C4S Cabrio Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 07:24 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
C4S Cabrio Build

Helping my dad put together a build for a C4S Carbio. What are we missing or What do we have that we dont need? Let me know. My biggest question is whether Power Steering Plus is worth it and also the Sport Chrono. The rev-match on down shift feature sounds great...otherwise, not sure how worth it is it. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

-BOSEŽ Audio Package
-Premium Package
-Cabriolet Roof in Brown
-Mahogany Metallic
-Luxor Beige standard interior
-ParkAssist (front and rear)
-Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
-7-speed Manual Transmission
-Sport Chrono Package
-Power Steering Plus
-20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
-Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
-Power Sport Seats (14-way)
-SportDesign steering wheel

Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a nice build. I like the Mahogany / brown roof combo.

I decided to drop the Power Steering Plus from my build, so I would consider losing that. Since I live in NYC I thought I needed it for parking and tight space maneuvering, but after driving both I am convinced that the standard steering is ok for me. I don't mind the extra effort.

After hearing this car with and without it on test drives, I would suggest adding the sport exhaust. It makes a noticeable difference in the sound without being obnoxious.

PDCC may be overkill if you aren't going to track the car, but I haven't driven one with it, so I can't say for sure.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 AM
how about the sport chrono? Is it worth it or more for the "cool" factor?

Old 09-04-2012, 08:55 AM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Sport Chrono is must get option with the PDK, it is not really needed with the manual but it's nice to have the dynamic engine mounts.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
If you like driving with the Paddles, Sport Plus mode is a must!. Upshifts and downshifts are amazing.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
side mirrors that retract are a nice feature. you may wish to consider a heated multi function steering wheel.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:11 PM
ok, i think we made a mistake. I think the color we like is Anthracite Brown, not Mahogany. What do you guys think? Looks to me like Mahogany is more redish brown where Anthracite is more greyish brown. Am i correct?

Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Anthracite brown has a hint of gray, I love that color, very elegant but not that popular.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
When it comes to building a Porsche just go with what YOU like.
For every reason someone likes one thing there's another who doesn't.
Opinions are like erhhh "elbows"... everyone's got one.

That said congrats to your dad (and you) on getting a 991 C4S!
I just put in my order today as well.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:57 PM
KevinC is infamous around these parts
Nice build. I would add sport chrono, power steering plus and PSE. IMO PSE is a must have. I have all three on my 991 and would order them again if I were ordering today.