Thoughts on my potential C4S config?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 12:21 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I would get the sunroof, I agree its ugly from outside, but imo every car at this price point should have one.
Besides that, when tilted, its very useful to ventilate the cabin, the buffeting with the windows opened is unbearable in the highway.
The glass sunroof would be nice too.

Last edited by galion; 08-31-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:55 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
Originally Posted by paxton
i thought the park assist was the same as on my cayenne (backup cam and visual clues), now that i know it's only sensors, i might get rid of it. I just love the red interior contrast against the agate grey and am not too concerned about resale.
+1000

Old 08-31-2012, 05:45 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Very nice build. Once you get the sport exhaust you will want to listen to it all the time, si I am not sure that any audio investment is required
I am running a PSE + aftermarket headers + muffler bypass (Agency power) and could not care less about the audio system. Music is merely a background noise, the flat six is what you want to listen to

More seriously, I have the Bose system and found it to be good enough.
If you get a chance, post up a video of the exhaust from your car. Would love to hear how this sounds!

To OP, great spec. Would only add PCCBs, but I love them! Maybe Burmester, but that is such an individual option.

J

Old 08-31-2012, 06:18 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Very nice build. Once you get the sport exhaust you will want to listen to it all the time, si I am not sure that any audio investment is required

More seriously, I have the Bose system and found it to be good enough.
I had the Bose in my 2009 C2S and have the base audio with HD in the 991. The HD comes in the Bose now and is better than my old Bose; and personally I think the base audio with HD is very acceptable also (and better than my old Bose without HD). There still is road noise to compete with so it's not like listening to these radio's in your living room.

ChuckJ

Old 08-31-2012, 07:12 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
agreed, I have the bose in my 991S cab and it sperfectly fine

Old 08-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
Looks great to me!,....and the part about C. Red interior being bad for retail is nonsense, it with Agate is a stunning combo.

Things I would think of....

Upgrade to Burmester,....way awesome.
For the red interior definitely get the steering column in leather, and fuse box covers in leather, otherwise they are black and ugly. You can
see what I mean with the 3D Configurator
Some carbon fiber interior bits, or maybe the dash and door trim in exterior color.

Otherwise, great choices!

Old 08-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Paxton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Looks great to me!,....and the part about C. Red interior being bad for retail is nonsense, it with Agate is a stunning combo.

Things I would think of....

Upgrade to Burmester,....way awesome.
For the red interior definitely get the steering column in leather, and fuse box covers in leather, otherwise they are black and ugly. You can
see what I mean with the 3D Configurator
Some carbon fiber interior bits, or maybe the dash and door trim in exterior color.

Otherwise, great choices!
Good point on the steering column and fuse box. I agree the combo of red with Agate is really impressive! Looking into the sunroof but can't seem to see an option on the configurator for the glass version.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:07 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I have an Agate grey with Carrera red interior and I get so many compliments on it...I absolutely love this combo. It makes me smile every day! I also have CF interior, and added the MACarbon side sills...which I love. The interior/exterior combo also looks great with the red calipers and red tail lights....here are some recent photos of my Carrera S.

Attached Images     
Old 08-31-2012, 06:12 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Also just had the PORSCHE logo on the back painted to match the Agate exterior...I really like how it came out!

Attached Images   
Old 08-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by JCBH
Also just had the PORSCHE logo on the back painted to match the Agate exterior...I really like how it came out!
Thanks for sharing the pictures, the car looks amazing. I really like the rear logo color coded, I might actualy steal your idea ;-)

Old 08-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks! Steal away!

I also like how the wheels I got have almost an Agate inside paint color, so it matches really well...looks like I did it on purpose!

Enjoy specifying...you will love whatever you choose. I also got the Burmester sound system...would never have a car without it; it is epic. We have it on our Panamera but not on our Cayenne and I am thinking of trading it out for one with it (and the panorama roof)...because it is so good.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:35 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCBH
I have an Agate grey with Carrera red interior and I get so many compliments on it...I absolutely love this combo. It makes me smile every day! I also have CF interior, and added the MACarbon side sills...which I love. The interior/exterior combo also looks great with the red calipers and red tail lights....here are some recent photos of my Carrera S.
Too bad they don't offer a red 2 tone interior. I think that red looks great would but look better with a black dash. Does anyone know if a deviating dash can be added?

Old 08-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PT Doc
Too bad they don't offer a red 2 tone interior. I think that red looks great would but look better with a black dash. Does anyone know if a deviating dash can be added?
PT Doc:

A) 'Porsche Exclusive' will shortly offer a 'Black/Carrera Red' two tone interior on the 991! I will post about in on my thread next!

B) Deviating color dash has been available for a while. What wasn't available was the ability to color coordinate the 'soft touch' painted plastic parts on the dash to the deviating leather color you chose for the dash. It created a horrible mismatched look. That is being corrected now and it will be announced soon. More on my next post at thread link listed below:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ive-you-4.html

Saludos,
Eduardo

Old 09-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Z356
PT Doc:

A) 'Porsche Exclusive' will shortly offer a 'Black/Carrera Red' two tone interior on the 991! I will post about in on my thread next!

B) Deviating color dash has been available for a while. What wasn't available was the ability to color coordinate the 'soft touch' painted plastic parts on the dash to the deviating leather color you chose for the dash. It created a horrible mismatched look. That is being corrected now and it will be announced soon. More on my next post at thread link listed below:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ive-you-4.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Thanks Eduardo for the info, I am now torn as I think the two tone 'Black/Carrera Red' interior would be awesome. Any ETA regarding release and cost?

Old 09-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Paxton
Thanks Eduardo for the info, I am now torn as I think the two tone 'Black/Carrera Red' interior would be awesome. Any ETA regarding release and cost?

Paxton: Reference ETA. Don't know when exactly. I am waiting to hear back from Sascha Glaeser hopefull as soon as he returns from his vacation. I expect this option to be available later this fall (2012), so very soon!

Cost shouldn't be any difference than what you are paying for the upgraded 'natural' leather 'Carrera Red', which comes in at approx $5K. Other than 'Leather to Sample', there is no more expensive leather option in the Porsche order guides than this! PAG considers your seats/front & rear, lower part of the doors and rear panels as the PRINCIPLE leather in your interior. So 3/4 of your interior will come in the better grade, natural 'Carrera Red' leather! Only parts of the dash, and top of the doors & rear panel (if a coupe only) will be covered with the lesser grade standard 'Black' leather. In reality it should cost less...but don't count on it since we all know we are dealing here with Porsche!

What I don't really know if they will follow the precedent they set with the standard 991 Bi-Color (two tones) interiors where they include deviating stitching on the darker leather (Black or Agate). This would be a welcome feature if they throw it in! Again, I hope to find it but don't count on being there!

What most people don't realize is how 'revolutionary' providing that deviating stitching in the 991 Bi-Colors options is for this very conservative Zuffenhausen-based organization. 'That's one small step for just about any modern auto company, a giant leap for Porsche' to paraphrase the immortal words* of the heroic astronaut that we affectionately remember this week in our prayers!

Saludos,
Eduardo

*Neil Armstrong: "That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on my potential C4S config?