Porsche detailing

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:06 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rnl
Mine certainly does. However, it is my understanding that the fewer times the car is wiped there may be fewer scratches and swirls. I may be wrong. Anyone know for certain?
Exactly...

Old 08-19-2012, 09:07 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
RNL, you are absolutely correct. Some detailer's recommend not dragging anything across your paint and using a blotting method when drying to avoid micro scratches and swirls. Using a leaf blower makes blotting a lot easier because 85% of the water is gone. I also use a Stihl blower.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:39 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
Very interesting... I never would have considered using a leaf blower on my car! I too have always dried with a clean chamois, never once considering this was bad for the car. I wash with water only, no de-ionizer( but now looking into one!). Does anyone use the " all wheel( macguires)" type products on their wheels? I have heard some can erode the enamel on the calipers.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:12 PM
With regard to the Lexol interior leather cleaners and conditioners, do I need to worry about the alcohol content of lexol weakening the leather over time? Seems like some people are only cleaning the interior with h2o, thoughts?

Old 08-27-2012, 03:35 PM
TOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really nice
started using a leaf blower for my car-Works amazing especially good for drying the convertible top. It gets the car 95 percent dry and then i wipe down the remaining 5 percent with a very soft cloth. The car comes out sparkling.....definitely recommend. Started using Zaino love it! Very wet looking

Old 08-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
Use all of Zainos products,....exterior and interior (their Leather items are great also)

Old 08-27-2012, 05:37 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by braindoc1
With regard to the Lexol interior leather cleaners and conditioners, do I need to worry about the alcohol content of lexol weakening the leather over time? Seems like some people are only cleaning the interior with h2o, thoughts?
Heres an option for a basic cleaner....works good on the whole interior really....NO shiny messy look either.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Meguiar...378/128-oz-S1/

Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by braindoc1
I typically just use a damp cloth to dust the leather. If I have something that needs to be cleaned, I spot clean it with Lexol Cleaner (Rarely have had to do this). I condition with Lexol Conditioner 1x to 2x per year (apply, let sit for 5 minutes and buff dry). Never had a problem with it. IMO, once it dries it looks like more of a natural rejuvenation, rather than greasy.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Use all of Zainos products,....exterior and interior (their Leather items are great also)
I use to use all the Zaino products and then I got into the high dollar products which I tend to like better. In the end, how you wash the car is most important. There are many cleaners and tools which can be used which will make the job of getting it done easier.

As for polishes; this is where the real learning curve starts and separates the great retailers from the true masters. As for waxes, it is a matter of choice and I believe I can see the difference of the high carnauba waxes, however if I had to pick form a group I probably couldn't, so then it comes down to protection from dirt and contaminates and any good product may work here. The time between applications will vary.

At the end of the day I am with all the other ***** in this area.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dhill911
I typically just use a damp cloth to dust the leather. If I have something that needs to be cleaned, I spot clean it with Lexol Cleaner (Rarely have had to do this). I condition with Lexol Conditioner 1x to 2x per year (apply, let sit for 5 minutes and buff dry). Never had a problem with it. IMO, once it dries it looks like more of a natural rejuvenation, rather than greasy.
Thanks, I like that plan.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:05 PM
skinzy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TOPorschefan
started using a leaf blower for my car-Works amazing especially good for drying the convertible top. It gets the car 95 percent dry and then i wipe down the remaining 5 percent with a very soft cloth. The car comes out sparkling.....definitely recommend. Started using Zaino love it! Very wet looking
+1 tried the blower this weekend. A real time saver and worked gret on the cab soft top!

Old 08-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Anyone used the opti seal product before?

Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM
mojocowboy is infamous around these parts
Where do you guys find time to wash your car?

With 2 young kids I'm lucky to find time just to drive it.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 PM
TOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really nice
When they sleep...........but it is getting harder to make the time. I find it very relaxing. Good stress relief.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:21 PM
SeaCay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TOPorschefan
I find it very relaxing. Good stress relief.

+1 At home I call it "detailing yoga" so my wife can relate. Gets me a free pass to spend some quality time with the P cars. :-)

Last edited by SeaCay; 08-27-2012 at 10:23 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Porsche detailing