Marina Ace has sailed...anyone's car on it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:11 PM
ace78 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Very nice, Haku! Congrats! BTW: did you have the dealership replace the side blinkers from yellow to clear? Was that not an option from the factory?

Old 09-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ace78
Very nice, Haku! Congrats! BTW: did you have the dealership replace the side blinkers from yellow to clear? Was that not an option from the factory?
Thanks. Yes dealer replaced the markers to clear. Nope not a factory option.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM
nova996 is infamous around these parts
Well, another of the Marina Ace Posse will get to her new home today! Mine got to the dealer a couple hours ago.

Not my first Porsche, but I'm still about to throw up, I'm so excited.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Billyii is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nova996
Well, another of the Marina Ace Posse will get to her new home today! Mine got to the dealer a couple hours ago.

Thats great, maybe you will get it today. Haku's dealer got his to him in the day the car arrived at the dealership. Drive carefully.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !

Yay! Enjoy the experience Nova. I am so happy for you. I know it's been agonising at times but I bet it's going to be worth it! Hooray!

Old 09-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by ABC991
Dealer just emailed me a picture of the new baby arriving on the truck! It's here, finally. I left it on July 28th in Stuttgart, it's been a brutal wait!
I wonder if ABC got his by now. If so, he's obviously out driving!

Old 09-27-2012, 06:40 PM
ABC991 is infamous around these parts
Haku, I wish I was out driving. My kids desperately want to be there for the delivery... So Saturday at 2 pm after football it is! D'oh. But aim am pleased that they are so into it. I did get to see her again yesterday when I dropped off the clear side marker etc... It was really tough to leave without her.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Well, I just drove 110 miles in my car! One big lap around the county with my family and it is absolutely everything I imagined it would be and then some.

Heavy thunderstorms over here tonight, and the AWD is pretty amazing. This is the first AWD Porsche I've ever had, and they absolutely did it right. All of the traction without even a trace of the annoyances of the Audi system that I'm more familiar with.

I'll post pics this weekend when the storms are over. I hope everyone gets their cars soon!

Best part about it was on the highway sections my wife and son fell asleep just as they used to in the Mercedes S550 we just traded in. So the GTS does not disappoint in family comfort, while still being, without exaggeration, somewhere between my old C2 and my GT3 in fun factor. As every single review has said, this GTS takes the Panamera to levels that sedans have just no right being in.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:11 PM
I am so happy for you and that the car has met your expectations. Congratulations! You've done more miles in it than I have in mine.

Yup the Pana GTS is a terrific car as I mentioned in an earlier post I was stunned at its handling and performance when I drove it around Barber. I loved it.

I look forward to the pictures.
Be well.

Last edited by Haku; 09-27-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Repeat text
Old 09-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Haku
You've done more miles in it than I have in mine.
What are you doing? Aren't you an hour behind in timezone? Get out there and drive.

A cold Porsche is not a happy Porsche. Go drive it.

My son wants me to drive him to school of course tomorrow, and football practice. Then this weekend we have a 250 mile trip planned. At this rate, I may exhaust the warranty by next year.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Nova996,
I love seeing posts like yours and Haku's as it is a constant reminder that there is still the kid in all of us. My wife constantly tells other people that being married to me is like being married to a 10 yr old with deep pockets.

Enjoy in good health!

Darren

Old 09-27-2012, 08:52 PM
What are you doing? Aren't you an hour behind in timezone? Get out there and drive.

A cold Porsche is not a happy Porsche. Go drive it.

My son wants me to drive him to school of course tomorrow, and football practice. Then this weekend we have a 250 mile trip planned. At this rate, I may exhaust the warranty by next year.
Hehehe.... I decided to give my sis-in-law a car detail as their anniversary pressie. So this morning she decides to call it in and drops her car here. I had planned on cleaning my garage, detail the 991 and my VW add to that my brothers car! Well I started early and alive and finished half dead! I also managed to get a short drive in the evening. So I've been in bed whilst you've been galavanting around in your car!

Happy for you mate! Safe travels this weekend. I've got a 50 mile trip planned on Saturday...the dealer has a coffee and meet and asked me to stop by. Then Sunday is cricket! Our university town is getting a team together and I'm in!

Originally Posted by DBYT
Nova996,
I love seeing posts like yours and Haku's as it is a constant reminder that there is still the kid in all of us. My wife constantly tells other people that being married to me is like being married to a 10 yr old with deep pockets.

Enjoy in good health!

Darren
Darren, at least your wife has pegged you with 10 yr olds. Mine is convinced I fall into the kindergarten lot!

We are all so lucky to have our health and to have all that allows us to have our toys.

Thank you for your heartfelt post.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Hehehe.... I decided to give my sis-in-law a car detail as their anniversary pressie. So this morning she decides to call it in and drops her car here. I had planned on cleaning my garage, detail the 991 and my VW add to that my brothers car! Well I started early and alive and finished half dead! I also managed to get a short drive in the evening. So I've been in bed whilst you've been galavanting around in your car!

Happy for you mate! Safe travels this weekend. I've got a 50 mile trip planned on Saturday...the dealer has a coffee and meet and asked me to stop by. Then Sunday is cricket! Our university town is getting a team together and I'm in!

Darren, at least your wife has pegged you with 10 yr olds. Mine is convinced I fall into the kindergarten lot!

We are all so lucky to have our health and to have all that allows us to have our toys.

Thank you for your heartfelt post.
I exaggerated a little...our wives are on the same wavelength...

Old 09-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by DBYT
I exaggerated a little...our wives are on the same wavelength...
Well, this forum needs an area for wives who have the misfortune of living with crazy kids like us. My wife would easily be the top poster there.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:15 PM
See I knew I liked you. Anyone who can make a reference to cricket and use the word "galavanting" in the same post is all right in my book.

Nice thing you did for your sister-in-law there. Enjoy your beautiful new car in great health!

Here is the first sight I had of my car today at the dealership, taken with my phone...

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Marina Ace has sailed...anyone's car on it?