When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:48 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
glad we are in agreement...

Old 10-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Although I am not a fan of a Prius or Insight, I think this thread is getting pretty ridiculous that we are bashing the car! IT WAS THE IDIOT behind the wheel, and many of those could have been in a Porsche, Lexus, Mercedes etc... Trust me, I have seen it... Why blame the car? its the drivers fault no matter what he was driving.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:39 PM
lawman800 has a spectacular aura aboutlawman800 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ae911
glad we are in agreement...
Your car is powered by magical gremlins and hamsters running on wheels?

Old 10-20-2012, 03:45 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
I'm rarely surprised by what people do, but that was truly amazing...sounds like you handled it much better than I would have.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Thankfully he wasn't driving this ;-)

Attached Images  

Last edited by Norman75; 10-20-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:01 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Went out with the just the wife last night and had an opportunity to take the GT2, but then considered where we were going and parking it....decided against it. Will always try not to park in a crowded mall or big parking structure. Thats what prevents me from getting an Italia 458, where would I want to park it.

Which leads to my first experience of people hating.

Had my first porsche, a 2009 C2S with dealer plates still on it. Was parked in a underground parking structure, came back and it was keyed to hell on both sides. Was more upset about someone having so much envy to want to do this, then the actual car damage. It is no where near my biggest fear, as it is just a material object that can be replaced. My family on the other hand would be my biggest fear if harm came to them.
Car got fixed, no problem. But when going to trade it in to the dealer I go 5k less because they could not CPO it with the paint work it had
done.

So as much as I want to own certain cars like ferrari or bentley, I am hesitant due to people reacting in this way. But will probably still do it, as I have not prospered in life by worrying about what other think.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Went out with the just the wife last night and had an opportunity to take the GT2, but then considered where we were going and parking it....decided against it. Will always try not to park in a crowded mall or big parking structure. Thats what prevents me from getting an Italia 458, where would I want to park it.

Which leads to my first experience of people hating.

Had my first porsche, a 2009 C2S with dealer plates still on it. Was parked in a underground parking structure, came back and it was keyed to hell on both sides. Was more upset about someone having so much envy to want to do this, then the actual car damage. It is no where near my biggest fear, as it is just a material object that can be replaced. My family on the other hand would be my biggest fear if harm came to them.
Car got fixed, no problem. But when going to trade it in to the dealer I go 5k less because they could not CPO it with the paint work it had
done.

So as much as I want to own certain cars like ferrari or bentley, I am hesitant due to people reacting in this way. But will probably still do it, as I have not prospered in life by worrying about what other think.
Yep, learned that at a young age when I was a little kid and my mom's new Mercedes SL got keyed to crap because of haters.

Growing up, you hear it from other kids in high school and college about messing up someone's car because of envy or being mad at someone for no reason other than not liking the way they look.

All my friends have had horror stories about that type of vandalism.

Still, the only difference is that I get what I want, but depending on where I am going and what the parking is like, I take my daily driver.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Who's is the IDIOT that left me a bad rep for my perfectly normal non offensive post above? I am dying to know, please come out of hiding..

Old 10-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz
Who's is the IDIOT that left me a bad rep for my perfectly normal non offensive post above? I am dying to know, please come out of hiding..
Welcome to the club. I'll give you some reps to help boost you up. Guess that's how it goes around here.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:20 AM
vpr80 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lawman800
Yep, learned that at a young age when I was a little kid and my mom's new Mercedes SL got keyed to crap because of haters.
Ha....got one better for you.....my wife's ML350 was keyed! I mean give me a break, what kind of moron keys an ML, I mean really!!!

Sorry to hear about your incident, but no way in hell would I walk away. If it was a coworker, I too would try my best to keep my cool, but he would be buying me a new door handle.

Don't sweat it, it's just a scratch, but he has to live his whole life in misery because it sucks and he knows it and you enjoy yours. The damage to his car is very telling of the kind of person he is.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by vpr80
Ha....got one better for you.....my wife's ML350 was keyed! I mean give me a break, what kind of moron keys an ML, I mean really!!!
Same morons that go around keying random cars that you see with scratches... like the POS Accord, Camry, Minivan, etc., all with key scratches. Wonder what kind of hate they caused for someone to do that to a POS.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Karma - some guy keyed my daughter's Prius last night (80K miles and pretty well dented). One of you disgruntled Porsche owners? (j/k, don't neg. rep. me!)

Old 10-23-2012, 11:06 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz
Although I am not a fan of a Prius or Insight, I think this thread is getting pretty ridiculous that we are bashing the car! IT WAS THE IDIOT behind the wheel, and many of those could have been in a Porsche, Lexus, Mercedes etc... Trust me, I have seen it... Why blame the car? its the drivers fault no matter what he was driving.
Interesting...

The Prius owner probably went home and shared a completely different story, about how some ******bag Porsche owner thinks that he is better than me and my Prius, by parking in a very poor and disrespectful manner over the line, so I parked properly in the space provided, just so happened it was too close, so I opened my door right into him.

If he just parked normally like everybody else, I wouldn't have 'had' to teach him a lesson in manners.

Two sides to every story.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:28 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Interesting...

The Prius owner probably went home and shared a completely different story, about how some ******bag Porsche owner thinks that he is better than me and my Prius, by parking in a very poor and disrespectful manner over the line, so I parked properly in the space provided, just so happened it was too close, so I opened my door right into him.

If he just parked normally like everybody else, I wouldn't have 'had' to teach him a lesson in manners.

Two sides to every story.

Parked properly? You clearly haven't even looked at the pictures, or did not read what actually happened.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
I drive my 911 Turbo to work and even though it is an older 996 Turbo it had not one door ding. We have a huge parking lot and I always park very far away and never had an issue.

One day the entire workplace had to report to another building for a town-hall meeting. I had no choice but to park in between 2 cars. I thought to myself, "It is one time, what could happen?". I came out to find my passenger door had 2 dings in it and the mirror had a 1.5" scrape for a car door. 3 dings in one day. I hate people who do not respect other people’s property. I was able to buff it to 98% but bow was I pissed. I learnt my lesson.

Anyway I was reading your story and was just shaking my head. I don't even know the guy who owns the Prius but I know I dont like him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight