My 991 S build has been DELAYED!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:00 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
My 991 S build has been DELAYED!!!

Just got told by PCNA that my 991S build has been pushed back 1 month from Sep to Oct with delivery in November sometime. This is because of the glass sunroof issue...apparently, they are having supplier issues.

Am very disappointed by this delay. Wondering if the glass roof is worth it now. Knee jerk reaction was to call the Ferrari dealer to see how long it would take to have a California built and shipped.

Also, the delay has thrown a real spanner in the works in terms of the road trip I had planned to make to break the car in. October drive up to Vermont would have been great for the fall colors...

Old 08-10-2012, 02:54 PM
7SPEED991 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully they will resolve their supplier issues soon. I wanted the glass sunroof but my impatience got the best of me. I have seen some pictures posted that look great so I think it will be worth the wait. My car is somewhere near the east coast, and its beginning to feel like an eternity. Good luck!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Did anyone else notice that they removed Glass moon roof from configure.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:36 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 7SPEED991
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully they will resolve their supplier issues soon. I wanted the glass sunroof but my impatience got the best of me. I have seen some pictures posted that look great so I think it will be worth the wait. My car is somewhere near the east coast, and its beginning to feel like an eternity. Good luck!
Thanks 7speed! The wait is almost over for you. I just sold my 993 a few weeks ago and am already getting antsy.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Sloopy
Did anyone else notice that they removed Glass moon roof from configure.
Sloopy, I spoke to the PCNA exclusiv person yesterday and she said they are not taking glass roof orders until pag sorts out the supply issue.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:15 PM
G997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DBYT
Just got told by PCNA that my 991S build has been pushed back 1 month from Sep to Oct with delivery in November sometime. This is because of the glass sunroof issue...apparently, they are having supplier issues.

Am very disappointed by this delay. Wondering if the glass roof is worth it now. Knee jerk reaction was to call the Ferrari dealer to see how long it would take to have a California built and shipped.

Also, the delay has thrown a real spanner in the works in terms of the road trip I had planned to make to break the car in. October drive up to Vermont would have been great for the fall colors...
Bail on the sunroof entirely. It's a stupid option.
BTW, November in VT doesn't suck, especially the 1st 3 weeks

Old 08-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by G997
Bail on the sunroof entirely. It's a stupid option.
BTW, November in VT doesn't suck, especially the 1st 3 weeks
Just saw the glass roof at a dealer today and it is a very nice option, so am sticking with it.

Will likely make the trip anyway, depending on when the car arrives.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:30 AM
G997 is infamous around these parts
It will rattle
You'll be bummed

Old 08-12-2012, 02:39 PM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by G997
It will rattle
You'll be bummed

The glass s/r on my 991 is rattle free

Old 08-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Bear2020 is infamous around these parts
No possible way Ferrari could have a Cali built and delivered before your 991 arrived. Besides its such a different car than the 991. If it weren't for a wife, kids, mortgage, etc, i would trade my 991 that's on order for a California. Tough decisions!

Old 08-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Bear2020
No possible way Ferrari could have a Cali built and delivered before your 991 arrived. Besides its such a different car than the 991. If it weren't for a wife, kids, mortgage, etc, i would trade my 991 that's on order for a California. Tough decisions!

Cali was my first choice but wife felt that the 991 was a better DD and a less extravagant way to reward a recent financial home run and my 40th.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:21 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
I too have a glass moonroof on order with a build date of 8/21.... Lets see if it happens... It has been pushed back from July...

Old 08-16-2012, 07:19 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DBYT
Cali was my first choice but wife felt that the 991 was a better DD and a less extravagant way to reward a recent financial home run and my 40th.
I was in a similar predicament but went with the Cali. When I optioned out a 991C2S with the plethora of options I enjoyed on my 997.1C2S, the pricepoint came out north of $125K. At that juncture, I started looking at some other options i.e. V10R8, F430, Cali. I got a sweetheart deal on a 1 year old Cali from my friend and it has proven a more enjoyable DD than my C2S in terms of ride comfort and top-down driving. It's a different car though, more GT than the C2S, larger, and thirstier. The exhaust note alone is worth the price of admission.

Your wife is right about the attention, it's a little unnerving to come out from the grocery store or gas station and have people taking cameraphone pictures of your car. The 911 is more sportscar with more precise handling. Enjoy your 991S, you can always move to the new twin-turbo Cali or 458 spider in the future.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by surfah
I was in a similar predicament but went with the Cali. When I optioned out a 991C2S with the plethora of options I enjoyed on my 997.1C2S, the pricepoint came out north of $125K. At that juncture, I started looking at some other options i.e. V10R8, F430, Cali. I got a sweetheart deal on a 1 year old Cali from my friend and it has proven a more enjoyable DD than my C2S in terms of ride comfort and top-down driving. It's a different car though, more GT than the C2S, larger, and thirstier. The exhaust note alone is worth the price of admission.

Your wife is right about the attention, it's a little unnerving to come out from the grocery store or gas station and have people taking cameraphone pictures of your car. The 911 is more sportscar with more precise handling. Enjoy your 991S, you can always move to the new twin-turbo Cali or 458 spider in the future.
I had never been a Ferrari fan until the day I drove a Cali...you are right, the exhaust note alone is worth the $250k.

I also figured that we would need a new SUV soon as our Range Rover is getting a bit long in the tooth, so instead of dropping that kind of money on just one car, for that 250k, we could get a new 991S and a new Cayenne Turbo...way better bang for our buck...

Last edited by DBYT; 08-16-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: typo