What kind of loaner car am I supposed to get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 04:29 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Question What kind of loaner car am I supposed to get?

I'd like to know what kind of loaner car does your dealer provide (or supposed to..) when you took your new 991 in for service.

Because of keyless sensors on my 2013 991 is not working from day one which I bought 3 weeks ago, I took it to the dealer and they provided me a crappy Audi A4 without a Nav which isn't even washed. Unfortunately I just moved from NJ to VA last weekend I took the 911 to the local dealer in VA where I didn't purchase my car from. Am I supposed to get a loaner car from the same brand? or am I being discriminated because I didn't purchase the car from them??? I'm so new here, I'm having hard time driving around and I even got lost going to work and coming back home today.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear about your issue, hopefully they get it fixed quickly.

It's up to the individual dealer as to what they give. I've had Porsche, Audi and VW loaners. I really don't care what they give me for a day or couple of days of service as long as it's decent transportation. They technically don't have to give anything, but given they are high end dealers most people want something. Within the last two years I have gotten a base Boxster, Audi A4 and base Cayenne (wish I had the A4 back instead of this) as loaners. If it's decent & free, I'm good.

From what I have seen the dealers that offer high dollar loaners often have high overhead costs and don't deal as much on the cars when bought.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:02 PM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about your problems.

I haven't bought a Porsche yet, but Hennessy Porsche here in northern Atlanta said that given enough notice (i.e. you're not just a walk-in) they try to loan out Panameras, Cayennes, or Caymans. If they run out of those they also have Honda Accords (I can't remember if they said they had Audis too... I may be making that up).

Hope your technical issues get resolved ASAP!

-Keith

Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
I've always gotten a Cayenne.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:17 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
The dealer in Ft. Worth doesn't have any Porsche cars in its fleet. One of the dealers in Dallas has 22 in its fleet, but since buying my 2007 997.1 I only got a Porsche loaner in that Dallas dealership 1 time out of the 5 it was in for service (none of which were oil changes).

ChuckJ

Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keith27
Sorry to hear about your problems.

I haven't bought a Porsche yet, but Hennessy Porsche here in northern Atlanta said that given enough notice (i.e. you're not just a walk-in) they try to loan out Panameras, Cayennes, or Caymans. If they run out of those they also have Honda Accords (I can't remember if they said they had Audis too... I may be making that up).

Hope your technical issues get resolved ASAP!

-Keith
+1! Same dealer
Got a Cayenne S Hybrid the last time (and did not like it at all, the regular Cayenne S was much better IMO), but always fine to have the opportunity to try other Porsche's

Old 07-24-2012, 08:14 PM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
+1! Same dealer
As a side note I met Dave G over there last Friday and told him it was your Journal Thread that even brought to my attention that Hennessy exists (I live in midtown so I thought Jim Ellis was the only Porsche dealer in "metro" Atlanta). Turns out he's the guy who helped you. Small world.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keith27
As a side note I met Dave G over there last Friday and told him it was your Journal Thread that even brought to my attention that Hennessy exists (I live in midtown so I thought Jim Ellis was the only Porsche dealer in "metro" Atlanta). Turns out he's the guy who helped you. Small world.
Dave is a very good salesperson (helping you finding solutions vs. pressing to place your order - I appreciate this). The only gripe I have is that he helped my wife and kids pulling a prank on me recently. There was this fantastic GT3RS 4.0 for sale and my wife led me to believe that one of my neighbor and friend would get it as a surprise gift for his 40th birthday. This got me soooo jealous. Then my son emailed Dave about the prank and when I contacted him to confirm where the car had been sold, he of course responded that is was very close to where I lived I would have been happy for my friend but so envious in the meantime! Anyway, I still have to remind Dave that he owes me one for Pulling my leg!

Ok, back to the theme of this thread!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:01 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
They give me a Panamera.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Glassman is infamous around these parts
I bought a new Boxster S in MD then moved to Tennessee a few years later, at around the time Porsche of Chattanooga opened for business. I live less than 20 miles from PoC and so I had (and still have) my car serviced there. I feel like I receive red carpet treatment every time I go to the dealership. Even though I didn't buy the car in TN, I was always offered a loaner. Cars provided include Cayenne S, Boxster manual, Boxster with PDK, Jaguar XJ Supercharged (twice). One memorable time Porsche of Chattanooga loaned me a showroom new Cayman S with less than 100 miles on the clock. I borrowed that car on a Wednesday or
Thursday, expecting my Boxster to be ready by Friday. However, a needed part had not arrived. Although the salesman wanted the car back as a demo for Saturday walking traffic, they wound up letting me keep the Cayman until the following Tuesday! !

Needless to say, when I recently decided to buy a new 911, I headed straight for Porsche of Chattanooga.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:39 AM
G997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Glassman
I bought a new Boxster S in MD then moved to Tennessee a few years later, at around the time Porsche of Chattanooga opened for business. I live less than 20 miles from PoC and so I had (and still have) my car serviced there. I feel like I receive red carpet treatment every time I go to the dealership. Even though I didn't buy the car in TN, I was always offered a loaner. Cars provided include Cayenne S, Boxster manual, Boxster with PDK, Jaguar XJ Supercharged (twice). One memorable time Porsche of Chattanooga loaned me a showroom new Cayman S with less than 100 miles on the clock. I borrowed that car on a Wednesday or
Thursday, expecting my Boxster to be ready by Friday. However, a needed part had not arrived. Although the salesman wanted the car back as a demo for Saturday walking traffic, they wound up letting me keep the Cayman until the following Tuesday! !

Needless to say, when I recently decided to buy a new 911, I headed straight for Porsche of Chattanooga.
Thats the way it should be
I wish all dealers treated their customers like that!!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
They're not "supposed" to give you anything as it's not Porsche USA's policy. It's up to the individual dealer to provide a loaner or not and then again, up to them as to what kind of loaner to provide.

Believe it or not, the Porsche dealer here in Newport Beach often puts you in some POS from Enterprise!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Glassman
I bought a new Boxster S in MD then moved to Tennessee a few years later, at around the time Porsche of Chattanooga opened for business. I live less than 20 miles from PoC and so I had (and still have) my car serviced there. I feel like I receive red carpet treatment every time I go to the dealership. Even though I didn't buy the car in TN, I was always offered a loaner....

I've been dealing with them for a number of years and have always had an exceptional experience with them. Great non-pushy sales and a very knowledgeable and friendly tech/service dept. They usually ask me what car I would like for a loaner. The cars have always been new...ish Land Rover, Jag, Porsche. Grateful to have a small dealer in Chattanooga.

Last edited by Haku; 07-25-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Glassman is infamous around these parts
Exactly, Haku. Service commensurate with understanding the customer's passion for Porsches (even when idiosyncratic) and anticipating not only what needs to be done, but how to do it in a way that tells the customer "all that can be done has or will be done".

Old 07-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Fabolous is a jewel in the roughFabolous is a jewel in the roughFabolous is a jewel in the rough
Wow, you guys are lucky. My dealer is the largest (sales) in the state and they only provide the normal rental rate from enterprise (lol)

Usually a chevy or if im lucky a stripper volvo wagon.

For my range rover they do the same but its enterprise's own jags and LRs (much more acceptable to me)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What kind of loaner car am I supposed to get?