Burmester really worth it ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Burmester really worth it ?

I'm an audifile and enjoy good music whenever I'm able to. I've heard a lot of praises about Burmester sound over BOSE but am not able to personally hear it yet. Also in recent stock car audio reviews, pana Burmester came on top...I'm not sure how 991's compares with pana's? Will be great if someone has listened to both could chime in...The sales guy told me that 991's burmester is better than pana...how true is that?...thanks...

Last edited by Fester; 07-04-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I am no audiophile and have to wear aids just for conversation, however I have heard the Burmester and must say it is like my hearing has been resorted and the angels are singing. I can hear notes I have not heard in years.

At over 2K the Bose seems like just a radio and even at over 5K the Burmester seems like a bargain.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Thank you....it's convincing. Any idea how 991's compares with Panamera's?

Old 07-04-2012, 01:14 PM
HoleDgr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fester
Thank you....it's convincing. Any idea how 991's compares with Panamera's?
I am coming from a Panamera 4S with Burmester. It was truly the best audio experience I have ever had in a OEM stereo. When I ordered my 991 S cab I knew I had to have it again.

I would not say that the Burmester is better in the 991, but it is at least equal to it. One small difference that I noticed was I do not need to turn up the volume as loud to hear the same quality. It feels a little more intimate and acoustically tighter. The only problem is I also like to use the PSE, and when I do it really dilutes out the quality of the music.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:25 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Cant compare to the Panamera for you... but I F*#@ing LOVE it in my 991.....GET IT !

Old 07-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Gotcha guys...thank you! I'm fully convinced paying $5K extra for it...cheers!!

Old 07-04-2012, 02:00 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I have the Burmester system in my Panamera and my 991...I would say that they are equal in performance, and both are equally enjoyable. A huge step up over the Bose, to be sure. You won't regret it. Enjoy!

Old 07-05-2012, 05:34 AM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Fester
I'm an audifile and enjoy good music whenever I'm able to. I've heard a lot of praises about Burmester sound over BOSE but am not able to personally hear it yet. Also in recent stock car audio reviews, pana Burmester came on top...I'm not sure how 991's compares with pana's? Will be great if someone has listened to both could chime in...The sales guy told me that 991's burmester is better than pana...how true is that?...thanks...
Fester, i'm also audiophile myself and I own Sonus Faber, Jeff Rowland, Luxman, B&W, etc.. i have the std. audio on my 991 and if i had to do it again, i'd def. put burmester. that's the only option i regret not to put. fortunately PSE is entertaining my ears instead.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:12 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Get it

If for no other reason than the Bose seems handicapped in the 991 vs. the 997...

Old 07-05-2012, 08:07 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
For me having had Burmester in my 991S for a while but i can't truly enjoy the beautiful music unless I shut off the engine. (auto stop does help a bit)

Old 07-05-2012, 08:20 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
I enjoy audio. I usually have some sort high-end stuff going thru the house. Last set was Krell amps with Martin Logans (before they were manufactured in China. Very disappointing). Nothing exciting right now but after listen to the Burmester in my 991…

I think it is value. If you really like great sound, it might be worth the money. If you don’t then $5k might seem crazy. Personally, I really like the sounds over the Bose and feel the extra $$ was worth it. It is truly a great sounding system.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 AM
skinzy is infamous around these parts
I am an audiophile with a system similar in price to my 991. The Burmester is excellent and highly recommend. My one complaint is the bass. It lacks articulation and does not mesh as well as it could with the low midrange. Given the other choices it's a no brainier.

Last edited by skinzy; 07-05-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:47 PM
alexcalifornia is infamous around these parts
Absolutely agree here.
Burmester is superb. The other options sound flat. When you want a long journey and good quality sound - you will appreciate it.
Burmester for the house is 100K so you're really getting the car free...

Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by alexcalifornia
Burmester for the house is 100K so you're really getting the car free...

I should have sold it to my wife that way.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
skinzy has a point on the bass; i have had a few classical pieces where it seemed an issue but it could easily have been a bad recording just being highlighted.

anyway, the placement of sound by the Berm is just totally amazing; with the various sound options, you can switch music styles & with 1 button set it to suit. - super aspect

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Burmester really worth it ?