When No Matter How You Park ... or Why I HATE Honda Insight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 12:22 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy

Parked properly? You clearly haven't even looked at the pictures, or did not read what actually happened.
Please go back and read my post.

Only this time, apply common sense.

I said that there was another story being told. Whether or not it is true is irrelevant. There are always two sides to every story.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:50 AM
lawman800 has a spectacular aura aboutlawman800 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Alan
Karma - some guy keyed my daughter's Prius last night (80K miles and pretty well dented). One of you disgruntled Porsche owners? (j/k, don't neg. rep. me!)
On the way home from work today, saw a new Prius dead on the side of the road... the owner was a granola eating looking type, and he was getting no help... in rush hour traffic.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:55 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Please go back and read my post.

Only this time, apply common sense.

I said that there was another story being told. Whether or not it is true is irrelevant. There are always two sides to every story.
Apply common sense to no sense? At least post something that makes sense.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:46 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Apply common sense to no sense? At least post something that makes sense.
I'll try this again, for some who need the assistance...

The PRIUS OWNER (guy who drove the Prius) probably went home (where he/she lives), and showed people pictures (photographic images) of a Porsche parked over a parking line.

He/she (maybe it's both, it's a Prius, I don't judge) may have explained to his/her friends that they felt the Porsche owner has a false sense of superiority, when the truly superior should own ULEV's (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicles) or zero-emissions cars to protect the Earth and all of Allah's creatures (can't use God, that might offend some).

Something, yada, yada, - you see what I'm getting at? Always another side.

There was an interesting thread on another forum I participate in, describing appropriate parking techniques. The issue I have learned in my few days as a driver, is that some people (for whatever internal motivational reasons) interpret a manner of parking to be offensive, and feel the need to 'teach' the owner a lesson... whether it be taking up two spots, parking diagonally, or something as simple as parking in the middle of nowhere.

What some feel is appropriate and non-intrusive (parking out by yourself), others see (and often judge) as a superiority complex (being too good to park by 'normal' folk). I cannot say whether it is right or wrong, simply that it exists.

I would never damage somebody else's property, intentionally. But I'm not the person you need to worry about when taking up two spaces, or in this instance - the last marked spot, parked at the very edge. Because somebody may interpret that last line and building being the very last spot, and the Porsche owner was being inconsiderate (I have supporting evidence for this, posted at the beginning - not that the Porsche owner was, in fact, being inconsiderate, just that the Prius owner may have believed it, and that's all that matters).

Old 10-24-2012, 08:14 AM
lawman800 has a spectacular aura aboutlawman800 has a spectacular aura about
There was an interesting thread on another forum I participate in, describing appropriate parking techniques. The issue I have learned in my few days as a driver, is that some people (for whatever internal motivational reasons) interpret a manner of parking to be offensive, and feel the need to 'teach' the owner a lesson... whether it be taking up two spots, parking diagonally, or something as simple as parking in the middle of nowhere.
Which forum? I hope you set them straight... or at least tried to inject some common sense into them. People that think like that must be some of the most miserable people in the world.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:50 AM
mtbscott is infamous around these partsmtbscott is infamous around these parts

The PRIUS OWNER (guy who drove the Prius) probably went home (where he/she lives), and showed people pictures (photographic images) of a Porsche parked over a parking line.

He/she (maybe it's both, it's a Prius, I don't judge) may have explained to his/her friends that they felt the Porsche owner has a false sense of superiority, when the truly superior should own ULEV's (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicles) or zero-emissions cars to protect the Earth and all of Allah's creatures (can't use God, that might offend some).

What some feel is appropriate and non-intrusive (parking out by yourself), others see (and often judge) as a superiority complex (being too good to park by 'normal' folk). I cannot say whether it is right or wrong, simply that it exists.

I would never damage somebody else's property, intentionally. But I'm not the person you need to worry about when taking up two spaces, or in this instance - the last marked spot, parked at the very edge. Because somebody may interpret that last line and building being the very last spot, and the Porsche owner was being inconsiderate (I have supporting evidence for this, posted at the beginning - not that the Porsche owner was, in fact, being inconsiderate, just that the Prius owner may have believed it, and that's all that matters).
Thank you. When I first read this thread I was amazed to notice it took until page 4 before someone mentioned the OP being parked over the line (and with an orange cone thrown out.) While I in no way condone the Insight owner "making his own space" and then dinging the OP's door handle, I also totally understand the mindset that jaspergtr is trying to explain.
The best way to park safely is to find the widest spot you can find, find a "50/50" one side spot if possible, between other nicer cars, etc. Anything you do to bring attention to yourself like parking over a line, taking up two spots, "making your own space in a corner," etc is raising the probability that someone will be pissed off at you. I am always careful where I park, but I never make myself stand out, and I can count on one hand the number of doordings I've had in the over 30 cars I've owned.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts

It was a Honda Insight!!!! hahaha sorry, just had to throw that back in!

Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz
It was a Honda Insight!!!! hahaha sorry, just had to throw that back in!

lol! Thanks! They are all the same useless crap to me... Insight makes it even worse.