2-tone Interior Luxor Beige and Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:17 AM
Nine XI is infamous around these partsNine XI is infamous around these parts
2-tone Interior Luxor Beige and Black

For anyone interested in this option I was told by the Porsche Customer Consultations that it will be added to the configurator in November. This will make it much easier to order a Beige interior and get the black dash to avoid the glare issues.

Of course this now pushes my order into November which means I probably will not have my new car until February, maybe, March - ouch!

I suppose the longer I wait the more I will appreciate it when it gets here...

Old 10-02-2012, 03:35 AM
Sidney1 has a spectacular aura aboutSidney1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nine XI
For anyone interested in this option I was told by the Porsche Customer Consultations that it will be added to the configurator in November. This will make it much easier to order a Beige interior and get the black dash to avoid the glare issues.

Of course this now pushes my order into November which means I probably will not have my new car until February, maybe, March - ouch!

I suppose the longer I wait the more I will appreciate it when it gets here...

... you can order now ... to get a delivery in February ... and change your order in November ... changes should be possible until December for your delivery date .....

Cheers
Gregor

Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs up To Dash or not to Dash, that is the Question...

I Great info! Thanks for finding that out. I am wondering if there will be any TSB or similar for those who have already purchased without Black Dash...

Last edited by See U n Rear View; 10-02-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Sidney1
... you can order now ... to get a delivery in February ... and change your order in November ... changes should be possible until December for your delivery date .....

Cheers
Gregor
For some reason the Dealer didn't want to do this - it is pretty complicated to get all of the parts right...

Old 10-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Sidney1 has a spectacular aura aboutSidney1 has a spectacular aura about
For some reason the Dealer didn't want to do this - it is pretty complicated to get all of the parts right...
... change the dealer ... that´s easy

Old 10-02-2012, 03:14 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
I Great info! Thanks for finding that out. I am wondering if there will be any TSB or similar for those who have already purchased without Black Dash...
I would guess not since Porsche views this as a color/cosmetic option. But maybe you can bring this up as a safety concern.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
I would tend to agree with this,....and if you want it done really right you have to order more leather items then typically necessary on a bi-color interior to make it all flow,....and that is more $$$

If you really want a properly done bi-color interior wait if all possible for Porsche to offer it. It will look totally correct and cost less.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 PM
You are exactly right on the cost. The estimate was $5,000 to hand spec all the different parts in the enhanced configurator that the dealers use. This is compared to maybe $1,000 for a 2-tone leather interior. More money for other options...