PASM versus SPASM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:52 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
[quote=BnB;3573069]
Originally Posted by ChuckJ

That's because it isn't.
Well, not much anyway.

ChuckJ

Old 06-20-2012, 02:48 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Spasm is ideal for track use, but in every day driving you will inevitably scrape the bottom much more than with just a Pasm car. I have seen other brands with lowered suspensions have plenty of scrapes down below.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:13 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Loving life with SPASM. So far I have done a whirlwind tour of 5 countries and 2 U.S. states (very recent arrival here) and not scraped anything.

Ride is great, even in Sport on crummy roads. (I did put PDCC on the car, which I believe also has comfort benefits when car is not pushed and the rollbars are relaxed).

Plus it looks nice, is my take.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:04 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Question Just to clarify

Is the PASM on NORMAL Setting the same firmness/softness as a 911 in normal mode?

I guess I'm trying to find out if the PASM in Normal mode is softer than in Normal Mode on a 911 without PASM.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 PM
exponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 19hole
The suspension is not stiffer, just lower.
I am afraid the SPASM would be stiffer than the PASM. Please see the fact below :

991 Spring Rates
Model_______Sway bar diameter_______front spring_____rear spring
991_________26.8 x 4.0 mm (hallow)____24 nm_________48 nm
991S________26.8 mm________________28 nm_________62 nm
991S Sport___28.0 mm________________33 nm________108 nm

Old 12-22-2012, 08:18 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
Have SPASM in this car and yes, it does cause a few more scrapes but not really that many compared to previous PASM. In regular driving it is tighter/flatter on cornering. I don't use the sport setting but didn't use it in 997 either. I prefer 991 SPASM to the 997 PASM. No track, DD only. Hope this helps.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:08 AM
gulrey22 has a spectacular aura aboutgulrey22 has a spectacular aura about
Is the car always 20mm lower if you have the SPASM option or only when you hit the PASM buttom?

Does the PASM button lower the car a further 10mm?

Old 12-25-2012, 08:12 AM
gulrey22 has a spectacular aura aboutgulrey22 has a spectacular aura about
Should have searched first. Just found my answer. It is always 20mm lower if you have the SPASM option.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Hotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really nice
I ordered 4S with aerokit and SPASM. With these options, the ground clearance is 5 3/4 inches. This is low, but not as low as my ZR1 which has 4 3/4, so it doesn't scare me. WOW! I gain 1 inch . I never scraped it. Sure, I must be more careful with driveway entrances... always take it in 45 degrees. When you are used to it, there is no problem. If where you live, there are a lot of bumps ... maybe you should go with the basic configuration.

Before the ZR1, I had a Lotus Exige ... that was lower than the ZR1.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:15 PM
rjhoskins has a spectacular aura aboutrjhoskins has a spectacular aura about
Hotmetal--
Did you order the full Aerokit Cup option or the Sport Design package? I'm considering a 4S w/ Aerokit Cup and really would prefer SPASM but am concerned with clearance. Previously had a GTR with zero issues, and a '06 M5 on H&R springs with zero isssues.

Will be following your impressions.....

Old 12-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Hotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really nice
Originally Posted by rjhoskins
Hotmetal--
Did you order the full Aerokit Cup option or the Sport Design package? I'm considering a 4S w/ Aerokit Cup and really would prefer SPASM but am concerned with clearance. Previously had a GTR with zero issues, and a '06 M5 on H&R springs with zero isssues.

Will be following your impressions.....
I ordered the full aerokit cup with PDCC and SPASM. As I mentioned, the ground clearance is 5 3/4 inches and I already have the reflex to access the drive way in 45 degrees ... because of my ZR1 and former Lotus Exige. It doesn't stress me at all, never scraped the body.
But, if your are really worried to scrape the body, you probably better to stay away from the aerokit. When you own a 911, it's to enjoy it ... not to stress every time you drive it.