When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 04:35 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by af330i
I haven't read all the comments so i don't know if this was pointed out but that is a Honda not a Prius ...

Meanwhile I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone would think it is ok to park a car so close to someone else's and then try to get out to top it off.

We've all experienced it ... it happened to me about 16 years ago and they left a HUGE ding in my door.
Correct thats a ~2005 Honda Insight. Fugly car BTW.
Unbeliavable attitude from this looser!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 04:49 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
wow op you must have though you were being punked or something. that guy is a motherporker.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Buddilly is infamous around these parts
a$$hole

Old 10-13-2012, 07:38 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Thank God it was on your door handle and not a dent in the door. I would have the handle replaced and make him pay for it, simply on the principle of the matter. If he says no, a trip to small claims court is in order. There seems to be a lack of respect for other people's property going on in this country right now, and that has to stop.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Davo67 is infamous around these parts
What a Jackass !!

OP as others have mentioned I don't know how you kept so calm.

I remember having people actually spit into and throw half eaten food into my previous 3.2 cab when it was parked up for even a short time with the roof down.
We have a lot of idiots here who have the belief that if it isn't an aussie made Holden or Ford V8 it isn't a "Real" car.

F@#*in retards.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:10 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
the unbelievable part of this whole story to me is that this guy was a CO-WORKER of yours. he knew you would find out who he was and if he had half a brain he knew that you would know he did this out of spite. make him pay for it out of principle. people like this need to understand that they can't just f--k with people with no consequences, ever. what's he going to do to the next guy?

Old 10-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
I would definitely go after this guy, you have the pictures to prove what he did.

Being nice to nice people is cool, but not to *ssholes like him! They need to suffer the consequences of their actions. It's vandalism pure and simple, make him pay for it.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:42 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Is that a Prius? I thought it was a Honda Insight.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Zmoney is infamous around these parts
Electrico, what color is that? I love it

Old 10-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Electrico has a spectacular aura aboutElectrico has a spectacular aura aboutElectrico has a spectacular aura about
Hi Guys:

Hey, I gotta say you guys are the best. For a while there I felt like I was the only kook on the planet who would be so sketched at this situation. I'm happy and reassured that I'm not some auto-nutcase, or that if I am, that I'm in good company. So thanks!

Yep, I guess it wasn't a Prius, but a Honda Insight. That's the kinda thing that will bite you in the a$$ on cross-examination, huh? Whatever. I'm not going to knock it. If it floats his boat, more power to him. Ain't my thang though.

One thing I was freaking amazed at was what the edge of this guy's door looked like. Who does THAT? As was said before, definitely some prior dings there. If there's one thing that made me second-guess my decision to take the high road, it's that he may not be done with that door edge of his yet. After thinking about it and really looking at the pictures, I gotta say that what bothered me the most was that anyone who's been driving for a week knows you can't park 12 inches from another car and not damage it if you try to get out that side! To do that to someone who is OBVIOUSLY, by the way I parked, trying to avoid that very thing on a new Porsche! What a dick!

As I said, some people just suck, and stupid doesn't account for it. I have the pictures and the security guard's statement if I decide to change my mind, but I won't. Fawk him.

Thanks for the kudos on the car. It's a 2012 991 S coupe in Anthracite Brown with 20-inch Carrera wheels painted black. Wasn't sure about the color, but it was one of the very few 7MT (which I had to have) that I could find. Went to look at it on the showroom floor, and was pretty much floored. Loved the way the black rims looked on the brown! Drove it, and it was a done deal. Had driven a few other 991s, but this was "The One." You all know what I mean!

Couldn't love all the chromed emblem lettering on the rear as it came OEM, so I figured I'd mod the emblems in black with the red S, to go with the black rims with red calipers, and black seats with Guard red seatbelts. All of it accenting the Anthracite. Now, I love it. Had Bane install a full front Clearbra too. Learned my lesson on that with my black 2009 Cayman!

Next I think I'm going to Cerakote the exhaust tips black, to complete the blackened out stealth look. I miiiiiight install spacers and lower it, still deciding ...

I'm gonna clean it up and post some good pics very soon.

I'm in L.A.. If you see me, holler. I'd love to meet any 6SOL members. Maybe we can flood my parking lot with 991s and wait for ******** to come out for lunch. Ha!

Last edited by Electrico; 10-14-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-14-2012, 12:40 AM
lawman800 has a spectacular aura aboutlawman800 has a spectacular aura about
I'm in L.A. as well and I've taken to not really driving my car out too much if I know I won't have a handle on the parking situation. I go to cafes and such where I sit outside and can keep an eye on my car and to other places that have controlled parking where it's not full of riffraff that will bang everything up with their POS mobiles that they don't care about.

Seen more than enough in my time here to know that people who care about other people's property are very rare... heck, most people don't even really care about their own property by the looks of how junked out some people's cars are.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:10 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
The vision (in my head) of him just driving in that spot, and then pushing and pressing and thrusting KNOWING that door was pressing up against your car and scratching it would have been too much for me to bear.

You should have done something!!! He clearly does it on the regular basis based on the finish on his door. Should have gotten his insurance. Now he won't think twice about banging his door against somebody else's car.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:58 AM
lawman800 has a spectacular aura aboutlawman800 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The vision (in my head) of him just driving in that spot, and then pushing and pressing and thrusting KNOWING that door was pressing up against your car and scratching it would have been too much for me to bear.

You should have done something!!! He clearly does it on the regular basis based on the finish on his door. Should have gotten his insurance. Now he won't think twice about banging his door against somebody else's car.
I wonder if everyone got on the bandwagon and reported these ******bags to their insurance for every little ding, even if it was a little tiny ding, that their insurance premiums would just keep rising and eventually they can't afford it or they will get dropped... then maybe we can keep them off the road since they can't drive anymore without insurance. If they end up taking the bus, they can't ding cars anymore... but they might just end up keying cars with their house keys out of spite at that point.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:17 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Electrico
It's a 2012 991 S coupe in Anthracite Brown with 20-inch Carrera wheels painted black. Wasn't sure about the color, but it was one of the very few 7MT (which I had to have) that I could find. Went to look at it on the showroom floor, and was pretty much floored. Loved the way the black rims looked on the brown! Drove it, and it was a done deal. Had driven a few other 991s, but this was "The One."
We share Anthracite Brown 7 spd manuals love your car man and sorry for what happened. I've come to understand that while yes, some people are real jerks, a lot don't even realize what they do. Could be he is just really unaware and out there doing this randomly. Not worth jail to set him straight.. Rest assured someone else will sooner or later. Peace bro

Old 10-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
I praise your self-control but he should pay for the damage. There is no way this was not a malicious act the guy did it out of spite and envy. I pay a fortune every month to have a reserved parking spot (not many in manhattan) where no car can park next to me. Only a couple of motorcycles can park next to my spot so I'm thinking my car should be fine. But no, I regularly find cigarette buts and ashes on the rear roof/window area probably left by one of the bikers who thinks its ok to put his cigarettes out on my car. So whatever you do there always will be some asses who will get out of their way to be nuisances.

Last edited by Norman75; 10-14-2012 at 06:13 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight