Color Dilemma...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:42 AM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Color Dilemma...

My favorite exterior color for the 991 is Guards Red.
My favorite interior color is the Agate Grey/Pebble Grey combo. It's beautiful.

Unfortunately, I fear this interior color doesn't suit Guards Red well. Has anyone seen this combo. on any 911?

(If not, then I may have to go with one of my second choices:
Guards Red/Luxor Beige or Dark Blue/Agate+Pebble Grey )

As you can tell, I don't like the black interior on the 991...

Last edited by hockeyguy4u; 05-25-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:30 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Guards Red/Beige is a classic combo and looks very good, having seen it in person. That is of course since you don't want black interior.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:58 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Go Paint to Sample... the world is your limit..

Old 05-25-2012, 02:06 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
If the choice in between an exterior that you love vs an interior that you love, i'd always go with the interior. Are you going to spend your time behind the wheel or looking at it while parked? Seems to me there are lots of good colors to go with the two tone gray interior, especially the blue.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:56 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Hope these help...

Attached Images     
Old 05-25-2012, 06:43 PM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u

Unfortunately, I fear this interior color doesn't suit Guards Red well. Has anyone seen this combo. on any 911?

Guards red with Agate Grey/Pebble Grey interior is a great choice IMO. Red and grey is a common color combo used throughout all automotive brands. Nothing wrong with it at all, especially if these are your two favorite colors for the exterior and interior. No reason to believe these two colors do not go well together.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:02 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not so sure it's the best color combo for resale, if that's a concern. There seemed to be a fair amount of 993s for sale in arena red with grey, and guards red with gray, when I was in the market a couple years ago, and they seemed to sit longer than other colors. Personally I don't mind it, but it's not my favorite.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
If you like it buy it, I would not worry too much about resale. That color combo looks fine.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Guards red looks best with a black interior, just add red seatbelts and platinum wheels.
Luxor beige with GR comes second.
Pebble/agate with GR, not the best combo IMO

Old 05-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by galion
Guards red looks best with a black interior, just add red seatbelts and platinum wheels.
Luxor beige with GR comes second.
Pebble/agate with GR, not the best combo IMO
I can't get excited about Porsche's sand beige/luxor beige interiors. Natural brown was a much richer tan color - don't know why they discontinued it.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:55 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mseligson
I can't get excited about Porsche's sand beige/luxor beige interiors. Natural brown was a much richer tan color - don't know why they discontinued it.
I disagree. The Luxor Beige interior is beautiful in the 991. The new ****pit/center stack in black has essentially two-toned the beige interior.. It's not the sandbox like the sand beige interior of the 997 was.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:45 AM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Agreed. Great color with almost every exterior choice, and it is a bit softer. Some say it even has a more intense leather aroma. I find the sand/luxor too pale and reflective. JMHO. Fortunately, I like the espresso about as much, although it limits the choice of exterior colors.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:34 AM
KYROCKS is infamous around these parts
Because it was ugly.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:34 AM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
I give Porsche credit for offering a wide choice of interior colors, but many of them are just a bit off. Yachting Blue is terrible. Agate Gray looks more muddy brown than gray. Even the red is too much with the red carpets, dash and steering wheel. Sand Beige is too yellow and does not belong in a sports car. I'll stick with basic black.

Don't get me started on exterior colors - why so many shades of brown? Do people really want brown 911s?

Old 05-26-2012, 03:42 PM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Gorgeous but white almost

Have seen the peel grey and it's gorgeous, but almost white in person based on configuration, it looked grey, but it's got a blue hue in it that makes it almost a light pale blue hue. Check ur dealer or find one that has the actual samples and u will see what I mean. Luxor beige and that red are stunning together IMO. The other thing ot consider, at least for me, is how much do u plan to open the top? If you have a light colored interior and get dust and body oil and sweat with an open top/hot day, then the seats will get dirty faster and require more cleaning to keep looking good. That's why I decided against the two tone, but it is really pretty. Good luck w ur choice. Gonna be a great car!

Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Color Dilemma...