% off MSRP Reality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Fan26 is infamous around these parts
fair discount

I think 7% for MY2103 new build is fair for both the buyer and dealer.

I am sure all P car owners and fellow members here are some sort of business owners or exec in a company, we don't want to have a dead beat customer who squeezes every penny of our margin either, so in return, we should respect the people who we buy products and services from, they also need to make some fair profit too, so we all happily survive in this world and keep the economy going healthy

Old 11-27-2012, 06:45 PM
6sol4me is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fan26
I think 7% for MY2103 new build is fair for both the buyer and dealer.

I am sure all P car owners and fellow members here are some sort of business owners or exec in a company, we don't want to have a dead beat customer who squeezes every penny of our margin either, so in return, we should respect the people who we buy products and services from, they also need to make some fair profit too, so we all happily survive in this world and keep the economy going healthy
I'm planning to order a MY2013 for European Delivery next week and looking for a dealer in the Bay Area. I'm thinking ~7% discount - $3K (what Porsche charges the dealer for ED) seems a very reasonable deal for both myself as well as the dealer. My first interaction with a sales person was the "we don't discount, it's MSRP" crap... so I'm looking for anyone had a good experience/deal on a European Delivery with a dealer in the Bay Area (basically all the way from San Francisco to Monterey works for me). Also, can somebody validate my thinking about a discount...

Also does anyone has some pointers on how to find a dealer.. should I visit them? Email? This will be my first Porsche and with my previous cars (BMW/Mercedes) I always emailed various dealers to find a deal (since it's ED they don't need to have the car on the lot and it's just paperwork for them..)

Old 11-27-2012, 07:17 PM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
7%-8% is a good discount on a 2013 build. average is 5-6%. on a 2012 leftover on lot expect 10% this is written in stone

Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 PM
mtbscott is infamous around these partsmtbscott is infamous around these parts
I'd say 7% off MSRP is doable but asking for an additional $3K is not likely on a new build. Why would you expect a deler to just "eat" the cost of Euro delivery? Or am I misinterpreting you?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by mtbscott
I'd say 7% off MSRP is doable but asking for an additional $3K is not likely on a new build. Why would you expect a deler to just "eat" the cost of Euro delivery? Or am I misinterpreting you?
minus the $3K, so basically I pay for ED and end up with a 4-5% discount from MSRP.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 PM
BillC is infamous around these parts
After 9 months waiting for pts color approval, I decided to buy a leftover 2012 to hold me over- or keep if I like. Car had 340 miles of which I personally had driven over 100.

Performance oriented car, sticker was $120,420 and I paid $104,000 plus market for 2009 c2s which was also a leftover buy.Slightly better deals out there on higher optioned cars but I refused the assisted steering option.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 PM
BillC is infamous around these parts
To clarify, meant they gave me market value for the trade

Old 11-28-2012, 07:33 AM
mtbscott is infamous around these partsmtbscott is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 6sol4me
minus the $3K, so basically I pay for ED and end up with a 4-5% discount from MSRP.
That should be easily doable. If one dealer balks move on to the next one. We've got three Porsche dealers in town and two of them are owned by the same group, yet they definitely will compete with each other.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by mtbscott
That should be easily doable. If one dealer balks move on to the next one. We've got three Porsche dealers in town and two of them are owned by the same group, yet they definitely will compete with each other.
So I visited Porsche of Fremont and basically reached an agreeable deal within 15 minutes. this is how car buying is suppose to be! The sales advisor I'm dealing with is Viraj Kumar, in case anyone else is looking for a smooth buying experience :-)

Anyway, my order is in and I'm planning to do European Delivery in April. Will post the specs in a different thread.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:03 AM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Car to share the details of your deal? PM or otherwise?

So I visited Porsche of Fremont and basically reached an agreeable deal within 15 minutes. this is how car buying is suppose to be! The sales advisor I'm dealing with is Viraj Kumar, in case anyone else is looking for a smooth buying experience :-)

Anyway, my order is in and I'm planning to do European Delivery in April. Will post the specs in a different thread.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:34 AM
tahoe_joe has a spectacular aura abouttahoe_joe has a spectacular aura about

6sol4me,
I just tried to PM you to get some specifics on your deal. I'm a fellow Bay Area enthusiast and in the early stages of my research on what will likely be a C2S or C4S European Delivery. However i don't have the minimum 15 posts to PM you. Can you PM me? sorry for the hassle.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 PM
2cardinalalums is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tahoe_joe
6sol4me,
I just tried to PM you to get some specifics on your deal. I'm a fellow Bay Area enthusiast and in the early stages of my research on what will likely be a C2S or C4S European Delivery. However i don't have the minimum 15 posts to PM you. Can you PM me? sorry for the hassle.

Same here, can't PM due to low post count.

6sol4me, could you PM me? Thx

Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 PM
neeko877 is infamous around these parts
6sol4me, could you PM me too please? I'm a new member here and i'm in San Francisco. I'd love to know where to get a discount in the bay area for my 991 purchase... Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Old 12-08-2012, 09:41 PM
human is infamous around these parts
Hi 6sol4me, could you PM me as well. I am also currently in the market to buy a 911S this month. Thanks very much. I really appreciate it!

Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 AM
human is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the PM, 6sol4me! Looking forward to order my 991S this month :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: % off MSRP Reality