Frog Eyes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Frog Eyes

I saw a new silver 991 the other day on the street here in Denver and was really amazed. I had a completely different reaction to when I saw a 991 at the Dealer's. On the street the car just stood out and was amazing. The round "frog eyes" headlights really caught my attention and they are a real plus complimenting the curves on the front of the car.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:32 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Haha, same here. I was kind of dissapointed when I took delivery of my car.
When I was signing the papers I had the impression that it was looking at me from the dealer parking with a "happy frog face",Ugh, I hated that.
Now when I see it sitting in my garage or parked in the street it looks just stunning.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
The 991 definitely looks better on the road then in pictures. It's nothing special in pictures, dare I say the 997 looks better. But when I saw it on the road rolling, it looks lower, wider, and more exotic than the 997.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:56 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
i really love the new headlights, but i don`t think they are as froggy as the ones on the older 911s, in fact they are much more elliptical like the racecars from the 60s and 70s:

Old 05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Bingo. I think there is little doubt that the designers looked back more than a little to the 904 in particular.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:39 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I've always wanted a 906. Probably not going to happen.

ChuckJ

Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
those 904's are one of the best looking things ever made. up there with the E type Jag's.

i would never have connected the lights, but interesting idea when you see the pic's.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ynot
The 991 definitely looks better on the road then in pictures. It's nothing special in pictures, dare I say the 997 looks better. But when I saw it on the road rolling, it looks lower, wider, and more exotic than the 997.

my spouse drove mine back from town so i got ahead of her in my Cayenne - the 991 looked amazing in the rear view mirror. i agree, you really notice the lower wider stance - frankly it was a killer to see the car in motion

Old 05-07-2012, 11:19 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Totally unrelated to this thread, but the high pressure headlight washers look insane when you use them at night at speed, as this cotton ball cloud looking mist shots over the domed glass.