When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 09:18 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Unfortunately their are usually inconsiderate w$nkers like that wherever you go.

The one and only time I didn't follow my own rules of single parking spot only I picked up a small ding at the rear of the drivers door. Like I said, inconsiderate w$nkers everywhere.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:29 AM
lawman800 has a spectacular aura aboutlawman800 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Norman75
I praise your self-control but he should pay for the damage. There is no way this was not a malicious act the guy did it out of spite and envy. I pay a fortune every month to have a reserved parking spot (not many in manhattan) where no car can park next to me. Only a couple of motorcycles can park next to my spot so I'm thinking my car should be fine. But no, I regularly find cigarette buts and ashes on the rear roof/window area probably left by one of the bikers who thinks its ok to put his cigarettes out on my car. So whatever you do there always will be some asses who will get out of their way to be nuisances.
You gotta be kidding... putting out cigs on your car? That's worthy of some broken bones, minimum. I would say that is beyond nuisance, that is straight out vandalism, malicious at that.

My buddy parked his Lotus Exige S at a public lot in a trendy area with a lot of shops and restaurants and high dollar entertainment... and someone decides to empty a whole cup of sweetened milk tea all over his car, taking extra care to put it in the vents and down the exhaust and everywhere else that goes inside the car... not just splashed on the hood.

I had someone throw a whole ice cream cone on my Boxster a long time ago and thankfully I found it fast before it fully melted and solidified and saved the paint from a lot of damage. There are just people out there that can't stand other people having nice stuff.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:30 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lawman800
I wonder if everyone got on the bandwagon and reported these ******bags to their insurance for every little ding, even if it was a little tiny ding, that their insurance premiums would just keep rising and eventually they can't afford it or they will get dropped... then maybe we can keep them off the road since they can't drive anymore without insurance. If they end up taking the bus, they can't ding cars anymore... but they might just end up keying cars with their house keys out of spite at that point.
You have to think, most of the time, that guy has parked and ding someone's door, drove off and they never saw it, or didn't have enough evidence to get him. This is about as much prove as you can have, with a witness, and a semi-confession. This guy is a serial car damager and clearly lacks respect for other people property.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:58 PM
StPatsDay is infamous around these partsStPatsDay is infamous around these parts
Passive-Aggressive Prius Drivers

Saw a Prius the other day proudly wearing a bumper sticker:
"I Love ObamaCare!"

These people know exactly what they are doing when they drive 63 mph in the fast lane, believe me.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:15 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
I understand the OP's concern, but... notice that the OP is the one who was parked over the slot line to its right, leaving a huge buffer on his left side which on top was protected by a construction cone... That is enough in certain areas to engender parking lot anger, not condoned by me, of course, but that is what happens. It's best to park correctly and do not stand out in a negative way.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:23 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Ah yeah. Just trying to stir the pot I guess. Not buying it.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
The right side spot is clearly not for parking so whether the OP was over the line is irrelevant to me because it's not like he was intruding on another parking spot. The Honda's owner is scum that's all.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:29 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Norman75
I praise your self-control but he should pay for the damage. There is no way this was not a malicious act the guy did it out of spite and envy. I pay a fortune every month to have a reserved parking spot (not many in manhattan) where no car can park next to me. Only a couple of motorcycles can park next to my spot so I'm thinking my car should be fine. But no, I regularly find cigarette buts and ashes on the rear roof/window area probably left by one of the bikers who thinks its ok to put his cigarettes out on my car. So whatever you do there always will be some asses who will get out of their way to be nuisances.
if they are really doing that, that biker should come out to find his bike dropped on its side and possibly dragged a few feet for good measure

Originally Posted by adias
I understand the OP's concern, but... notice that the OP is the one who was parked over the slot line to its right, leaving a huge buffer on his left side which on top was protected by a construction cone... That is enough in certain areas to engender parking lot anger, not condoned by me, of course, but that is what happens. It's best to park correctly and do not stand out in a negative way.

but that is not a parking spot on the right. the Insight had no right to park there in the first place, regardless of how the Porsche is parked

Old 10-14-2012, 02:36 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
all the passive-aggressive stuff to get back at the other guy simply moves up the conflict level to a more dangerous point. there is no end to it. Either punch the guy in the face and go to jail with a battery (not a great choice) or take focused, determined legal action.

Or let it go. You have to ask, what is the level of upset that you want in your life? What is worth your serenity? Not much is worth mine, that's all. I like my calm seas. Life is awesome and this is little first world stuff, even though it sucks in the moment.

Last edited by nicoli; 10-14-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:41 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Anyone have insurance? Seems like what all of us would do instead of using gats. Just sayin. Save the killing for Taliban hunting.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:45 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
I take it back. I had not noticed the scratch on the handle. Bummer!

I think though that even if the spot to the right is not considered 'legal' it does not seem to me marked as such and people park when they need to park. So erring on the side of caution I think best never park in a way that stands out.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Even if someone is parked like a ******, it does not give anyone license to be a ****** in return, or worse, becoming a vandal and damage his property.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:50 PM
aatlas is infamous around these parts
this is why i park as far away from people as possible.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by aatlas
this is why i park as far away from people as possible.
They will find you. You can park in an empty lot away from everything and you will come back and someone will park next to you when there are tons of empty spaces all around.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
BTW it's a honda insight, sorry OCD kicked in.

But that is really inconsiderate of your co-worker.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight