Carrera S Powerkit: Anyone getting it? Sounds like a GTS to me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:27 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Carrera S Powerkit: Anyone getting it? Sounds like a GTS to me

Just noticed this option for the S...Wondering if an extra 17k is worth it...

Carrera S Powerkit
Increases performance to 430 hp. Contains:
  • modified cylinder heads and camshafts
  • newly developed variable resonance intake system featuring 6 plus 1 switchable valves
  • center radiator
  • Sport Exhaust System with specially designed dual twin-tube tailpipes
  • Sport Chrono Package including dynamic engine mounts
  • revised engine control unit including new engine compartment styling with a titanium colored cover and carbon inserts

Old 09-11-2012, 10:38 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
But you're not getting the widebody with the 2wd platform as well as other goodies.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:09 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
snore....

Old 09-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Nine XI is infamous around these partsNine XI is infamous around these parts
I took a good look at it on a new 991 S Cab. It is really only about $13K if you want the Chrono and Sport Exhaust. However, the power curve shows that the true impact is mostly over 6,000 RPM. Not something you will see in most daily driving. I am going to pass...

Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nine XI
I took a good look at it on a new 991 S Cab. It is really only about $13K if you want the Chrono and Sport Exhaust. However, the power curve shows that the true impact is mostly over 6,000 RPM. Not something you will see in most daily driving. I am going to pass...
Perfectly right, so unless you are a track addict, just pass.
If you wait a few month, an aftermarket exhaust w/sportcats + tune + intake will give you at least the same hp and better torque with probably a more noticeable impact in the mid rev range for half the cost. And you can still use the rest of your money for springs and lighter wheels that will further enhance the performance of the car.
Who cares about the warranty anyhow

Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 AM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Agreed.. unless you're winding the crap out of your engine around town, are you really ever going to notice the additional 30 HP?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
no thanks!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
Totally agree,....but at what price would you really start to think about it given that SC and PSE are included?

$9k, $10k,....$12k, or what ???

I would only really start to entertain it @ around $10k. That's about $4.5K for the non PSE/SC items,...and your still just getting modified versions of parts that are already in included.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:53 AM
Nine XI is infamous around these partsNine XI is infamous around these parts
I can't speak for others but if this options was $9-10K I would likely get it. I do like the pictures of the carbon trim in the engine bay and the power would be nice to have when you are airing it out.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Perfectly right, so unless you are a track addict, just pass.
If you wait a few month, an aftermarket exhaust w/sportcats + tune + intake will give you at least the same hp and better torque with probably a more noticeable impact in the mid rev range for half the cost. And you can still use the rest of your money for springs and lighter wheels that will further enhance the performance of the car.
Who cares about the warranty anyhow
Agreed

Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM
mediking is infamous around these parts
Well I certainley ordered my 991 with the S Powerkit. I figured, if I am going to spend over 6K for the Sports Chrono Package and Sports Exhaust combo, might as well spend the extra 12K and get the entire powerkit that includes everything including the additional 30 hp. I don't like the Porsche 991 turbo shape especially the rear spoilers and side vents, they destroy the pure 911 look for me. Trust me if they made a carrera S body with 500+ hp I'd pay almost any amount to get it, but unfortunatley the top power they currently offer is with the s Powerkit, and I don't trust aftermarket exhaust or muffler shops with my car, heck I don't trust anyone with my beloved 911.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
13k for 0.1 seconds faster 0-60? No thanks

Old 12-05-2012, 05:50 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
I would have gotten it for that price if it also included PDCC.
Call me chicken, but there's nothing like a factory upgrade with a warranty.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Ya. I was really wanting to feel the difference between the two: with or without the Powerkit so I was looking for opinions.

And ya, I'd rather spend the extra 12k on ceramics and pocket 4k