Thoughts on my potential C4S config?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Paxton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Z356
Paxton: Reference ETA. Don't know when exactly. I am waiting to hear back from Sascha Glaeser hopefull as soon as he returns from his vacation. I expect this option to be available later this fall (2012), so very soon!

Cost shouldn't be any difference than what you are paying for the upgraded 'natural' leather 'Carrera Red', which comes in at approx $5K. Other than 'Leather to Sample', there is no more expensive leather option in the Porsche order guides than this! PAG considers your seats/front & rear, lower part of the doors and rear panels as the PRINCIPLE leather in your interior. So 3/4 of your interior will come in the better grade, natural 'Carrera Red' leather! Only parts of the dash, and top of the doors & rear panel (if a coupe only) will be covered with the lesser grade standard 'Black' leather. In reality it should cost less...but don't count on it since we all know we are dealing here with Porsche!

What I don't really know if they will follow the precedent they set with the standard 991 Bi-Color (two tones) interiors where they include deviating stitching on the darker leather (Black or Agate). This would be a welcome feature if they throw it in! Again, I hope to find it but don't count on being there!

What most people don't realize is how 'revolutionary' providing that deviating stitching in the 991 Bi-Colors options is for this very conservative Zuffenhausen-based organization. 'That's one small step for just about any modern auto company, a giant leap for Porsche' to paraphrase the immortal words* of the heroic astronaut that we affectionately remember this week in our prayers!

Saludos,
Eduardo

*Neil Armstrong: "That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind"
Eduardo, thanks again for a very informative answer, I'd agree that red deviating stitching on the black parts would be extra special, fingers crossed. I'm assuming the fuse cover would still be in black unless specified with the red leather. What about the steering wheel column?

Old 09-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Paxton
I'm assuming the fuse cover would still be in black unless specified with the red leather.
Yes, black plastic. It is really hard to see. This is the last thing, if I have anything left after squandering all of my children's education money on a fully optioned Porsche leather interior, I would order! However, I just remembered that I don't have any damn kids...so what option number is that?

What about the steering wheel column?
Black plastic since the steering wheel will be black too! Here is the chance for you get the biggest leather bargain in a 991's interior - ''Steering column casing in leather', Option # XNS, for $465! Trust me, is worth every penny of that!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Old 09-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Yes, black plastic. It is really hard to see. This is the last thing, if I have anything left after squandering all of my children's education money on a fully optioned Porsche leather interior, I would order! However, I just remembered that I don't have any damn kids...so what option number is that?

Black plastic since the steering wheel will be black too! Here is the chance for you get the biggest leather bargain in a 991's interior - ''Steering column casing in leather', Option # XNS, for $465! Trust me, is worth every penny of that!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Is there a way to keep the steering wheel in red?

Old 09-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
Is there a way to keep the steering wheel in red?
Possibly...wait until the actual new customized Bi-Color interior program is finally announced and then ask if you could 'fine tune' it. Good luck!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Old 09-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Possibly...wait until the actual new customized Bi-Color interior program is finally announced and then ask if you could 'fine tune' it. Good luck!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Sounds good!