Porsche classic wheels or platinum silk gloss wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:14 PM
OG911 is infamous around these parts
Smile Porsche classic wheels or platinum silk gloss wheels?

Hey Guys

I got 5 more days to lock my order for a Carrera S. I am still not decisive weather to go for porsche classic wheels or carrera s wheels painted in platinum silk gloss.

My order will be the following

Carrera s
White
Wheels ( not decided yet)
Parking sensors
Folding mirrors
Metal sun roof
911 replacing model ( not 100% sure yet)

Porsche dynamic lights in black
Privacy glass for rear and side windows.

PDK
Sports chrono plus
Sport exhaust
Sport 20 mm lower

Full black leather interior
Sport design stealing wheel paddle shifters
Light design package
Porsche crest on head rests
Heated seats

Rev count in black
Sports chrono dial in white

My dealer had enough of me so won't dare to ask him again!

Any comments/ recommendation would be great

Old 09-03-2012, 03:37 AM
arthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nice
Originally Posted by OG911
Hey Guys

I got 5 more days to lock my order for a Carrera S. I am still not decisive weather to go for porsche classic wheels or carrera s wheels painted in platinum silk gloss.

Carrera s
White
Parking sensors
Folding mirrors
Metal sun roof

PDK
Sports chrono plus
Sport exhaust
Sport 20 mm lower

Light design package
Heated seats

Rev count in black

OG911,

Greetings from a fellow aussie.......

I have a C2S Cab on order in white as well. I initially ordered the Carrera S wheels in platinum silk but have since changed over to the Classic wheels. My preference is for black wheels so I might pick up a set aftermarket and have two sets. I like the Classic wheels as they look larger than the Carrera S wheels but would take the older 997.2 turbo wheels over the lot......

Have a look at the white c2s in this link..... Black wheels on a white car looks amazing......

http://www.hrewheels.com/image-gallery/# sorry couldnt link directly to the car 2nd row
Not a 911 C2S but a good example
http://www.flickr.com/photos/avantga...in/photostream

Since you have placed your order do you mind me asking how much of a discount you managed to squeeze of out of our local thieves. I nearly walked away from the brand after my experience here in Melbourne.

You certainly have optioned it up with some of the more expensive options in Australia ie full leather interior - I couldnt bring myself to spend $11K plus taxes on the leather option. My config is as follows:

991 C2S Cab
White (Annoyed I couldnt order Carrara White)
20" Classic Wheels
Spacers
Sports Design Steering Wheel
PDK
Sports Chrono
Sports Exhaust
Entry Drive
Front & Rear Park
Ventilated Seats
Folding Mirrors

The only options I am tossing up at the moment is the 18 way Adaptive Sports Seats, online services and voice control. My dealer is a bit sick of me too but I havent been too bad overall other than pricing. Are heated seats not standard on the coupe?

Regards
Arthur

Old 09-03-2012, 07:56 AM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Both look great, but if you get the platinum silk gloss wheels just make sure you never, ever, ever curb them, because curb rash will stand out like crazy on those and will be difficult and expensive to repair.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:38 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
I ordered the Classic Wheels. Like mentioned earlier, I think the wheel has a larger appearance on the car than other Porsche options. Just my opinion. Best of luck with your decision.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:53 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dhill911
I ordered the Classic Wheels. Like mentioned earlier, I think the wheel has a larger appearance on the car than other Porsche options. Just my opinion. Best of luck with your decision.
Agreed 100%, the radial design of the Carrera Classics makes them visually larger than any other models, I could'nt believe it until I saw another 991 with sport technos next to mine. It is very noticeable.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Dallas991 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OG911
Hey Guys

Carrera s
White
Parking sensors
Folding mirrors
Metal sun roof

PDK
Sports chrono plus
Sport exhaust
Sport 20 mm lower

Light design package
Heated seats

Rev count in black

What is your build date? Just curious how far in advance it locks. And did your sales guy tell you you have five days or are you just guessing?

Old 09-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dallas991
What is your build date? Just curious how far in advance it locks. And did your sales guy tell you you have five days or are you just guessing?
Mine has a production date of 9/18,....and as of 8/29 it was locked. A week or two before then it was not. So IMO you might consider 3 weeks before prod date as the cutoff. My advice, get what you want in as soon as possible 'cause even build dates can and do change sometimes. For my previous 997.2 it was actually built about a week before the proposed build date.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by arthurk
OG911,

Greetings from a fellow aussie.......

I have a C2S Cab on order in white as well. I initially ordered the Carrera S wheels in platinum silk but have since changed over to the Classic wheels. My preference is for black wheels so I might pick up a set aftermarket and have two sets. I like the Classic wheels as they look larger than the Carrera S wheels but would take the older 997.2 turbo wheels over the lot......

Have a look at the white c2s in this link..... Black wheels on a white car looks amazing......

http://www.hrewheels.com/image-gallery/# sorry couldnt link directly to the car 2nd row
Not a 911 C2S but a good example
http://www.flickr.com/photos/avantga...in/photostream

Since you have placed your order do you mind me asking how much of a discount you managed to squeeze of out of our local thieves. I nearly walked away from the brand after my experience here in Melbourne.

You certainly have optioned it up with some of the more expensive options in Australia ie full leather interior - I couldnt bring myself to spend $11K plus taxes on the leather option. My config is as follows:

991 C2S Cab
White (Annoyed I couldnt order Carrara White)
20" Classic Wheels
Spacers
Sports Design Steering Wheel
PDK
Sports Chrono
Sports Exhaust
Entry Drive
Front & Rear Park
Ventilated Seats
Folding Mirrors

The only options I am tossing up at the moment is the 18 way Adaptive Sports Seats, online services and voice control. My dealer is a bit sick of me too but I havent been too bad overall other than pricing. Are heated seats not standard on the coupe?

Regards
Arthur
Hey

Sorry for a late reply.. i got about 15k off the retail price

Old 09-08-2012, 02:23 AM
arthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nice
So what wheels did you opt for in the end?

Old 09-08-2012, 03:15 AM
this is my final order and it has been locked!

carrera s
white
platinum silk gloss wheels
spacers
Sport suspension 20 mm lower
parking sensors
folding mirrors
911 badge
sun roof

Black leather interior
heated seats
rev counter in black
PDK
Sports chrono

sport steering wheel
porsche crest on head rests
burmester

So there you go.. took me three months of daily you tubing and internet searching to finally lock the order ..

Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Well done.......
So when is the expected delivery date?

Old 09-08-2012, 07:48 AM
November built.. January delivery

Old 09-08-2012, 07:52 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
I think the design of the classics make them look too large for the car. Reminds me of wagon wheels.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GS997S
I think the design of the classics make them look too large for the car. Reminds me of wagon wheels.
I like them and think they do look good on the 991,...but 8 out of 10 cars I see have them. I'm not too keen on the off-black brownish grey they are painted though.

For my Guards Red coupe I choose black painted sport designs

Old 09-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Congrats on you choices. I found it a huge relief when my order was locked and I knew that no more changes could be made. I sure made enough of them until that point!

I like the classics but also think that they look slightly oversized and somewhat blingy. I saw the platinums at the dealer and instantly liked them. In real life they are a bit darker than on the configurator or pictures I've seen online. I therefore ordered them for my car which has just been built and is awaiting shipment.

I think you made the right call and your car is going to be superb.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche classic wheels or platinum silk gloss wheels?