Don't get the 991 in BLACK!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 01:49 PM
VEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond reputeVEGAS9ELEVEN has a reputation beyond repute
Black is Best!!

Okay!! The 991 looks great in every color. But the truth is Black takes a little more work to maintain but when it's clean ....nothing comes even close!! A blacked out 991 just looks more aggressive.(just my opinion)

Here are some pics of my 991...blacked out.

Black powder coated wheels (the whole wheel not just the outside like the factory paints...looks more aggresive)
OEM factory clear turn signals (European models)
Removed all the rear badging and replaced it with just black "Carrera S"
Replaced the lower front spoiler lip with the more aggressive sport lip.
New silver polished Porsche hood crest (looks great - it was installed yet in this pic)
Clear bra on front of the vehicle.

and now I have my dream car....or at least until the new Turbo comes out! LOL

Either way....this is a great car!!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...0&ref=gnr-prev

Old 07-14-2012, 06:55 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fester
silver is THE color that highlights the lines and curves of this beauty!
Yes, what he said!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:54 PM
JPSJR is infamous around these parts
I got GT Silver, Super Happy with the color!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by VEGAS9ELEVEN
Okay!! The 991 looks great in every color. But the truth is Black takes a little more work to maintain but when it's clean ....nothing comes even close!! A blacked out 991 just looks more aggressive.(just my opinion)

Here are some pics of my 991...blacked out.

Black powder coated wheels (the whole wheel not just the outside like the factory paints...looks more aggresive)
OEM factory clear turn signals (European models)
Removed all the rear badging and replaced it with just black "Carrera S"
Replaced the lower front spoiler lip with the more aggressive sport lip.
New silver polished Porsche hood crest (looks great - it was installed yet in this pic)
Clear bra on front of the vehicle.

and now I have my dream car....or at least until the new Turbo comes out! LOL

Either way....this is a great car!!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...0&ref=gnr-prev

awesome black color.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 AM
97c2s993 is infamous around these parts
So here's my Basalt Black 991. Changed the side markers to clear for consistency. Interior is 2-tone Black/Grey Platinum for interior contrast and stitching.
I selected black specifically since it eliminates the contrast between black plastic parts and body color, and makes the car look clean and consistent throughout. The SPASM lip (I have SPASM) just adds that last bit of 'mojo'.
To each their own on color preference in the end. I think the lines are loud and clear too.
Love it!

Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Sammy72 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
Love Agate Grey for the 991. Love it with black HRE's.
yes agate grey is glorious! but then again it looks good in every color (except yellow)

Old 07-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
I agree with most that the 991 looks good in most colors and black is no exception. Aesthetically and IMO when clean black looks stunning when seen in real life. It may not photograph particularly well and may require above average photo skills to portray the color effectively. I've owned a couple of 911's that were black and the only reason I didn't go for black on my 991 was due to me being **** about swirls and dirt and black is too much work to keep clean. My last GT3 did it for me and black!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:18 PM
AMusic is infamous around these parts
those smoked rims look fantastic on a clean black car.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 AM
kauai_diver is infamous around these parts
Once you go black you never .... ah never mind.

I heard once there are three good colors for a Porsche: black, noir, or schwarz

Personally I love Basalt Black, that metallic touch makes it change just so slightly in different lighting. Only thing so darn hard to keep clean!

Black looks great!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Like has been stated "black is not a color,it's a labor of love"...
That said I absolutely love black, it just shows the lines and 3 dimensional design elements of the body so much more than a "color" which can sometimes overpower the clean lines and curves of design itself.

But... it's pain and a half to maintain!

Old 07-24-2012, 03:27 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Agree, pain to maintain.
But, Black with Black Wheels and Dark Tint, the car just sounds faster, looks faster!

Old 07-24-2012, 04:14 PM
AMusic is infamous around these parts
if you wrap your entire vehicle with one of those clear bra's, does it minimize swirl marks on black cars? Does it make it easier to maintain?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:21 PM
texex91 is a jewel in the roughtexex91 is a jewel in the roughtexex91 is a jewel in the roughtexex91 is a jewel in the rough
Black is the best color period.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
I agree basalt black metallic is an amazing color for this car. Vegas your car looks awesome. I ordered black w beige and got the sport pipes.... The contrast is amazing and really works well. The trick that I've learned with my last three black metallic cars is that, yes, they are much more work but cleaning with water only, no car wash substance of any kind, and hand washing keeps the shine longer and with less swirls. My last car I did the invisiline protection on front but only covered a part of the hood. I was watching the technician recently placing it on a f430 and was covering the entire hood and it looked awesome. That is my plan for when my 991s arrives.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:01 AM
Sidney1 has a spectacular aura aboutSidney1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 97c2s993
So here's my Basalt Black 991 ... Love it!
Hi @97c2s993!

Please post some more pics of your basalt black 991 ... it is exactly the look I prefer.

Maybe some different angles and lighting conditions - thank you.

Also a comment about the stiffness of SPASM in normal setting is useful .... is it similar with PASM ( non SPASM ) of 997.1 in normal mode ?

Best regards
Gregor

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Don't get the 991 in BLACK!