View Poll Results: Have you had Protective Film applied to your 991?
Yes I have and would recommend it
59.57%
Yes but I would not recommend it
0%
Not yet but will be getting it soon
14.89%
No and I don't intend to install it
25.53%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Protective Flim installed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I always kinda looked at it as "covering your furniture in plastic"...
I have the same feelings, it takes me back to my grandma's living room.
Can't convince myself to do it,...yet.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by galion
I have the same feelings, it takes me back to my grandma's living room.
Can't convince myself to do it,...yet.
Hehehehehe don't tell me we've got the same Grandma!!
Ohhh dude that made laugh!!!
Next thing you'll tell me you used to get hot milk with a disgusting film/skin on it.... brrrrr gives me shivers just thinking about it lol.

Kinda makes ya wonder what our grand-kids will say about us.

OK sorry for getting of topic Haku!

Old 10-05-2012, 12:41 AM
jdsc is infamous around these parts
Zero911, would you mind sharing the information as to who you use that you have had good luck with? Appreciate it.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Fellas your opinions are really useful and my thanks for that.

Whilst the majority points to getting the film I am intrigued by Rocket_Boy's comments. I'm also affected by the "Grandma's living room syndrome" that Psycho Sid mentions. There does however remain one overiding factor and that is my maniacal obsession to keep my vehicles in pristine condition. A ding or chip drives me nuts and until Rocket explains chip repair I'm not sure which way I may go...but am leaning toward getting it.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Haku
Fellas your opinions are really useful and my thanks for that.

Whilst the majority points to getting the film I am intrigued by Rocket_Boy's comments. I'm also affected by the "Grandma's living room syndrome" that Psycho Sid mentions. There does however remain one overiding factor and that is my maniacal obsession to keep my vehicles in pristine condition. A ding or chip drives me nuts and until Rocket explains chip repair I'm not sure which way I may go...but am leaning toward getting it.
Get it. I have it for 6 years on my bimmer and 8 years on lexus SUV...won't even think about not getting it in any of my cars. Highly recommended!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jdsc
Zero911, would you mind sharing the information as to who you use that you have had good luck with? Appreciate it.
In the bay area the Xpel installers in SF and Fremont are supposed to be real good. I have not used them though but I plan to use one of them when I get my car...you can check it out here http://xpel.com/products/dealersearch.asp

Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Well, I think I'm sort of convinced to get it. Its going to be full hood, bumper, fenders, and mirrors. I've decided to use Paint Protection of Nashville who seemed to be the most knowledgeable installer I talked to. They recommended Xpel or Clear Shield and quoted $1300 for the install of either. I aim to get it done in the next few days.

Anyone have opinions on either product or installer?

Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zero911
You definitely should. And it's become much cheaper these days since many shops have gotten into it. I've seen front bumper/full hood/front fenders/mirrors for less than $800 whereas it used to be above $1500. Should research the shops as some are junk and do a poor job. But the top shops have come down a lot because of the cheaper shops and a lot of people seem to not mind crappy quality knowing they'll pull it off and replace in a few years. I've had my cars done by folks who've worked at Premier for much less than what Premier charges with the same high end quality.
Out of curiosity, who might this be? Reason we ask this publicly is because ALL of our technicians have been with us for 10+ years, so if there is someone claiming they have worked for Premier, this would be false.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
I saw the protective film on the Vehicles at the Porsche World Road Show. It was hard to tell the difference with or without it. Although, they only did half the hood :-)

How does it work in those car wash machines?

Old 10-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by frank69m
I saw the protective film on the Vehicles at the Porsche World Road Show. It was hard to tell the difference with or without it. Although, they only did half the hood :-)

How does it work in those car wash machines?
car wash machines??? You are kidding right?

I've NEVER put my cars thought those scratch machines.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Zero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Premier Films
Out of curiosity, who might this be? Reason we ask this publicly is because ALL of our technicians have been with us for 10+ years, so if there is someone claiming they have worked for Premier, this would be false.
Hmm, if this is true then I may have been misled. The quality I saw on his cars and that I received on mine was just as good as friends that got theirs done at Premier so I did not question it. I am curious now and will find out.

Please don't take my comment as a knock on Premier in anyway. I have seen your quality and it is top notch. My comment was mainly to point out that prices are coming down and there are others who have excellent quality as well so researching is definitely worth it.

Of course false claims are not cool, obviously I did not research enough.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 AM
A question to Premier. Unfortunately you don't have a location in central or eastern TN otherwise you'd have had my business

What's your experience with either Xpel or ClearShield and which would you recommend? The installer I aim to use in Nashville does either of them.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zero911
Hmm, if this is true then I may have been misled. The quality I saw on his cars and that I received on mine was just as good as friends that got theirs done at Premier so I did not question it. I am curious now and will find out.

Please don't take my comment as a knock on Premier in anyway. I have seen your quality and it is top notch. My comment was mainly to point out that prices are coming down and there are others who have excellent quality as well so researching is definitely worth it.

Of course false claims are not cool, obviously I did not research enough.
No offense taken. We have heard of some outlandish claims over the years..especially over the internet, so it is absolutely necessary for us to clarify any misinformation out there.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Haku
A question to Premier. Unfortunately you don't have a location in central or eastern TN otherwise you'd have had my business

What's your experience with either Xpel or ClearShield and which would you recommend? The installer I aim to use in Nashville does either of them.
I know you meant this for premiere, but i will add that i am very happy with the xpel ultimate, i can't tell its there unless i really look for it and its very easy to keep clean and waxed.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by braindoc1
I know you meant this for premiere, but i will add that i am very happy with the xpel ultimate, i can't tell its there unless i really look for it and its very easy to keep clean and waxed.
Your input very useful and is much appreciated BD, as is of all the others who have responded.

I do hope my installer is on the ball and knows what he's doing always the weak link huh?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protective Flim installed?