Recalls and "campaigns" list here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 05:19 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Recalls and "campaigns" list here

I have an early build 991s delivered in early February 2102. The car has been problem free. I don't have a local dealer where I live.
#1 In April I made the 200 mile round trip to have the fuel line spacer recall performed.
#2 I just received a letter from PNA about a "campaign" regarding the AC refrigerant lines.
So I call the dealer to schedule a return trip and they list the following additional "campaigns" that are outstanding on my car:
#3 Something to do with body seals
#4 PDK transmission update
#5 Front end electrics
#6 Electric overdrive valves?
All of the above will require two days to resolve.
I'm not complaining realizing I've purchased an early variant of a new model. I'm simply asking if others have had similar " campaigns" and what if any knowledge they have about what was actually needed to resolve the issues.

Maybe we can list all current and any future campaigns in one thread to keep us all updated. I understand there may also be a campaign regarding the sunroof and headliner.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
I have a car built in March and my dealer is saying the only open campaign for my VIN is #6 for the PDK valves. Is anyone else being told this?

Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
I was told about #6 today. Apparently a 5 hour job.
In addition there are also some software updates.
I vote that we make this thread a "Campaigns" sticky.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:56 AM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NSD991
I have an early build 991s delivered in early February 2102. The car has been problem free. I don't have a local dealer where I live.
#1 In April I made the 200 mile round trip to have the fuel line spacer recall performed.
#2 I just received a letter from PNA about a "campaign" regarding the AC refrigerant lines.
So I call the dealer to schedule a return trip and they list the following additional "campaigns" that are outstanding on my car:
#5 Front end electrics
I'm not complaining realizing I've purchased an early variant of a new model. I'm simply asking if others have had similar " campaigns" and what if any knowledge they have about what was actually needed to resolve the issues.

Maybe we can list all current and any future campaigns in one thread to keep us all updated. I understand there may also be a campaign regarding the sunroof and headliner.
Thanks! What was your vehicle build date please?

Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 AM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
I have an expected delivery in November and am having my dealer check if there are any recalls or updates on it once he has the VIN. Also asked about that PCM update rumor going around.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 AM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by VikingMariner
Thanks! What was your vehicle build date please?
Not sure. Mid January 2012 is my best guess. Best part is I had the pleasure of paying msrp

Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NSD991
#5 Front end electrics

Strange, but I have an May build PDK base model and I've checked with two dealers and none of them apply to mine. I'm not sure how that's possible; but I'm glad.

ChuckJ

Old 10-12-2012, 03:55 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Strange, but I have an May build PDK base model and I've checked with two dealers and none of them apply to mine. I'm not sure how that's possible; but I'm glad.

ChuckJ
Same here. April. 991s. No problems. No recalls and no technical service bulletins. Interesting.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:27 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VikingMariner
Same here. April. 991s. No problems. No recalls and no technical service bulletins. Interesting.
Maybe the paperwork hasn't caught up for ours. I'll consider myself out of the woods if Christmas arrives and I haven't seen any recall notifications.

ChuckJ

Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Zmoney is infamous around these parts
Just had a new set of rear P-zero's mounted at the stealership yesterday. When they told me about the campaign for my 991S - Replace Electric change over valves.
My car was built in March with a build completion date of March 9. I only remember because it is my birthday.
I am dropping it off next week, was told they need to keep it for an entire day.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Zmoney
Just had a new set of rear P-zero's mounted at the stealership yesterday. When they told me about the campaign for my 991S - Replace Electric change over valves.
My car was built in March with a build completion date of March 9. I only remember because it is my birthday.
I am dropping it off next week, was told they need to keep it for an entire day.
Z,
How many miles did you get from your first set of P zero's? Any track days?

Old 10-13-2012, 08:32 PM
MOM3NTM is a jewel in the roughMOM3NTM is a jewel in the roughMOM3NTM is a jewel in the rough
what are "electric change over valves"?

is this related to the engine or PDK transmission?

Old 10-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
Don't rely on what a Dealer tells you about open campaigns on your car. Call PCNA and talk to a Customer Service Person and ask them what campaigns are open on your vehicle. Then take that info and call your Dealer to schedule them.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:57 PM
NSD991 - I replaced the rears at 8800 miles. I didn't measure the tread, however I could feel the lack of traction and grip over the last 300 miles. I read about a poor man's tire test -- go quickly off the line and see if the rear of the car starts to veer one direction or the other. I did that a few times (at 47mph in 2nd gear) I'd lose the back end.
With the new tires on I can absolutely feel the difference. Great tires.

MOM3NTM - No clue what the hell it means. I scheduled the fix for a day where the forecast has a 80% chance of rain. Hope I get a nice loaner. I'm guessing it won't be a manual transmission vehicle but I hope something fun to abuse for the day.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:58 PM
NSD991 - Forgot. No track days in my car. Just a lot of fun spirited driving after work and on weekends.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recalls and "campaigns" list here