Waiting in line for a ship?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:27 AM
jpr
jpr is infamous around these parts
Waiting in line for a ship?

Hello All... Question? My 991s build has been showing to be a complete build with VIN # issued 4-24. I spoke to my Porsche salesman (who I'm not sure I trust) about when it will ship? He tells me it's in line for a ship, I've watched many auto cargo ships come and go from Emden in the past two weeks. Has anyone experienced a two week wait at the docks? Also, how long after the car loads on the ship does it generally take to show up on the tracking of the car? It could be half way home by now for all I know? Wishful thinking I'm sure! Getting a little nervous here! I hate waiting.....lol

Old 05-06-2012, 01:32 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
I had a completion date of 2/29 from the factory and it arrived at my dealer on 3/24....so I would think its very possible you could receive it by month end.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:49 PM
tomshop is infamous around these parts
Mine was on the boat within days of completion.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:57 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Mine hit a ship the day it was completed. Build finished 3/7/12 and I was driving on 3/30/12, but, as near as I can figure, everything went perfectly. I have heard of people waiting a week for a ship - two seems long, but not impossible. Your salesman, and Porsche, have no reason to be dishonest - they don't get paid until they deliver so they have a great deal of incentive to get it to you as soon as possible. And not every ship goes to every port.

Lastly, I was waiting for a code to show mine had been released and was on a truck to the dealer - it never happened - it just showed up. Others noticed that their cars showed up on the dealers web-page after completion as in transit. Never happened for me. Yourself could be on a ship even now!

Congrats and good luck! The wait s@&ks!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
I had a completion date of 4/02 from the factory and on the ship at 4/28. However, I am in HK and there are just around 1 or 2 ship to Asia every month. They should have several shipment schedule for the US monthly.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:42 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
My dealer tells me it takes 4 weeks from completion on average. AG was fortunate, and I'm sure others wait 5 or 6 weeks for delivery.

ChuckJ

Old 05-08-2012, 08:08 PM
KevinC is infamous around these parts
My build was completed 3/22, on the vessel to Brunswick, GA 4/3 and I took delivery 4/24. Four to five weeks after completion is typical according to my salesperson. I stalked the vessel once it left Emden.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:54 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
My dealer just told me that mine is on a ship headed this way but he doesn't know what ship.

ChuckJ

Old 05-11-2012, 02:16 PM
jpr
I would guess we are on the same boat, since you are from Dallas, Austin here! My dealer still has no name of the vessel my 991 is on...It's stating, on vessel, he told me he was sure the vessel departed from Emden on the 7th??? I hope he's right, that would put it in Houston in two weeks or so! The wait is almost over, my wife will be SO happy!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by jpr
I would guess we are on the same boat, since you are from Dallas, Austin here! My dealer still has no name of the vessel my 991 is on...It's stating, on vessel, he told me he was sure the vessel departed from Emden on the 7th??? I hope he's right, that would put it in Houston in two weeks or so! The wait is almost over, my wife will be SO happy!!!
Same here!

ChuckJ

Old 05-11-2012, 08:31 PM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Originally Posted by jpr
"Seven Seas Highway" departed from Emden on the 7th/8th, ETA Houston on 24 May.
http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf

Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 PM
jpr
Thanks Pratas...best news I've got in a while!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by jpr
Thanks Pratas...best news I've got in a while!
Same here Pratas!

ChuckJ

Old 05-12-2012, 08:37 AM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Old 05-22-2012, 09:31 AM
jpr
Just received notice my 991s is on the ground in Houston, awaiting transport to Austin. My car was built and complete 4/23. I drove a 991s cab. yesterday, awesome car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Waiting in line for a ship?