Ordered 911s - New to 6SPO and 1st Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 08:54 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Ordered 991 - New to 6SPO and 1st Porsche

Hello, I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts regarding the new 991. As a result I had to join!! I recently ordered a 2013 911s with a build date of Sept. 13 and delivery mid October. It's driving me nuts!! As someone else mentioned, I am like a 6 year old at Christmas. It consumes my every thought. I'm about to make a paper chain with enough links to take 1 off every day until October 15th. Just kidding, but the wait is TORTURE. Here is my build:

- GT Silver (I've only seen the color swatch at the dealer. Taking it out in direct sunlight I liked the Gray in it, rather than the Gold tone in the Platinum Silver. . . . just personal preference)
- Black Full Leather
- 7 Speed Manual (I drove the PDK a number of times, and know it is faster, but for me, the fun factor was so much more with the Manual
- Burmester
- Prem. Pkg. Plus w/ Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18 Way)
- Deletion of Model Design (Porsche Only)
- Park Assist (front and rear)
- Sunroof (Standard)
- Electric Folding Mirrors
- PDCC with PASM Sport Suspension
- Sport Exhaust
- Sport Chrono
- Pwr. Steering Plus
- Carerra Classic Wheel
- Sport Design Steering Wheel
- Center Tunnel Rear in Leather w/ Decorative Stitching (Crazy Option, but I really like the way it looks, especially with the stitching)
- Porsche Crests on Headrests
- Brushed Aluminum Interior Trim and Center Console
- Voice Control (Don't really know why I ordered this. . . I have it on other vehicles and don't use it much. Figured it's a Nice To Have

Let me know if I missed anything, or if you experienced Porsche Owners would reccommend anything different. As I mentioned in the title, this is my first Porsche. I don't believe Porsche has locked the vehicle for its production run yet. I look forward to your feedback.

Sincerely,

dhill911

Last edited by dhill911; 07-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:56 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
wow awesome build. you put pretty much everything in it. can't wait to see it. looking forward to pix.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:58 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I love GT Silver - definitely going to order that colour. Fantastic build and the wait will definitely be killer!!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
That'll be another beautiful car!
If its any consolation, your car is being build a week ahead of mine! So count your blessings I'm in the wait zone too and yes it's frustrating but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 PM
tgcrun is infamous around these parts
I think you've got everything you need. It's going to be a great car.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:10 PM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to 6speed ! Maybe you could soften the ardor while you wait by scheduling some track training. I wished I had found two days before I took delivery.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Richfield is infamous around these parts
Hello,
If you think it's bad now (the anticipation), just wait until your delivery is 2-3 weeks out. I'm in some sort of time dilation waiting for mine.

Our cars are optioned similarly except I got PDK. I swore off MT after 30k miles in an RS4.

Aesthetically, I didn't care for the strips of aluminum on the doors, across the glove box, and over into the instrument cluster, so I opted for leather there ('EEA' - Interior package leather, $790). And I had them paint my headlight washer nibs white like the car. Also I didn't care for the grey tach, so opted for black there.

Your comment about voice control made me chuckle - that's *exactly* why I ordered it.

Undoubtedly over the next 10-12 weeks you will read the entire 991 forum like I have. It's helped to keep me sane.

Oh, I almost forgot: don't forget to order your aftermarket clear side-markers. It appears to be a right-of-passage. Mine are sitting here waiting for the car to arrive. I never would have thought to replace the DOT amber ones, but when I saw pictures of the clear, I was like "Yeah, gotta fix that".

Regards,

Old 07-18-2012, 06:26 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Welcome aboard and nice build!!!!!

The only item I would think carefully about is the power steering plus, it really changes the character of the car. The standard is great. I would do some driving of both versions while you still have a chance to change it.

You might also look at a couple of threads and see what the PORSCHE on top 911 below looks like. It's still nice and clean and that's similar to the original 911s back with the 901 chassis. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll post a picture of mine.

ChuckJ

Old 07-18-2012, 09:10 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all the feedback!! I really appreciate it. This forum is going to be my saving grace through the wait.

In reply to your feedback:

I am considering some track training. Not sure if I will be able to do it before my car arrives. Has anyone done the Porsche Driving School in Alabama? I hear it is an incredible experience. I think there might be one in S. California too, but heard Alabama is the better option.

My dealer told me they would put the clear side markers on the car for me when I ordered. They weren't even aware they were available until I showed them pictures from Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA

I originally did not opt for the Pwr Steering, but my dealer told me they wouldn't order a car without it. They said it only affects the car at low speeds (parking lot). Is this not true? I live in Boise, ID, so the dealer hasn't sold a lot of 991's. My order was the first local sale, which tells me they may not have the knowledge to give the best advice here.

Thanks again for the feedback. I feel like I'm making new friends here

Old 07-18-2012, 12:40 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhill911
Thanks for all the feedback!! I really appreciate it. This forum is going to be my saving grace through the wait.

I am considering some track training. Not sure if I will be able to do it before my car arrives. Has anyone done the Porsche Driving School in Alabama? I hear it is an incredible experience. I think there might be one in S. California too, but heard Alabama is the better option.

My dealer told me they would put the clear side markers on the car for me when I ordered. They weren't even aware they were available until I showed them pictures from Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA

I originally did not opt for the Pwr Steering, but my dealer told me they wouldn't order a car without it. They said it only affects the car at low speeds (parking lot). Is this not true? I live in Boise, ID, so the dealer hasn't sold a lot of 991's. My order was the first local sale, which tells me they may not have the knowledge to give the best advice here.

WRT the power steering, one write-up I read said that it provides some active input when the car is at its maximum steering / adhesion to stabilize the car and they thought it was a little spooky.

ChuckJ

Old 07-18-2012, 01:23 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
WRT the power steering, one write-up I read said that it provides some active input when the car is at its maximum steering / adhesion to stabilize the car and they thought it was a little spooky.

ChuckJ
Chuck - Please explain the above. You mean the ECU moves the wheel back to a "safe" position? I have PSP and haven't noticed that yet but I'm headed to my first track day in the 991 tonight and this would be good to know. Thx

Old 07-18-2012, 01:47 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Wow! Rock solid build with everything.

But I can't help but think that you are spending way too much on a 991S. Unless you plan on keeping and enjoying it for several years. You're probably real close to turbo territory price wise.

But any way congrats on a great car coming your way.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all

I wouldn't order power steering plus. it's really useless. mine doesn't have one and I dont see why one should spend extra $ for it. that's how they trying to rip you off. do NOT order it.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:00 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Hello, I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts regarding the new 991. As a result I had to join!! I recently ordered a 2013 911s with a build date of Sept. 13 and delivery mid October. It's driving me nuts!! As someone else mentioned, I am like a 6 year old at Christmas. It consumes my every thought. I'm about to make a paper chain with enough links to take 1 off every day until October 15th. Just kidding, but the wait is TORTURE. Here is my build:

- GT Silver (I've only seen the color swatch at the dealer. Taking it out in direct sunlight I liked the Gray in it, rather than the Gold tone in the Platinum Silver. . . . just personal preference)
- Black Full Leather
- 7 Speed Manual (I drove the PDK a number of times, and know it is faster, but for me, the fun factor was so much more with the Manual
- Burmester
- Prem. Pkg. Plus w/ Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18 Way)
- Deletion of Model Design (Porsche Only)
- Park Assist (front and rear)
- Sunroof (Standard)
- Electric Folding Mirrors
- PDCC with PASM Sport Suspension
- Sport Exhaust
- Sport Chrono
- Pwr. Steering Plus
- Carerra Classic Wheel
- Sport Design Steering Wheel
- Center Tunnel Rear in Leather w/ Decorative Stitching (Crazy Option, but I really like the way it looks, especially with the stitching)
- Porsche Crests on Headrests
- Brushed Aluminum Interior Trim and Center Console
- Voice Control (Don't really know why I ordered this. . . I have it on other vehicles and don't use it much. Figured it's a Nice To Have

Let me know if I missed anything, or if you experienced Porsche Owners would reccommend anything different. As I mentioned in the title, this is my first Porsche. I don't believe Porsche has locked the vehicle for its production run yet. I look forward to your feedback.

Sincerely,

dhill911
Nice build!!! Looks like we have the same build and delivery date. The wait is long, especially more so, after reading all the 991 threads on both 6Speed and Rennlist!!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Chuck - Please explain the above. You mean the ECU moves the wheel back to a "safe" position? I have PSP and haven't noticed that yet but I'm headed to my first track day in the 991 tonight and this would be good to know. Thx
From what I read, it tries to help stabilize the car if the driver is on the edge of loosing control. It wasn't very detailed in its description. I assumed they meant like turn the wheels in the direction of travel to regain grip, but I really don't know. I was surprised and am not sure of the credibility, but unless you're on ice or out of control on the track I don't think you'll get to test to see if it's true.

ChuckJ
PS Please don't try to find out empirically tonight!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordered 911s - New to 6SPO and 1st Porsche