Dealer car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Dealer car?

I am looking at ordering a very high option car. I just happen to find one very close to what I want in So Cal and I live in N Cal.

While I would order a different color and just a few more options I think the options I want could be easily added.

The question is; would it be better to try and get my local dealer to try and trade for the car and deal with them or deal directly with the dealer that has the car?

It would be serviced by my local dealer and I have purchased from them before. Since this is a 2012 991S listing at 139K I am thinking that they will have a harder time getting rid of this car and may want to deal more.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 AM
7SPEED991 is infamous around these parts
Sloopy,
If you have purchased from Dealer A before and you like the way they do business, don't inquire about a car that Dealer B has if you want to buy from Dealer A. I say this because Dealer A may not be able to trade for your car because Dealer B thinks they have a possible sale after an inquiry from you. Chances are that Dealer A will be more willing to negotiate a better deal because you have done business with them before and use their service department. Dealer B may see you as an out-of-town guy that will never use their service depertment and now feel they need to make all of their profit from the sale upfront. With 2013's coming in, Dealers will want to move left-over 2012's especially spec'd at 139K. Even in CA, that may be a hard sell. Just my opinion. Good Luck!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
I would (and have) deal directly with the dealership that has the car. They may offer a better price as they know they will get a sale. With a trade, it depends on the details, cars involved, etc. Also, typically with a dealer trade, you will be asked to pay for shipping of BOTH cars - the one from your local dealer to the other dealer and the one being sent to your dealer. That alone can negate some of the savings.

Negotiate the deal, fly there and drive home, smiling all the way!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Neither dealer has any Ida of my intentions which is why I am asking.

I know if I talk to the out of town guys they would not want to trade it.

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:59 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
I would talk to your selling dealer that you know. Reason being, they have the ability to locate cars everywhere, and may just find a car you like better.

Second, the other dealer knows that if you are calling them, you want "that" car, and may hold that to your disadvantage.

Mike

Old 08-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
My friend got a discount on his 991 lease, but this was his 3rd porsche so I think that had a lot to do with it. Plus he's a dealer owner.