When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:42 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
In the same category along with jerks like this that park too close are the people that for some reason feel the need to race you and/or always go faster than you. I can't count the number of times I'm driving on the highway and come up behind somebody doing a much slower speed and they speed up as soon as I come up behind them including going up to very high speeds. I'll admit to cruising on the highway at 90+ when it's pretty open and want to get where I'm going, and they'll increase their speeds to match. Or the people who refuse to move right to let you pass, then speed up to block you as soon as you move right to go around them. Or the Smart car driver who just had to race the guy in the Porsche today in heavy traffic on local roads and thought me taking off pretty slowly (for a 600 HP car) from every light was an invitation to race.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:13 AM
lawman800 has a spectacular aura aboutlawman800 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
In the same category along with jerks like this that park too close are the people that for some reason feel the need to race you and/or always go faster than you. I can't count the number of times I'm driving on the highway and come up behind somebody doing a much slower speed and they speed up as soon as I come up behind them including going up to very high speeds. I'll admit to cruising on the highway at 90+ when it's pretty open and want to get where I'm going, and they'll increase their speeds to match. Or the people who refuse to move right to let you pass, then speed up to block you as soon as you move right to go around them. Or the Smart car driver who just had to race the guy in the Porsche today in heavy traffic on local roads and thought me taking off pretty slowly (for a 600 HP car) from every light was an invitation to race.
I live this every day in my long commute to work... but the best was the guy who flew up on my right in the POS brown American sedan from the 80's, and proceeded to cut me off and then straddle both lanes on a two lane so I can't get around him.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:20 AM
White991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
Really?...I thought this only happen at where I live. Looks like God is fair, he makes sure that such jerks exists at every corner of the world.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 AM
White991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Electrico
Hi Guys:

Hey, I gotta say you guys are the best. For a while there I felt like I was the only kook on the planet who would be so sketched at this situation. I'm happy and reassured that I'm not some auto-nutcase, or that if I am, that I'm in good company. So thanks!

Yep, I guess it wasn't a Prius, but a Honda Insight. That's the kinda thing that will bite you in the a$$ on cross-examination, huh? Whatever. I'm not going to knock it. If it floats his boat, more power to him. Ain't my thang though.

One thing I was freaking amazed at was what the edge of this guy's door looked like. Who does THAT? As was said before, definitely some prior dings there. If there's one thing that made me second-guess my decision to take the high road, it's that he may not be done with that door edge of his yet. After thinking about it and really looking at the pictures, I gotta say that what bothered me the most was that anyone who's been driving for a week knows you can't park 12 inches from another car and not damage it if you try to get out that side! To do that to someone who is OBVIOUSLY, by the way I parked, trying to avoid that very thing on a new Porsche! What a dick!

As I said, some people just suck, and stupid doesn't account for it. I have the pictures and the security guard's statement if I decide to change my mind, but I won't. Fawk him.

Thanks for the kudos on the car. It's a 2012 991 S coupe in Anthracite Brown with 20-inch Carrera wheels painted black. Wasn't sure about the color, but it was one of the very few 7MT (which I had to have) that I could find. Went to look at it on the showroom floor, and was pretty much floored. Loved the way the black rims looked on the brown! Drove it, and it was a done deal. Had driven a few other 991s, but this was "The One." You all know what I mean!

Couldn't love all the chromed emblem lettering on the rear as it came OEM, so I figured I'd mod the emblems in black with the red S, to go with the black rims with red calipers, and black seats with Guard red seatbelts. All of it accenting the Anthracite. Now, I love it. Had Bane install a full front Clearbra too. Learned my lesson on that with my black 2009 Cayman!

Next I think I'm going to Cerakote the exhaust tips black, to complete the blackened out stealth look. I miiiiiight install spacers and lower it, still deciding ...

I'm gonna clean it up and post some good pics very soon.

I'm in L.A.. If you see me, holler. I'd love to meet any 6SOL members. Maybe we can flood my parking lot with 991s and wait for ******** to come out for lunch. Ha!
Bravo that you kept your cool. I bet if you had made a big deal out of it, everyone will be thinking "What the F? It's just a car", Of course to us cars fanatics, it is likely tearing our hearts out! My car had a scratched similar to yours on the door too and my car wasn't even registered yet!?!? Damn idiots!

Old 10-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
How the hell did so many people think that is a Toyota Prius? lol

Old 10-17-2012, 05:15 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz
How the hell did so many people think that is a Toyota Prius? lol
Because all **** boxes look like a Prius and vice versa...

Old 10-17-2012, 05:20 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Got this pic from a very funny Rennlist thread called, "The Official ******bag Prius Thread" This has got to be my fav vanity plate!

Attached Images  
Old 10-18-2012, 12:38 AM
I forgot the name of the forum for Prius drivers, but they have a "KILL" thread where they post stories about how they outdrag other cars because the Prius has a theoretical torque advantage off the line in that maximum torque in electric motors is available immediately without having to spin up like a conventional motor.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I wonder if hybrid car such as Prius is good for the environment? There's been a long ongoing debate about the ills of making nickel metal hydrite batteries used in the car. And the mpg of hybrids is always overstated using test where the car goes not more than 55mph and accelerate to this speed in like forever!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by White991
I wonder if hybrid car such as Prius is good for the environment? There's been a long ongoing debate about the ills of making nickel metal hydrite batteries used in the car. And the mpg of hybrids is always overstated using test where the car goes not more than 55mph and accelerate to this speed in like forever!
Many "green" things actually turn out no better and possibly worse for the environment/society than what they intend to replace. That's my general statement on the subject, can't comment on the Prius and it's ilk.

I did however borrow one for a day 2 years ago because I was thinking of buying one for the work commute. What a disappointment, everything about driving that thing felt remote and slow to react, everything. Just an awful car.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Hybrid is overhyped just like organic. Long time ago, organic was started as a counterculture to large agricultural farm. People growed their fruits and vegetables organically in their backyard. But today, with huge agricultural corporation riding on the organic bandwagon, organic produced are being transported in far fetch corners of the world, eliminating every possible energy cost reduction that was gained growing it organically.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:14 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
I think anyone who drives an electric car is basically a moron. Compare a Prius to a similarly priced Jetta TDI and you will understand what I'm saying. There's a sucker born every minute.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:40 PM
The BMW 335d is an awesome car and it has more torque than the M3. Torque is what moves the car.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:17 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lawman800
The BMW 335d is an awesome car and it has more torque than the M3. Torque is what moves the car.
In a straight line perhaps

Old 10-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by ae911
In a straight line perhaps
Yep, I guess the feeling of the car pulling out of a turn is all due to the magical gremlins and hamsters running on the wheels inside the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight