the whole story does not make it simpler, but a good updated website is a simple and straightforward solution to this. I think that you have identified this.
At the time I had the issues, I had to find out about the right Durametric version by myself and make the guess that, despite the fact that my transmission was not listed, I had to pick one (different) in order to make the software and TB adjustment work. At least one other customer had the same issue at the very same time and was as confused as I was. After that, I flashed and returned the car to stock a couple of times with no problem, but the initial documentation and support was the issue. As already stated, it is not something difficult to fix.

Hope this clarifies what happened to me and why I posted.
Thank you for the post and we are currently working on a new web site by Softronic. This will be a direct link to us with much information as you described and hopefully alleviate and further issues.

We will have many world wide links going to this one site and when launched I would appreciate if you or others have input on its navigation and or contents.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 05-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Any dyno graph's for the 997.1 3.8?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softtronic for 991