Sport Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 AM
fstbiker is infamous around these parts
Sport Exhaust?

Can you keep it on all the time with out hitting the button?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
Don't believe it can from the factory, but your dealer may be able to do some reprogramming in the ECU to turn it on full time,....although I have not heard of this "solution" yet.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Yea this is asked a lot. They need to be able to let you leave the car in sport mode all the time as well.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:10 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fstbiker
Can you keep it on all the time with out hitting the button?
Trust me you will not want that. Having the "off option" is a real plus when you are crusing (PSE turns into a drone) and also when you have a headache or are just not in the mood or don't want to attract attention. Also the best way to switch on pse is by going in to any sport mode.

BTW, unrelated, but at gas stations in Dubai there is no custom to switch the engine off while fueling which gas attendants do for you (no self service). Most drivers just sit in car with engine and a/c on and no one is forced to shut down. While idling at gas stations I noticed PSE on attracts more attention than PSE off.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I believe that it is probably like the past PSEs. If this is the case it comes on above 4K or can be switched on so it remains on below 4K. If you push sport it comes on and can be switched off, however it still opens above 4K. This is also around the time when the cams change so the sound is glorious.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:12 PM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
I don't believe it switches on above 4k rpm or any engine speed, but, as you write, it is switched on when either sport mode is engaged.

Spyder

Old 07-22-2012, 03:15 PM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
I thought it was bad for cars to have them on/idling while filling up gas?

Old 07-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
[QUOTE=TSpyder;3597870]I don't believe it switches on above 4k rpm or any engine speed, but, as you write, it is switched on when either sport mode is engaged.

Spyder[/QUOT

I don't know about the 991 but is opens up on my RS60 at 4K RPM. As for sport buttons I only have one and it is as you describe. Can you also chouse to switch yours off when on sport mode? I can't on mine.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Originally Posted by aamersa
Trust me you will not want that. Having the "off option" is a real plus when you are crusing

I don't think he wants it on 100% of the time, but the ability to leave it on until he wants to turn it off. As it is now, PSE resets to "off" every time you turn the car off. There should absolutely be a way to program it to stay on until "turned" off. Like having a memory of the switch.

I finally broke down and bought a SmartTop which makes my Caby top, alarm and door locks finally work the way they should come from Porsche.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:02 PM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
[quote=Sloopy;3597909]
Originally Posted by TSpyder
I don't believe it switches on above 4k rpm or any engine speed, but, as you write, it is switched on when either sport mode is engaged.

Spyder[/QUOT

I don't know about the 991 but is opens up on my RS60 at 4K RPM. As for sport buttons I only have one and it is as you describe. Can you also chouse to switch yours off when on sport mode? I can't on mine.
Yes, you can choose to turn off PSE any time it's on.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:36 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Katera
I don't think he wants it on 100% of the time, but the ability to leave it on until he wants to turn it off. As it is now, PSE resets to "off" every time you turn the car off. There should absolutely be a way to program it to stay on until "turned" off. Like having a memory of the switch.
I would like that with the auto-start-stop feature, I want it to be permanently off, till I wish to turn it on, which will be never. Every time I turn car off, my deactivate selection is forgotten and I have to remember to select it again upon restarting. Tough life

Old 07-25-2012, 04:49 PM
midknightx is infamous around these parts
pretty useless the sounds is crap, just buy aftermarket exhaust..

the sounds even nearly the same with sport plus, without sport plus the sounds is still the same with standart only a little bit of change.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:04 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by aamersa
Trust me you will not want that. Having the "off option" is a real plus when you are crusing (PSE turns into a drone) and also when you have a headache or are just not in the mood or don't want to attract attention.
I agree as much as I love the sound there are plenty of times it is nice to keep it off

Originally Posted by Sloopy
I believe that it is probably like the past PSEs. If this is the case it comes on above 4K or can be switched on so it remains on below 4K. If you push sport it comes on and can be switched off, however it still opens above 4K. This is also around the time when the cams change so the sound is glorious.
I didn't have the PSE on my 997 so I don't know how that works but on my 991 as soon as you push the button for PSE the sound changes immediately and the rpm's have a slight boost at idle.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:39 AM
Banned
johnmiller is infamous around these parts
i cant believe this.