Brake noise from the rear left

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 11:38 AM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Brake noise from the rear left

I picked up my car yesterday and enjoying it so much. I don't think I can go back to any other cars I've driven before.

a few comments though. Glare in the front windshield is driving me nuts and it's so annoying. feel like I'm required to wear a sunglasses when I drive my new 991. I wonder if 997 was the same case... How do you guys deal with the glare? I also noticed that I hear squeaky noise from the left rear side when the car is "almost" come to a halt. Do you guys experience the same? Do you think the brake pad hasn't been sat in properly yet?

Old 07-01-2012, 12:17 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Don't have a glare even though I am in an extremely hot and sunny location. Do you have a biege interior by any chance? That is known to cause some glare issues.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:11 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by aamersa
Don't have a glare even though I am in an extremely hot and sunny location. Do you have a biege interior by any chance? That is known to cause some glare issues.
yup mine is beige

Old 07-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Palden is infamous around these parts
You can understand now what I meant when I commented on it on my other post. That is why I went with two tone as well as wear polarized sunglasses. This is most likely due to the 991's flatter angled windshield than prior versions.

I have the brake issue on my front brakes. Probably the a component of the new brake pads or maybe the pad material. I have 700 miles on my car now and still hear it, but it has gotten a little better. Maybe others with more miles on theirs can chime in.

Minor issues that haven't kept me from enjoying the car. I am still in the break in period and I am itching to really get the revs up on the car though.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Breaks need to be broken in. Some companies suggest doing so before handing over to the end user.

Take you car up to about 70 on a section that is uncrowded. Watch the rear for other cars. Then break to a stop just short of ABS. Allow to cool and repeat 3 times. This should git rid of most if not all of your noise.