My cherry has been busted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 01:54 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
I would try scratch x at this point, if that dosen't work I would just order the touch up paint at suncoast, brush on a small amount, a little scratch x to knock down after it dries, than the clear coat, than final buff down with scratch x, at that point it'll be hard to notice. People who don't know its there won't know, only you would know of course.
What's the difference between Scratch X and rubbing compound?

Old 05-08-2012, 03:40 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gleek48
What's the difference between Scratch X and rubbing compound?
Gleek,
Other than the scratch , how are you enjoying the ride? I passed 1,100 miles and pressed the sports plus button and OMG! I am not sure it was wise to let me have a car that can do that!

Old 05-08-2012, 03:47 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Love the car! Hard not to like it. It's polite and mild mannered when you want it to be, yet mean and aggressive when you need it. I don't understand other people's opinions that the car is too soft. With SPASM, the car is far from what I consider a GT ride.

Looks great, handles great, and it seems much faster than my 997.2 6 speed. I think part of it has to do with the fact that the PDK shifts so much faster than I could ever dream of. It literally snaps your neck back with hard up shifts (in Sport+).

I just signed up for my first DE weekend in mid-June and changed my permanent number to...991. Pretty cool.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:20 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Love the car! Hard not to like it. It's polite and mild mannered when you want it to be, yet mean and aggressive when you need it. I don't understand other people's opinions that the car is too soft. With SPASM, the car is far from what I consider a GT ride.

Looks great, handles great, and it seems much faster than my 997.2 6 speed. I think part of it has to do with the fact that the PDK shifts so much faster than I could ever dream of. It literally snaps your neck back with hard up shifts (in Sport+).

I just signed up for my first DE weekend in mid-June and changed my permanent number to...991. Pretty cool.
Great. You and I seem to be on the exact same wavelenght about the car. I agree with you totally. The only thing I miss about my 997 was that it was a cab. But I love the coupe - look and it is more functional in many ways. Fun arguements about 997s and other cars are just that - but I love this car and I would not go back! Glad you are having such a good time of it!
Michael

Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by AG991
Great. You and I seem to be on the exact same wavelenght about the car. I agree with you totally. The only thing I miss about my 997 was that it was a cab. But I love the coupe - look and it is more functional in many ways. Fun arguements about 997s and other cars are just that - but I love this car and I would not go back! Glad you are having such a good time of it!
Michael
Your cab comment is funny as I keep looking at them and desiring a form of open air motoring. Started to look for my next car. Since you are a mustang guy, what do you think of a mustang GT convertible?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Your cab comment is funny as I keep looking at them and desiring a form of open air motoring. Started to look for my next car. Since you are a mustang guy, what do you think of a mustang GT convertible?
I love them. Drawbacks - rear wheel drive/ solid rear axle sucks and the back seat will be fine for your daughter for a while, but once she hits 12, there is likely going to be too little leg room. Winter handling is, at best, poor.

You could go cheap and get a used 2005-2009 or if you like the new styling, the GT now comes standard with a 5.0 liter 400+ up engine. I would order it with a 3.73 gear ratio and it will fly. Easily keep pace with your Porsche through 70 mph. I have a 4.10 gear - it is too much.

You could also get a Shelby with up to 1,000 hp! What you do with that, I will ever know

Easygoing fix. Easy to customize - you can rebuild a 1965 from a catalog! Every part is available. You can get a full body, already assembled, of a '67 fastback fir about 16K. There are almost that many parts for the new ones.

By comparison, the interior is junk, but the new sync system is good. The stereo is ok and easy to find upgrades. The top is vinyl (or is in mine) which is much easier to care for.

Drives totally differently. Manual is good. I love it. It is a lot of car for the money, looks great, and, can be very fast. Hope that helps.
Michael

Old 05-22-2012, 08:59 PM
The scratchx worked great. Worked it in a little and the lighter scratch almost buffed out and the deeper one took it down to a less noticeable level. Thanks Neil!