Don't get the 991 in BLACK!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:58 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Sorry to stay off topic but while we're on the subject, what is your opinion about cleaning the car once a week using only detailing spray and microcloths (then maybe finishing with a spray on wax) and washing with water and soap only every couple months?

This process is much quicker and more convenient for than washing and the car looks spotless and glossy when done. I figure it's also taking off less of the wax and polish from the detailing, which I plan to get done 2-3x a year.
I think those detailing sprays are good only for a car that's been waxed recently and has only light dirt or dust.

Regarding the soapless wash, I have done water only washes and still do occasionally but only when the car was recently waxed and the dirt is light. There is no way just water is going get off grease, bird poop or mud. I would be concerned that long soapless washes on very dirty surfaces would cause the dirt to be wiped into the paint surface.

I have used Turtlewax soap over 20 years. It is the most mild soap I have ever seen. My cars are constantly complemented on looking new the entire time I have them....so it must be working right.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 97c2s993
Here are some more shots taken using a polarizing filter which, depending on the setting changes the impact of the sun's reflection off the car.
I have never owned a 997 so I can't comment on the difference between S-PASM and regular PASM. Suffice to say though that I find the car very smooth to drive - meaning not overly harsh. Also, the lowered suspension (-10mm more than PASM) is also a difference in the stance of the car.
Great pictures of this car. You definitely captured the hidden colors within the Basalt Black Metallic paint. I've only seen this color once in person, in the sunlight, and it just seemed to subtly explode into blue, purple, and is it...brown or copper? Love it. My favorite color alongside Dark Olive Metallic.