Done: Placed my loaded 4S order TODAY!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
I was wondering about that too. Hopefully they can firm up the build date so car might get here before year end or shortly after.
Hey MDC: my build "finish" date is 12/8! What's yours?

Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fester
Regarding Al trim, I understand SD steering wheel doesn't have Al option for its shiny center rim, I wonder how'd it match with Aluminum trim?
I just left on a business trip, so I can't post any pictures for you, at least not until Thursday. You are correct that the SD Steering Wheel matches the standard trim. IMO it does not clash. I personally find the Aluminum trim to have a much higher quality look, especially with full leather. It is actual aluminum vs. plastic.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhill911
I just left on a business trip, so I can't post any pictures for you, at least not until Thursday. You are correct that the SD Steering Wheel matches the standard trim. IMO it does not clash. I personally find the Aluminum trim to have a much higher quality look, especially with full leather. It is actual aluminum vs. plastic.
I also leave on 2wks overseas biz trip by the time you get back ...but I'll be checking back whenever you're able to
Post pics..safe travels!

Old 10-07-2012, 03:24 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Hey MDC: my build "finish" date is 12/8! What's yours?
I couldn't get any firm 4/s allocation back in Jul/Aug, so decided to go with 2/s. Hope to get the car in hand right after Thanksgiving. I just don't see myself waiting till Jan/Feb.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
I couldn't get any firm 4/s allocation back in Jul/Aug, so decided to go with 2/s. Hope to get the car in hand right after Thanksgiving. I just don't see myself waiting till Jan/Feb.
That's great! Congrats on your order. What're the specs on your 2S?

Old 10-08-2012, 12:06 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
That's great! Congrats on your order. What're the specs on your 2S?
Thanks, looking forward to it. I am sure you are thrill about your 4/S. Mine 2S specs are: Platinum Silver, SportDesign package, Sport Exhaust System, Wheels painted Platinum, Wing mirror painted, Window trim in high gloss aluminum, Designation "911", PDK, Sport Chrono Package, Black full leather interior, Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-ways), Porsche Crest on headrests, Center tunnel rear in leather, Extended leather pkg dashboard, Steering column casing leather, SportDesign steering wheel, ParkAssist (front and rear), Door sill guards in stainless , Sport Chrono and Instrument dials in red. Can't wait!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by mdc
Thanks, looking forward to it. I am sure you are thrill about your 4/S. Mine 2S specs are: Platinum Silver, SportDesign package, Sport Exhaust System, Wheels painted Platinum, Wing mirror painted, Window trim in high gloss aluminum, Designation "911", PDK, Sport Chrono Package, Black full leather interior, Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-ways), Porsche Crest on headrests, Center tunnel rear in leather, Extended leather pkg dashboard, Steering column casing leather, SportDesign steering wheel, ParkAssist (front and rear), Door sill guards in stainless , Sport Chrono and Instrument dials in red. Can't wait!
Just WOW...excellent choices, especially with leather and it'll look very sporty! Can't wait to see it!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Overlake is infamous around these parts
the widebody 991 with the ducktail aerokit is the one to get

Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by Overlake
Wide body is stunning, at least in pictures. Hopefully, someone order it with ducktail so I get to see one in person in the near future. I have not seen a 2s with ducktail in person yet, but I am pretty sure it is going to look good.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Overlake
Well, I contemplated that but IMO it may not look good with red light rear strip... I completely agree that it'd look best with wide body though just not sure with the strip. It'd be great if someone photoshops it

Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 PM
mdc
Well, I contemplated that but IMO it may not look good with red light rear strip... I completely agree that it'd look best with wide body though just not sure with the strip. It'd be great if someone photoshops it
That is one of my concern too, I think it might be too much going on. Btw, if I were going with the 4s(and willing to wait for it), I would skip the duck tail.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
The 991 has such clean, minimalist, and IMO beautiful lines. Those aesthetics are what makes this 911 quite unique. Everything about the design portrays and effectively conveys the "less is more" message. The standard retractable wing is an example of that.

As nice as the ducktail is, I think it disrupts the design (in both 4 & 2 models) and leans more towards showing the wolf in wolf's clothing!

Just my 2p.

Last edited by Haku; 10-08-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by Haku
The 991 has such clean, minimalist, and IMO beautiful lines. Those aesthetics are what makes this 911 quite unique. Everything about the design portrays and effectively conveys the "less is more" message. The standard retractable wing is an example of that.

As nice as the ducktail is, I think it disrupts the design (in both 4 & 2 models) and leans more towards showing the wolf in wolf's clothing!

Just my 2p.
I agree that 911 is beautiful without any add on. My guess is most that select the ducktail option is the next best thing to owning one with it from the 70s. But I might be wrong... For me, this is the best of both world, a modern Porsche that pay a little tribute to the classic vintage design. Beside, the Singer911 is too pricy, those has great interpretation of the classic ducktail as well.

I searched for many pics online before deciding on this option. Visually, it does looks a little odd from certain angle because it is quote big, but it still looks great overall. I think this will be a love it/hate it look.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
I agree that 911 is beautiful without any add on. My guess is most that select the ducktail option is the next best thing to owning one with it from the 70s. But I might be wrong... For me, this is the best of both world, a modern Porsche that pay a little tribute to the classic vintage design. Beside, the Singer911 is too pricy, those has great interpretation of the classic ducktail as well.

I searched for many pics online before deciding on this option. Visually, it does looks a little odd from certain angle because it is quote big, but it still looks great overall. I think this will be a love it/hate it look.
mdc, first of all a big congratulations for optioning a car that will be spectacular!

I entirely understand and agree with you on the ducktail design and its 70's retro look which I do like. It's just that I haven't seen it for real and would be hesitant in ordering it for fear of compromising the clean looks of the 991 as is. On the other hand if it works, it will be the primary feature in achieving that classic and vintage design look.

Choices, choices!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:46 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by Haku
mdc, first of all a big congratulations for optioning a car that will be spectacular!

I entirely understand and agree with you on the ducktail design and its 70's retro look which I do like. It's just that I haven't seen it for real and would be hesitant in ordering it for fear of compromising the clean looks of the 991 as is. On the other hand if it works, it will be the primary feature in achieving that classic and vintage design look.

Choices, choices!
Thanks, lets all hope it work because it is going to sucks big time if it doesn't... I would hate to get a stroke at the dealer when seeing it for the first time, my wife probably just drives it home and leave me there, because she loves it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Done: Placed my loaded 4S order TODAY!!!