When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Well, if you see a rare speeding Prius owner doing 80+ mph (flowing with traffic of course) then wave, its me. I park all my cars far away, I want my plug in to look nice 4 years from now nevermind the Turbo. You had no contorl here, the guy used terrible judgment and illegally parked which sucks. You handled it better than I would have.

The condition of his door edge is alarming, hes probably dinged many a door.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:07 AM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gmoney
Well, if you see a rare speeding Prius owner doing 80+ mph (flowing with traffic of course) then wave, its me. I park all my cars far away, I want my plug in to look nice 4 years from now nevermind the Turbo. You had no contorl here, the guy used terrible judgment and illegally parked which sucks. You handled it better than I would have.

The condition of his door edge is alarming, hes probably dinged many a door.
I hail this Prius driver.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
That is one thin Prius driver!!! Next time you might take that cone and move it to the right side so the Prius driver isn't confused about the fact it wasn't a parking place.

ChuckJ

Old 10-15-2012, 12:16 PM
lawman800 has a spectacular aura aboutlawman800 has a spectacular aura about
I think I have only seen one or two Prius drivers going above the speed limit on the freeway in my whole life.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lawman800
I think I have only seen one or two Prius drivers going above the speed limit on the freeway in my whole life.
That's because Prius' feel like utter crap much above the speed limit. My daughter's 2007 Prius is a tin can with imprecise steering, floating suspension and poor resistance to cross winds. And the ABS braking system is horrible - far too sensitive in the rain. The only place I care to drive it is in NYC, where the floating suspension tends to save you from the horrible conditions of the roads. To the guy who drives his Prius at 80+MPH - you got guts.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 PM
PRUVEIT is infamous around these parts
Well... parking at one of my favorite museums going on the first date with my now girlfriend I parked next to a very large truck probably a foot plus lift. My passenger door to his driver door. Several hours later we come out and - what do I see - my passenger side window caved in. Really! Looks like the guy opened his door so hard that it hit my window and caved it in. No note, no nothing. Everything was still in the car including the radar detector and two bags of Christmas gifts. Oh well was all I could say, trying to stay calm. It worked and impressed my date that I could be so calm. I figured that there was nothing that I could do, so no need to cry over spilled milk. A call to the insurance company and $2k+ in repairs - glass in every motor and wiring harness in the door, the car looked no worse for wear.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:22 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
who put that orange cone on the left side?

Old 10-16-2012, 06:04 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
This is my wife’s solution to people who park to close. I do not condone it but understand her frustration. And envy her ability to not give a $hit sometimes.

One night she took the family car to work instead of her car. She parks in the physician parking lot at a local hospital. She had an absolutely hideous shift in the ER. Walked out to her car around 7am to find someone parked so close and crooked that she had to climb in the passenger side. She decided to leave them a present. The downside is that it did significant damage to our car as well.

Word of warning. You park too close you just might get someone who is willing to pay to show you that you’re an a$$hole.

Attached Images  
Old 10-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Two orange cones would fit in the trunk would they not ?
Gives me some ideas.
Hmmmm.....

Rainier

Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by Rainier
Two orange cones would fit in the trunk would they not ?
Gives me some ideas.
Hmmmm.....

Rainier
Wouldn't matter much if the guy is intent on doing something stupid. I've seen too many cars parked over cones or dragging cones down the street.

Besides, some people will just steal the cones to make their own private spots.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 998M
This is my wife’s solution to people who park to close. I do not condone it but understand her frustration. And envy her ability to not give a $hit sometimes.

One night she took the family car to work instead of her car. She parks in the physician parking lot at a local hospital. She had an absolutely hideous shift in the ER. Walked out to her car around 7am to find someone parked so close and crooked that she had to climb in the passenger side. She decided to leave them a present. The downside is that it did significant damage to our car as well.

Word of warning. You park too close you just might get someone who is willing to pay to show you that you’re an a$$hole.
My hat's off to your ER Wife (last place on earth I would want to work). If I were you I would gladly buy her a long breaker-bar to carry in the trunk, good for removing lug nuts and for paying her respects to the next Idiot in the Hospital Parking Garage, without damaging her own car.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
80+ feels like 140, thats for sure.

Originally Posted by Alan
That's because Prius' feel like utter crap much above the speed limit. My daughter's 2007 Prius is a tin can with imprecise steering, floating suspension and poor resistance to cross winds. And the ABS braking system is horrible - far too sensitive in the rain. The only place I care to drive it is in NYC, where the floating suspension tends to save you from the horrible conditions of the roads. To the guy who drives his Prius at 80+MPH - you got guts.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Zmoney is infamous around these parts
Good idea rainier --- where to get some orange cones?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Zmoney
Good idea rainier --- where to get some orange cones?
I have seen them at Home Depot. You can find them on line too, Amazon has them.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Woodster
I have seen them at Home Depot. You can find them on line too, Amazon has them.
Lots of places sell orange traffic cones and you can even find the collapsible/reflective ones which make it a lot easier to carry inside a sports car with limited space.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight