Sport Chrono Package $2,370
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) $4,080
PASM Sport Suspension $890
Instrument Dials in Black $0
Smoking package $0
Destination Charge $950

Total Price $131,675

Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a very nice build.

Everyone is going to come up with something else. I'd pass on the park assist, sport exhaust and get the Burmeister. Or keep it all and add the Burm.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:16 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
I agree with ditching the park assist but as I opted for the premium plus to get keyless and entry and drive I have it and it's not that helpful.. I love keyless though.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Breaker841 is infamous around these parts
The burmeister is simply amazing!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:56 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by braindoc1
I agree with ditching the park assist but as I opted for the premium plus to get keyless and entry and drive I have it and it's not that helpful.. I love keyless though.
Can you elaborate on what you don't like?

Old 08-30-2012, 07:05 AM
Previous park assists I have had give some visual representation of what's triggering the sensor, this does not. I will concede that we usually know where we are close, but in this car I find the notification less helpful. The few times a car has passed behind me as I was backing up, the sensors did not notify me of its Presence. My only criticism of the 991 is the rear visibility with the top up, and that is where the we sensors should help.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Are 5mm spacers effective on a wide body?

Old 08-30-2012, 08:06 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I just don't understand why you need park assist on a car this small if you possess even infinitesimal driving skills. On a Suburban or similar sure I can understand but on a 911?

Have you seen the red interior in person? It will definitely make the car more difficult to sell, so if you're at all concerned about resale value and ease of resale then I'd seriously consider a different interior color. Other than those two options, you've got the most important performance ones (PASM & sport chrono). Everything else on your list is personal preference.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:22 PM
agreed, it would make more sense for Porsche to install a backup camera than the sensors.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Paxton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
I just don't understand why you need park assist on a car this small if you possess even infinitesimal driving skills. On a Suburban or similar sure I can understand but on a 911?

Have you seen the red interior in person? It will definitely make the car more difficult to sell, so if you're at all concerned about resale value and ease of resale then I'd seriously consider a different interior color. Other than those two options, you've got the most important performance ones (PASM & sport chrono). Everything else on your list is personal preference.
I thought the park assist was the same as on my Cayenne (backup cam and visual clues), now that I know it's only sensors, I might get rid of it. I just love the red interior contrast against the agate grey and am not too concerned about resale.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:42 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Very nice build. Once you get the sport exhaust you will want to listen to it all the time, si I am not sure that any audio investment is required
I am running a PSE + aftermarket headers + muffler bypass (Agency power) and could not care less about the audio system. Music is merely a background noise, the flat six is what you want to listen to

More seriously, I have the Bose system and found it to be good enough.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Very nice build. Once you get the sport exhaust you will want to listen to it all the time, si I am not sure that any audio investment is required
I am running a PSE + aftermarket headers + muffler bypass (Agency power) and could not care less about the audio system. Music is merely a background noise, the flat six is what you want to listen to

More seriously, I have the Bose system and found it to be good enough.
Thanks Serge, I completely agree with you!

Old 08-30-2012, 05:44 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by braindoc1
Previous park assists I have had give some visual representation of what's triggering the sensor, this does not..
Hmmm, Not sure what you ment but the 991 park assist system do have a visual representation in the PCM display of what is triggering the sensors. Mine looks like the attached pic below.

Originally Posted by Paxton
I thought the park assist was the same as on my Cayenne (backup cam and visual clues), now that I know it's only sensors, I might get rid of it.
The sound and visual clues work great for me, saved my front lip many times from those high concrete parking stops. I found them very useful in a low car such as the 991

You have a great build there!

Attached Images  

Last edited by galion; 08-30-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by galion
Hmmm, Not sure what you ment but the 991 park assist system do have a visual representation in the PCM display of what is triggering the sensors. Mine looks like the attached pic below.

The sound and visual clues work great for me, saved my front lmany times from those high concete parking stops. I found them very useful.

You have a great build there!
Ok, so it's the same as in my Cayenne minus the back up camera. I will keep it in my build then! I agree it can be very helpful in not ruining the front bumper on those high concrete parking stops. Thanks for the pic.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:59 PM
KevinC is infamous around these parts
Nice build. I have the Bose and would probably move up to the Burmester if I were building my car today. PSE is a must IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on my potential C4S config?