When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhill911
+1 . . . I also have to add (I think about parking way too much when I'm out) . . . If you are going to park in a corner spot without the bonus section ZMoney speaks of, try to choose a spot where the other vehicles passenger door is next to you. You at least have a chance there won't be a passenger to open a door next to your car. Others may have thought of this, but if not, don't share it. We don't need everyone taking our spots. . . . 6Speeders ONLY
I also do this exactly

Old 10-13-2012, 04:08 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
I feel for you. I think you handled the situation incredibly well. I am sure your car will be back to its pristine state soon. The other fellow is the same as his car.... a piece of crap!

Old 10-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Airportrat has a spectacular aura aboutAirportrat has a spectacular aura about
I have learned living in a big city to park in the outfield and choose spots wisely. I spend sp much on metered parking its silly but stops the dings. I get laughed at but I hardly get door dings. You have much more patience then me, I have no problem in those cases keying the car next to you. Unfortunately with the new keys, I can't use the car key.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:33 AM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Hmmm, I drive a Prius. Not really. I'd rather walk while drinking battery acid than drive a Prius (know that from airport rentals). That guy was a a@@ clown. Beautiful color 991 too. What a shame. You know how certain vehicles attract a@@ clown drivers, like when you see a Mini-Cooper coming behind you, you know to get out of the way because some childish reckless sh#t is about to happen (sorry mini owners, talking about a general trend not the whole lot of yah)? I've been noticing that the dick factor on Prius owners has been rising this year.

Last edited by VikingMariner; 10-13-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
I'd be in death row...

I would have gotten a tire iron out and beat the living crap out of his car and waited for him and would have made the 10 o'clock news for a brutal beating......typical fairy, earth hugging Prius driving moron, probably did this on purpose. If you hadn't come out, he would have for sure never said anything to you and left your car with damage and never thought twice about it, een probably laugh and think it was funny. Too mAny people in this world have zero respect for others stuff and how hard you worked to pay for this car; and just seems like here in Texas the Prius crowd tends to always be people who somehow think their obsession with climate change gives them a moral superiority. Sorry guys, don't mean to vent, but have had this same thing happen on previous cars and is so irritating.

BTW, that's a great looking car, love the black wheels!!!!

Originally Posted by Electrico
OK, a few things:

1] I am a longtime lurker, and this is my first post. This place is AWESOME, and I thank you in advance for keeping me out of jail tonight.

2] Just traded in a 2009 Base Cayman (LOVED that car) for a 2012 991 S. Modded the emblems, as you can see. Otherwise, she's factory ...

3] I don't REALLY hate Prius' ... (much).

OK, so I guess the pictures (sorry, iPhone jobbers) say it all. Got to work super early. Found one of the coveted-by-me end spots where you can park waaaay over from the only car next to you on the last legal space so nobody dings your door.

Behold:

I'll bet some of you can guess what happened already, but suffice it to say that I came outside to go to lunch to find that one of my colleagues, yes that's right, a co-worker, did this:

As you can imagine, I was overcome with ebullient collegiality. As I approached, (thinking all the while, there is no WAY he tried to get out on my side of his car, he couldn't, he didn't, he wouldn't), my heart was warmed and gladdened to see this evidence of his clear propensity for careful entries and exits from his beautiful and pristine vehicle:

He then came down, and being as I was SO collegial when I asked him to verify that he had gotten out on the passenger side, right?, right?, RIGHT?, he proceeded to explain how he tried and tried, but wasn't able to get out on the drivers side ("just couldn't get through") and finally had to get out on the passenger's side. So there. Sharp as a scalpel, this one.

The damage was minimal, I suppose, but it IS my first ding (ya feel me?), and more than anything I was just struck by how inconsiderate some people can be. The security guard was drawn to my collegiality in reaction to my coworker () and verified that I was in the last legal parking space, and he was illegally parked (and a bonehead, to boot, for blocking access to the parking garage). Then, all of a sudden, it was "how do you know it was me ( I have PICTURES!)," "can we NOT call insurance and let me pay you directly (when the security guard told him he was required by law to provide it to me)."

In the end, I walked up to him, told him I was going to get it polished and buffed out, that he could keep his money, and that "I'd never do this to you, man."

The security guard walked away shaking his head, and I drove away with my first ding and the beginning of a headache. I know it's very minor damage, and thank God for that. Truth is, it didn't strike me until later that if I hadn't come down for lunch, ol' Wile E. might have fawked it up big time had the ge-nee-us tried to get IN the car on the driver's side, his MENSA material clearly being in evidence at thinking he could have EXITED his vehicle on the driver's side to begin with.

It ain't a lie: Some people just suck, and stupid doesn't account for it.

Thanks, 6SOL, for saving me some bail money. Instead, tonight I'm going to take Malibu Canyon to the beach, take PCH to Decker Canyon, and take Decker Canyon home.

Prius? HA!

Old 10-13-2012, 07:19 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Had a very similar thing happen to me when we lived in Hong Kong years ago. Most drivers in Hong Kong are retarded and inconsiderate drivers. I digress but I parked in a spot that gave me plenty of space on both sides but when I came back, a minivan had parked so close to me that I could not get in the car from the drivers side. I snapped like Michael Douglas in Falling Down...

The minivan needed panel beating on every panel....

Last edited by DBYT; 10-13-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:08 AM
G997 is infamous around these parts
****** bag....
And stupid

Old 10-13-2012, 08:48 AM
HATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of light
Lol. I would've beat the **** out of him, lost my job, spent the night in jail and felt completely redeemed after it all.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 AM
hot nikon is infamous around these parts
Prius drivers think that they are doing the world a favor by just being...

My B.P. goes up about 10 points every time I see a Prius jockey dragging his azz , going 70 in the fast (Ha!) lane. 3-5 lanes to choose from, Ace Toyota is on cruise control AND WILL NOT BUDGE FROM THE FAST LANE. My head just exploded thinking about it.

Passed Prius Boy on the turnpike the other day. Lounging in the left lane, doing all of 68 m.p.h., I guess it was his private lane. I acknowledged his moral and ethical superiority with the traditional one finger wave. Fast forward 12 miles to rest area, I'm walking back to my car, here comes Prius boy, parks next to me.

Gets out, starts the rude driver speech. Safety this, fuel efficiency that. Quickly explained that:
1- My 911 gets close to 30 mpg at 55 mph.

2- Safety means more than showboating in the left lane.

3- This pizzed off driver would just love to stomp his Prius driving azz a new mud hole.

He got back into his car until I left. I usually don't engage the usual f&$k wits, but some people go through life, never having been corrected. I was just doing a fellow motorist a favor.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:40 AM
lawman800 has a spectacular aura aboutlawman800 has a spectacular aura about
The Prius/Hybrid crowd does their private highway patrol gig out here quite often, getting in the fast lane and going 65mph or better, having a few lined up and cruising at the same speed, blocking others from progressing in life.

I don't know if they coordinate it or is it just like something they all commonly believe and abide by, but they see each other and start forming rolling roadblocks or something.

The only good thing is that since I drive a big Dodge Ram most of the time, my headlights shine right into their stupid big round cabins if I am behind them. Go ahead, I am giving you all the light you need to read your stupid efficiency gauge.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:42 AM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
What a ****** fool. Clearly displays no respect for others' property. These types of people dont deserve a drivers license.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 AM
khabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to behold
I'm terribly sorry to hear this and I completely feel you. Some people's stupidity is baffling beyond words; kind of a bummer that we're all the same species, eh?

I just found my first ding on my Cayenne. I scour parking lots for places to keep my car away from potential ding situations [people in Kuwait are reckless, but many are downright malicious when a nicer car is parked next to them - which is ironic since many people here drive nice cars anyway!] and my car has been free of impacts since delivery in July... until this past week. Some JACK*** took a key or coin and decided to put a nice little dimple in the right passenger door directly below the window where the door curves up and out towards the bottom of the car. Being the OCD mess that I am, I can see the dimple in my right side mirror when light streaks across the side of the car. I got it checked out and my mechanic told me that whatever it is, it was someone's intentional act, too small to fix and I'd be better off just learning to live with it.

Needless to say, I'm pissed as Hell. I never go around looking to damage someone else's property, so why would someone be petty/mean/stupid enough to do this to someone else?

khabah

Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 PM
strato58 is infamous around these parts
That guy is just a fool and has no respect for others property...i hope you dont sit with him for lunch.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:17 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
I haven't read all the comments so i don't know if this was pointed out but that is a Honda not a Prius ...

Meanwhile I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone would think it is ok to park a car so close to someone else's and then try to get out to top it off.

We've all experienced it ... it happened to me about 16 years ago and they left a HUGE ding in my door.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Dangerois is infamous around these partsDangerois is infamous around these parts
I feel like you can't park anywhere anymore. I've parked in the outfield and gotten keyed (2011 Cayenne). I've parked normally and gotten dinged (again 2011 Cayenne). I too keep an eye out for minivans, but also SUVs and American made two door cars (for some reason they have the longest doors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight