991 Targa - the old school is back!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Check out what I just found!!

This is the car I am holding out for! They build it and they have my biz within minutes!! Guessing this will be a 2014 model release after the GT3 and Turbo?

Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by uhn2000
This is the car I am holding out for! They build it and they have my biz within minutes!! Guessing this will be a 2014 model release after the GT3 and Turbo?
2014 is probably a good guess... but have to say I'm disappointed. Loved the renderings with the fixed rear window. What is the point of a retractable cloth half roof or am I interpreting it wrong?? Doesn't look right to me... May as well get a cab. Also lack of a rear reflector strip suggests its 2WD, which is what it is but I'm guessing for a Canadian like you is a negative?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Nice find!

Originally Posted by KonaKai
2014 is probably a good guess... but have to say I'm disappointed. Loved the renderings with the fixed rear window. What is the point of a retractable cloth half roof or am I interpreting it wrong?? Doesn't look right to me... May as well get a cab. Also lack of a rear reflector strip suggests its 2WD, which is what it is but I'm guessing for a Canadian like you is a negative?
The mat "cloth" is part of the camo but the rear section is entirely fabricated out of glass... the "roll" bar is metal and will come in either gloss black or "chrome"/silver (like the window trim option).
Re; light strip, if you check in other pics you'll see it's there but has been either covered with tape or been painted over.
You can also define it as a wide-body by the side skirts, these only come with the 4 and 4S (going by spy pics the turbo and GT3 will have then too).

Also the roof section above the cabin retracts as apposed to having to manually lift it out... the only thing I don't know is how precisely this mechanized system works?
But I'm going to say probably very much like the cab folding roof... just totally different.

Cheers!

Old 09-29-2012, 04:38 AM
Yousef is infamous around these parts
I am new to porsche, what is the difference?

Old 09-29-2012, 08:04 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Nice find!

The mat "cloth" is part of the camo but the rear section is entirely fabricated out of glass... the "roll" bar is metal and will come in either gloss black or "chrome"/silver (like the window trim option).
Re; light strip, if you check in other pics you'll see it's there but has been either covered with tape or been painted over.
You can also define it as a wide-body by the side skirts, these only come with the 4 and 4S (going by spy pics the turbo and GT3 will have then too).

Also the roof section above the cabin retracts as apposed to having to manually lift it out... the only thing I don't know is how precisely this mechanized system works?
But I'm going to say probably very much like the cab folding roof... just totally different.

Cheers!
Makes sense now - thanks Sid!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:38 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yousef
I am new to porsche, what is the difference?
And what's the benefit? It used to be the roll bar, but now they have pop up bars to cover the rollover issue.

ChuckJ

Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Today got confirmation and (my heart tickled) that a Targa4S will be released for 2014 production MY. It will be an internet release very soon with an appearance in February or March - they are not sure just yet. I miss my Targa dearly and now since I am leaving to the middle east for a work tour of about a year figure I would take a bath on the M5 (sell now) and then pick this up later in the year!

If anyone else has any more information let us know!