Agate grey help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Agate grey help

so, i'm set on an agate grey cabrio but having trouble deciding on interior and top colors. I've always loved the silver/brown color scheme of older P-cars. What do you guys think of agate w/ a brown top and espresso interior? Or would Umber look better. Does Agate fit with browns, in your opinion? Any help would be much appreciated, as i have a feeling we won't be seeing too many pics of 991's in these colors. Thanks guys!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Buddilly is infamous around these parts
I got Agate with beige/tan interior and it is killer. I am not a fan of the expresso because it is so dark and doesn't have the right contrast with the Agate IMO.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
I always think the red is nicest

Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 PM
i just wonder what color best matches a the brown top. Beige, espresso or umber??? Don't love 3 colors in my cars.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Having seen the agate grey in real life, I'm not sure it goes with a brown top. A lighter grey would, but agate is too dark for a brown top...

My choice would be the black top, but with a more contrasting interior. A really great combo for agate grey exterior would be the agate grey / pebble grey bi-color!

Old 05-16-2012, 04:12 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Here's an Agate Gray with brown interior Boxster picture that I found on a UK forum. Can't say that I am a fan of the combo.

Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2012, 05:04 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Definitely THis !!

Last edited by BrandonH; 05-16-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:23 PM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kelderek
Having seen the agate grey in real life, I'm not sure it goes with a brown top. A lighter grey would, but agate is too dark for a brown top...

My choice would be the black top, but with a more contrasting interior. A really great combo for agate grey exterior would be the agate grey / pebble grey bi-color!

I agree with Kelderek. Agate Grey and brown does not go well together. Red interior with a red top looks a little better I guess, but is too loud for me.

If you want Agate Grey, I'd go with a black top (which are 300 times easier to keep clean) and two town black and grey interior or Agate Grey extrior with a dark grey top and grey and black two tone interior.

I love the expresso interior too but not on an Agate Grey car. Just my 2 cents...

Old 05-16-2012, 05:27 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
The cab at the NY Autoshow was agate grey with red/red and it was great. I happen to like the agate and brown look a great deal. But I would need to see which color matches the roof best. The espresso interior is beautiful on its own. I have a Pt silver car with red/black interior. If I had not done that I would have done a brown interior.

Great problem to have! Good luck!

Old 05-16-2012, 05:36 PM
jpr
jpr is infamous around these parts
I have a Agate Grey 991s to be deliver by the end of the month, it's on a slow boat from Germany..... I ordered mine with full black leather, knowing you can't go wrong with the black. You can't go wrong with any of the combo's though in my opinion. It's a Porsche....Enjoy!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:36 PM
rossd is infamous around these parts
I also have a 991 coupe coming in July with black leather, beautiful look int..having said that I saw at the dealer an Agate grey with agate int it also has a bit of brown to it very nice with the convertible I think the light leathers for the convertible would go very well

Old 05-18-2012, 06:09 PM
fantom557 is infamous around these parts
i am getting grey w/grey black top. i was going to get the grey w/red but in the end i went grey w/grey. grey with red was 2nd choice and very close but living in nyc and using it as a daily drive i just felt i wanted to tone down a bit. i had a silver w/red turbo cab blk top and it was hot hot!

Old 05-20-2012, 07:42 PM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by GBXSport
so, i'm set on an agate grey cabrio but having trouble deciding on interior and top colors. I've always loved the silver/brown color scheme of older P-cars. What do you guys think of agate w/ a brown top and espresso interior? Or would Umber look better. Does Agate fit with browns, in your opinion? Any help would be much appreciated, as i have a feeling we won't be seeing too many pics of 991's in these colors. Thanks guys!
I'm designing my car from the inside out. I'm loving espresso leather. For me, nothing comes close since they've eliminated natural brown. The trouble is that espresso limits ones exterior choices. I've seen platinum with espresso, and it's very, very nice. I haven't seen agate with espresso, but I'm guessing it would be very unique -- perhaps more of a Euro combination. I would also assume it would be a tougher resale. I'd love to see one in the flesh.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by fantom557
i am getting grey w/grey black top. i was going to get the grey w/red but in the end i went grey w/grey. grey with red was 2nd choice and very close but living in nyc and using it as a daily drive i just felt i wanted to tone down a bit. i had a silver w/red turbo cab blk top and it was hot hot!
Great to hear! Can you send me some pics when it comes in?

Old 09-29-2013, 07:58 PM
rgreenberg is infamous around these parts
My 991

Agate Grey w Black interior and black top looks awesome

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agate grey help