Tracking an order...without bothering dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Tracking an order...without bothering dealer

I'm just wondering if there's a way to track an order that's in the system without bothering my dealer every five seconds!

The impatient side of me would far prefer to do this myself and as often as I like. Its a wonder that Porsche don't provide an online tracking system thats accessible by customers.

Any ideas?

Old 08-13-2012, 12:46 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
My dealer told me there was not except for when it's on the ship.

ChuckJ

Old 08-13-2012, 12:56 PM
skinzy is infamous around these parts
They need to have this ability. I can track a $10 pizza but not a $100,000 car?

Old 08-13-2012, 01:38 PM
nova996 is infamous around these parts
I'm with you, I would love to have a simple web page that just gave us access to the order status code. I could then write myself a little status update notification system, which I'd be happy to share with everyone else.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skinzy
They need to have this ability. I can track a $10 pizza but not a $100,000 car?
so true!

Originally Posted by nova996
I'm with you, I would love to have a simple web page that just gave us access to the order status code. I could then write myself a little status update notification system, which I'd be happy to share with everyone else.
That would be perfect Nova.

In this age of instant updates and up to the minute tracking of a tiny package surely Porsche can provide this facility. Heck even charge it as an option! How much would we want to pay for this service? I'll start... $100

Old 08-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Haku
That would be perfect Nova.

In this age of instant updates and up to the minute tracking of a tiny package surely Porsche can provide this facility. Heck even charge it as an option! How much would we want to pay for this service? I'll start... $100
The system the dealers use is web-based already, isn't it? (I see URLs on the bottom of the prints I've gotten so far on this Panamera I ordered). So this shouldn't be hard to do, just remove all the personal information from the existing page and make it public.

Of course some neurotic person here will write a script to check that 100 times a second and ruin it for all of us.

Yes, I'd pay for this service. The dealer is very vague with me and seems bothered by all the questions.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by nova996
The system the dealers use is web-based already, isn't it? (I see URLs on the bottom of the prints I've gotten so far on this Panamera I ordered). So this shouldn't be hard to do, just remove all the personal information from the existing page and make it public.

Of course some neurotic person here will write a script to check that 100 times a second and ruin it for all of us.

Yes, I'd pay for this service. The dealer is very vague with me and seems bothered by all the questions.
Quite right, it is currently web based. They should be able to port the relevant info to customers easily enough.

My dealer is cool but they are small and have better things to do than amuse an impatient character like me.

One thing does come to mind... if we could attract the attention of an insider at Porsche and let them know, it would be a start. Hmmm....

Btw, your Panamera GTS is going to be amazing. I drove one at Barber and I was blown away by its performance.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Haku
My dealer is cool but they are small and have better things to do than amuse an impatient character like me.
Oh, I think we're all impatient when we order cars like this to our exact specs. I spent months doing all my research and deciding on all the options. Now I want the car!

Btw, your Panamera GTS is going to be amazing. I drove one at Barber and I was blown away by its performance.
Great, thanks for making the wait that much harder.

I haven't even seen one yet. But given all the reviews, and other Porsche's I've owned, I'm pretty confident this car will be a great fit as our family weekend car. I can't wait. I have a September build, currently "scheduled for production", whatever that means.

Your 991S sounds amazing also. I got the PDCC, like you did. I cant' wait to see how that feels.