*New Recall*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
[/quote]
Originally Posted by Haku
Now now!... Lets not get too comfy remember that the 7 speed manual is new and who knows what could happen with that.
Especially when you use launch control. Someone told me on that you just put the RPMs at 7000, then drop the clutch. Is that the way it works?

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 10-03-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ

Especially when you use launch control. Someone told me on that you just put the RPMs at 7000, then drop the clutch. Is that the way it works?

ChuckJ

Hehehe. Exactly.

Last edited by Haku; 10-03-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Zmoney is infamous around these parts
Hahahahaha. Sorry Haku. Oops.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zmoney
Hahahahaha. Sorry Haku. Oops.
No worries at all Z.

But here's something I know we would all like. Since both boxes are actually pdk transmissions why not have the 7speed manual gears (where the gears should be) and the pdk paddles on the wheels (where they are mostly used). Both could be swithable with activation of the manual happening automatically upon the foot clutch being depressed. All this would take some getting used to from the drivers perspective but we could really have the best of oth worlds! Thus spoke a non-engineer!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Haku
No worries at all Z.

But here's something I know we would all like. Since both boxes are actually pdk transmissions why not have the 7speed manual gears (where the gears should be) and the pdk paddles on the wheels (where they are mostly used). Both could be swithable with activation of the manual happening automatically upon the foot clutch being depressed. All this would take some getting used to from the drivers perspective but we could really have the best of oth worlds! !
If I understand you correctly you mean have a PDK and an MT together and be able to choose between them? If so, that's an interesting thought. But like you say "Thus spoke a non-engineer". Non-engineer here too

Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 AM
hepmonk is infamous around these partshepmonk is infamous around these parts
Agree with Haku and Woodster and I've fantasized about the same myself. It would be wonderful to combine a real manual with the PDK. There is begging to be a "D" below the "7" on the shifter :-).

Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Woodster
If I understand you correctly you mean have a PDK and an MT together and be able to choose between them? If so, that's an interesting thought. But like you say "Thus spoke a non-engineer". Non-engineer here too
Exactly!

I'd sign up for it in a second! Porsche...are you listening?

Now that in a GT3...hmmmm I know I've thought no more GT3 for me but....!

Last edited by Haku; 10-04-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Nuke986 has a spectacular aura aboutNuke986 has a spectacular aura about
Just added it to my list. Sometime next month (end of driving season) my car will go to the dealer and have all these thing looked at. Until then I'm still enjoying the ride.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
redirect....

Originally Posted by miamiadjuster
Just dropped my car off at the dealer for some rattling in the headliner.
My car went in for the headliner. There was rubbing noise, like a bad window seal coming from where the B pillar meets the roof on both sides. The tech disassembled the roof liner and put it back with new clips. Problem solved!

However, there was another noise issue - the sunroof on full open makes noise over bumps. Close it a 1/2 inch - noise goes away. The problem is in the stops designed to hold the roof at full open. Anyone else have this issue?

DRP
(also on the recall - the 7 speed manual is a variation of the PDK not a separate design - so they share much of the same components.)

Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
My C2S landed to me in march, no recall at all. No cluch\PDK issues.

I do use Launch Control, (Quite Often), and Sport Plus.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.