rattle on driver side seat belt dispenser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
rattle on driver side seat belt dispenser

Does anyone else have the annoying vibration/rattle coming from where the seat belt retracts from on the driver side right next to your head? I have stuck my finger in there while driving and it stops so clearly there is something in that mechanism that is loose and making that noise.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:02 PM
grapesmc is infamous around these partsgrapesmc is infamous around these parts
I appear to have that and some other rattles that I haven't been able to pinpoint where they are coming from yet.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:44 PM
9114S2 is infamous around these parts
I have a lot of rattles unfortunately - the right and left seatbelt dispenser have been 'addressed' before - i had a rattle in the left A & B pillar and the right door speaker screws were loose...

Old 08-26-2012, 03:08 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I have a squeak in the right A pillar I'm trying to find the source of.

ChuckJ

Old 08-26-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm going to take it over to a nearby dealer this week, I'll update with what they declare.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:38 PM
mojocowboy is infamous around these parts
Any way to DIY the seatbelt retract rattle?

Just started noticing it.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tromero
Does anyone else have the annoying vibration/rattle coming from where the seat belt retracts from on the driver side right next to your head? I have stuck my finger in there while driving and it stops so clearly there is something in that mechanism that is loose and making that noise.

Yup, right there with you with the seat belt rattle.
Mine rattles at the exact same spot as well as at the rear view mirror.

Pain in the neck..

Old 08-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Banned
ironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these parts
same problem here. Only 1400 miles, driver's side seat belt tensioner is rattling/vibrating/creaking, lol. Whatever that sound can be described as. I swear I hear a creak here and there from the driver's side a-pillar as well.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 PM
That sound about right.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:05 AM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
I had a rattle in the sunroof (open and closed) that got addressed and now have it back in the shop because the passenger seat back rattles. There are a few more intermittent rattles I haven't been able to pinpoint yet. Rattling really diminishes the fun for me, not sure why....

Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
Hi,

I did fix it on my car, please see the pictures. I do not know if it will work for your problem or not but it does work for me.
1) Remove the seat belt retractor's cover (it is a rectangular black plastic cover), simply ply it out.. very easy by hand.
2) Remove the B pillar cover, just simply pull it out starting from the right&left bottoms (2 plastic clips) then pull out the upper part (1 metal clip).
3) Then I put 3M felt on the side panel as shown in the pictures to prevent it from flexing and hitting the car's body. You can see what else that might need to do to prevent the rattles.

PS. It always good to check the window's adjuster bolt to make sure that it does not lose, my ex-cayman usually have the creaking noise from the loosen window's adjuster bolt.

I have removed it several times, should be no problem for your guy to DIY at home. I also covered the seat belt retractor's cheap plastic cover with Alcantara so it will match with B pillar cover.

Cheer!

Attached Images    

Last edited by iambon; 08-28-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
Here is my alcantara seat belt retractor's cover.

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2012, 08:47 AM
I also had become an expert for noise/rattle fixer on 991S :P

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iambon
Hi,

I did fix it on my car, please see the pictures. I do not know if it will work for your problem or not but it does work for me.
1) Remove the seat belt retractor's cover (it is a rectangular black plastic cover), simply ply it out.. very easy by hand.
2) Remove the B pillar cover, just simply pull it out starting from the right&left bottoms (2 plastic clips) then pull out the upper part (1 metal clip).
3) Then I put 3M felt on the side panel as shown in the pictures to prevent it from flexing and hitting the car's body. You can see what else that might need to do to prevent the rattles.

PS. It always good to check the window's adjuster bolt to make sure that it does not lose, my ex-cayman usually have the creaking noise from the loosen window's adjuster bolt.

I have removed it several times, should be no problem for your guy to DIY at home. I also covered the seat belt retractor's cheap plastic cover with Alcantara so it will match with B pillar cover.

Cheer!
Great job!!! Where did you get the Alcantara?

ChuckJ

Old 08-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi, I just asked my nearby local shop to upholster it.

Last edited by iambon; 08-28-2012 at 06:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rattle on driver side seat belt dispenser