What kind of loaner car am I supposed to get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
HAHAHA, I'm in Fabolous' boat. Toyota Camry from the local Toyota dealer. MAYBE if I'm lucky, an A4 from the Audi dealer next door. ARRRRGH!

Old 07-25-2012, 06:11 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fabolous
Wow, you guys are lucky. My dealer is the largest (sales) in the state and they only provide the normal rental rate from enterprise (lol)

Usually a chevy or if im lucky a stripper volvo wagon.

For my range rover they do the same but its enterprise's own jags and LRs (much more acceptable to me)
The Ft. Worth guys tell me they stopped providing Porsche loaner cars when they figured out they were being used like rental cars!

ChuckJ

Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Zmoney is infamous around these parts
What's the fastest car on the planet?
A rental car.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:04 PM
lv2spd is infamous around these parts
When my 997 was in the shop they sent me to enterprise and they gave me an egg looking car where i can reach across pasenger...So i upgraded immediatley for 35 more dollars i got a ml...

Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
When I service my 911 and Cayenne (which I bought from them) Porsche San Diego provides Cayennes with a smile and great service! ... Last one was a Cayenne S Hybrid, which I though was actually pretty sweet. They are a fantastic dealer to work with and highly recommended in San Diego!

It wasn't always this way though, when they were called Pioneer Porsche ... they used to do the enterprise POS thing, once I got a Hyundai Elantra in purple with a flat tire and cigarette burns on the velour seats (5 days after taking delivery of my new 911 which went back for some serious tranny issues).

Old 07-26-2012, 04:40 AM
Banned
johnmiller is infamous around these parts
@Zmonay> its the slowest car in the plant :P

Old 07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Da Hapa

Believe it or not, the Porsche dealer here in Newport Beach often puts you in some POS from Enterprise!
actually that's what happened to me here at Tysons Corner in VA. Enterprise doing business in the dealership service area and porsche pays them whatever i get. in my case it was crappy dirty A4 w/o nav.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lv2spd
When my 997 was in the shop they sent me to enterprise and they gave me an egg looking car where i can reach across pasenger...So i upgraded immediatley for 35 more dollars i got a ml...

Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
My dealer in Mobile Alabama always tries to put me in the best thing they have.. its always washed and clean. I could care less what is or what accessories it has on it, for crying out loud

Old 07-27-2012, 10:01 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
So, the answer to the original question "what kind of loaner car am I supposed to get" is quite simple. You are not "supposed" to get anything. It is up to the individual dealship how they handle loaner cars. Some, like mine, do try to get you into a Porsche (usually a Panamera) but if they are all out on loan they use some of the Audi A4 loaners. They will also get you an Enterprise car if they don't have anything on the lot to give you. Some dealerships only use the Enterprise solution, while others don't do anything at all.

There is nothing in your purchase of a new Porsche that promises you a loaner for service. Yes, some dealers do get a stipend from PCNA to have them but not all get this.

Be happy that they offer you something to drive and don't just send you to a rental car counter. My dealership will even come pick up my car for service if I ask them to. It all depends on the level of customer satisfaction/service that the ownership of the dealership wants to provide.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:33 PM
brandonq is infamous around these partsbrandonq is infamous around these parts
I think thats a bad business strategy. if you were a porsche dealer, wouldnt you want to let the customer test a diff p car hoping theyd buy from you in the future?

Just my opinion...

Old 07-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brandonq
i think thats a bad business strategy. If you were a porsche dealer, wouldnt you want to let the customer test a diff p car hoping theyd buy from you in the future?

Just my opinion...
+1....

Old 07-29-2012, 04:30 PM
lucas997 has a spectacular aura aboutlucas997 has a spectacular aura aboutlucas997 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Glassman
I bought a new Boxster S in MD then moved to Tennessee a few years later, at around the time Porsche of Chattanooga opened for business. I live less than 20 miles from PoC and so I had (and still have) my car serviced there. I feel like I receive red carpet treatment every time I go to the dealership. Even though I didn't buy the car in TN, I was always offered a loaner. Cars provided include Cayenne S, Boxster manual, Boxster with PDK, Jaguar XJ Supercharged (twice). One memorable time Porsche of Chattanooga loaned me a showroom new Cayman S with less than 100 miles on the clock. I borrowed that car on a Wednesday or
Thursday, expecting my Boxster to be ready by Friday. However, a needed part had not arrived. Although the salesman wanted the car back as a demo for Saturday walking traffic, they wound up letting me keep the Cayman until the following Tuesday! !

Needless to say, when I recently decided to buy a new 911, I headed straight for Porsche of Chattanooga.
Agree, the folks at Porsche of Chattanooga are very nice. Usually, a Boxter or a Land Rover. The also throw great parties.