Glass Sunroof Production Delay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Spyder: this combo is similar to the one I've been working with the consultant, only difference is the dashboard is also grey...any reason you didn't opt for all grey...congrats though it's a beauty!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:09 AM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Fester
Spyder: this combo is similar to the one I've been working with the consultant, only difference is the dashboard is also grey...any reason you didn't opt for all grey...congrats though it's a beauty!
Thanks! Two reasons for choosing the two-tone dash:

1. Lighter dashes can cause more reflections off of the windshield.

2. I prefer the look of the two-tone interior.

Spyder

Old 06-23-2012, 06:31 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Nice car!!!! Have fun!!

ChuckJ

Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 AM
mojocowboy is infamous around these parts
Looks awesome.

Interested in details wrt the sunroof. You mentioned one touch roof open but manual shade?

Old 06-23-2012, 10:50 AM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mojocowboy
Looks awesome.

Interested in details wrt the sunroof. You mentioned one touch roof open but manual shade?
More pix and s/r details to follow. Wifey expects to go to dinner now. They get that way sometimes.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Yes, they do :-)

Old 06-25-2012, 03:27 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
I had a July 9th build but got a call from my dealer that there will be a 2 week delay....

Old 06-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Two weeks isn't so bad I guess.

My dealer is checking to see if

Old 06-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Two weeks isn't so bad I guess.

My dealer is checking to see if it's a supply or quality issue. Guessing supply.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:00 AM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TSpyder
OK, here's a couple of images taken during my delivery brief. Sorry that none specifically show the glass s/r but, truth be known, there is no discernible exterior difference on a dark car. Otoh, light cars would have a nearly black roof with the glass s/r closed, alook that I find appealing.

Anyway, here's the exterior of my DBMS/2-tone 991 C2S.....

It'll never be that clean again, and, as noted above, it is currently filthy

Spyder
beautiful shot. awesome color

Old 06-26-2012, 03:31 AM
airwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to behold

Yep, unfortunately i just got the message from my PC and it is true 6 weeks delay for all 911 ordered with the glass sunroof, what a sh.... The reason is still unclear, but it looks more like a "technical problem" (not confirmed statement).....

...anyone else more infos?

Old 06-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Sammy72 is infamous around these parts
Well my dealer just confirmed to me last week that mine (2013 991s with glass sunroof) came off the production line on 22 June and is now waiting for shipment date so I guess the 6 weeks delay is applicable to only to selective models?

Old 06-26-2012, 07:17 AM
airwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to behold
..the ones which are already produced i can not really judge, fact is that some are held back which are already built.... i do not believe it only concerns selective models, based on the information i gathered.... mine has status fixed and is ready for production, they now offered me to change the option back to the normal roof........

Old 06-26-2012, 07:46 AM
zzboba is infamous around these parts
Same here. Just called my dealer, +6 weeks for all glass sunroofs. Mine switched from mid july to end of august.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Sammy72 is infamous around these parts
they ran out of glass......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glass Sunroof Production Delay?