TOPCAR 991 Carrera 4/4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 09:11 AM
LPI
LPI is a jewel in the roughLPI is a jewel in the roughLPI is a jewel in the roughLPI is a jewel in the rough
TOPCAR 991 Carrera 4/4s

TOPCAR presents sketches of the latest aerodynamic package for the new version of the Porsche 991 - Carrera 4/4S.
The whole package includes: front and rear bumpers, a bonnet, side skirts, front and rear fender extenders and a spoiler. All items will be produced by vacuum forming from carbon fiber and Kevlar fabric.
The first car will be presented at the Top Marques Monaco Auto Show in April 2013. Also the company plans to create a wide-body version, after the official presentation of the Porsche 991 Turbo.
The cars enhanced engine performance comes from TOPCAR's partner - the famous German company 9ff.
Each car comes equipped with ultra-light forged wheels from ADV.1 Wheels

This package will be available in the US late Spring 2013.

Last edited by bbywu; 10-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Very aggressive, wow! Looks like a super car!

Old 10-01-2012, 10:54 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
No thanks....wheels look good....but the fender extenders are just too much and destroy the beauty of the vehicle...too choppy- too many seams......and I certainly dont think the 4S needs to look any wider than it already is.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM
airwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BrandonH
No thanks....wheels look good....but the fender extenders are just too much and destroy the beauty of the vehicle...too choppy- too many seams......and I certainly dont think the 4S needs to look any wider than it already is.
..basically my opinion too, but .... "De gustibus non est disputandum"

Old 10-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Hahaha I was looking at this last night and although the front shot looks good the rear and side angles revealed that scalloped cut-out... not my favorite design element (I'm being nice ).

That said I do like the overall design (just not the scalloped cut-outs).
Since I've got a black 991 C4S on order I thought I'd do some photo-shop to see if maybe those cut-outs might be less "in your face"...

Here ya go!

Attached Images   

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 10-02-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like it more if the fender add-ons were moulded into the body.
Not the best but not the worst I've seen.
I'll look at it a few more times. Sometimes these things look better the 2nd time you see them. On the other hand, who wants something that has to grow on people.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
I kinda like the look, just not the execution. The fender extensions make it look like a Mazda RX-8 to me.

The front bumper is great, as is the rear. The hood is OK.

Make it all work without the fender extensions and I think it will be a nice package for some.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:41 PM
LPI
LPI is a jewel in the roughLPI is a jewel in the roughLPI is a jewel in the roughLPI is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I cant wait to get our C4S show car done. I think it will be 1000% different and better in person.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Everything looks glued on! Sorry it's a no no for anything that looks so bolted on... Tack central!

Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 PM
LPI
Originally Posted by Haku
Everything looks glued on! Sorry it's a no no for anything that looks so bolted on... Tack central!
I can assure you nothing is " glued on or bolted " The highest level of craftsmanship goes into every car we build. Guarantee once you see the real thing your opinion will be swayed.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LPI
I can assure you nothing is " glued on or bolted " The highest level of craftsmanship goes into every car we build. Guarantee once you see the real thing your opinion will be swayed.
I think what he's saying is that there is a clear definition of where the add-on pieces start and stop, hence they look glued/bolted on... which is effectively what they are, I mean they're not held up by magic right .

The first thing I though was "if I do end up getting these I'll have to have them blended into the body... easier said than done with materials which have a different expansion coefficient..."

You guys do some great work but after looking at this for a bit I've come to the conclusion it's just not refined enough, to "harsh" (check out the corner where the taillight meets your fender flares...).
The overall design just kinda clashes with the sexy yet elegant "liquid metal" look/feel of the 991.

Like I said I've seen Topcar's work before and it's topnotch...I just don't feel it's reflected in this (bold-on) design.
Sorry .

Old 10-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LPI
LP, first off, my apologies for being somewhat brusque, blunt and a tad harsh.

I am sure it will look different in real life and in no way was my post a reflection on the quality of your work. It was merely my opinion on design and aesthetics.

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I think what he's saying is that there is a clear definition of where the add-on pieces start and stop, hence they look glued/bolted on... which is effectively what they are, I mean they're not held up by magic right .

The first thing I though was "if I do end up getting these I'll have to have them blended into the body... easier said than done with materials which have a different expansion coefficient..."

You guys do some great work but after looking at this for a bit I've come to the conclusion it's just not refined enough, to "harsh" (check out the corner where the taillight meets your fender flares...).
The overall design just kinda clashes with the sexy yet elegant "liquid metal" look/feel of the 991.

Like I said I've seen Topcar's work before and it's topnotch...I just don't feel it's reflected in this (bold-on) design.
Sorry .
+1

Sid has stated it very well and in addition to that I also feel that the TC changes appear to be so drastic and Batmobile...ish that it almost entirely takes away the essence of the 911's design and shape. Most who own a Carrera do so because of those lines.

Last edited by Haku; 10-02-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
First reaction is "wow". Sideview is impressive.
However, I have to agree that on closer look it does seem out of place and does not conform to the original very well. Parts look "stuck on" and do not follow the base form. Maybe it is just a bit too much.
Still, a nice attempt and I'm sure it will have some fans.

Rainier

Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Stock looks better. Sorry.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting if you are trying to make the 911 look like it came from Japan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TOPCAR 991 Carrera 4/4s