% off MSRP Reality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 PM
eg9
eg9 is infamous around these parts
% off MSRP Reality

What would be an appropriate and reality based % amount off MSRP one should negotiate for the following:

1) New Build 991 4S or 4

2) New Build 991 S or non S

3) On the lot '12 991S or non S

Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
newbie911 is infamous around these partsnewbie911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eg9
What would be an appropriate and reality based % amount off MSRP one should negotiate for the following:

1) New Build 991 4S or 4

2) New Build 991 S or non S

3) On the lot '12 991S or non S
For new build it seems good discounts are in 7-9% range. Check discount posts here and on rennlist. No way I would take less than 10 to 12 % on 2012's if prices on 2013 are being discounted in 7-9% range.

You might need to shop outside your local area to get best price.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Grandmaster is infamous around these parts
I got 7% on my 2013, which was $8,000 but the price is a little higher here, you should get more, in the 8-10% range maybe

Old 10-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Lebreeze is infamous around these partsLebreeze is infamous around these parts
What kind of discounts are people expecting to see in Canada????

Old 10-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Grandmaster is infamous around these parts
I think their prices are close to ours, about $170,000, $200,000 fully loaded

Old 10-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
My 2013 C4S cab (in Montreal) is costing me $157K with taxes comes to $180K.
It's a pretty light build no full leather, no PDCC etc. just PDK. SC. PSE etc.

I pit 2 dealers against one another and the best I came away with was 3.5% discount...
When I hear people getting 7 to 10% I'm skeptical... granted discounts range wildly by geographic location (especially in Europe and South America) but in Canada I think the most you're realistically going to see is 5% max on a new 991 (not on new models releases like C4S though).

Old 10-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Lebreeze is infamous around these partsLebreeze is infamous around these parts
Thanks Sid good to know. I'm just starting to get the ball rolling on my build. It will be my first porshe. Hopefully have a 991 for spring. Can't wait

Old 10-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lebreeze
Thanks Sid good to know. I'm just starting to get the ball rolling on my build. It will be my first porshe. Hopefully have a 991 for spring. Can't wait
Exciting stuff!
Welcome to the brotherhood.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:23 PM
eg9
eg9 is infamous around these parts
Might sound like a strange question but I'll go ahead and ask. Can some of you who get great good discounts possibly give me some info on how your conversation goes when negotiating for %off msrp... Not sure on the best steps for starting that conversation.... Just jump in or is there a better protocol. Sorry.. newbie at this.. Do well with private party used but not sure in the Porsche world with dealers..

Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 PM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
IN THE MID-LANTIC REGION DEALERS ARE OFFERING ANYWHERE FROM 5% TO 8% ON NEW BUILD TO ORDER 2013 C4/C4S.

i WAS LUCKY GETTING 8% OFF MSRP ON A NEW BUILD TO ORDER C4 CAB 2013 DUE FOR FEBRUARY DELIVERY.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:30 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
5% is a reasonable discount to expect on a new 2013 build. If you find a left over 2012 that you like you may be able to get as much as 10%, if the dealer is getting something back from PCNA for moving a left over 2012.

In the USA if you expect to get 8-10% on a 2013 build you are looking for a dealer that will not stay in business. There is only 10% in the cars to start with.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:47 AM
newbie911 is infamous around these partsnewbie911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 19hole
5% is a reasonable discount to expect on a new 2013 build. If you find a left over 2012 that you like you may be able to get as much as 10%, if the dealer is getting something back from PCNA for moving a left over 2012.

In the USA if you expect to get 8-10% on a 2013 build you are looking for a dealer that will not stay in business. There is only 10% in the cars to start with.

Dealers make 60% of there profit on service and parts, and another 20% or so p used cars. Selling new cars at low margins will not cause a dealer to go out of business. Very common for dealers to make 1 to 2 percent on new car sales

Old 10-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by eg9
Might sound like a strange question but I'll go ahead and ask. Can some of you who get great good discounts possibly give me some info on how your conversation goes when negotiating for %off msrp... Not sure on the best steps for starting that conversation.... Just jump in or is there a better protocol. Sorry.. newbie at this.. Do well with private party used but not sure in the Porsche world with dealers..
Build your car online. Determine the msrp and what you want to pay. Take build and offer to dealer. If they don't like your deal, try another dealer. You might have to go outside of your local area to get the best deal.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by newbie911
Dealers make 60% of there profit on service and parts, and another 20% or so p used cars. Selling new cars at low margins will not cause a dealer to go out of business. Very common for dealers to make 1 to 2 percent on new car sales

I've seen you get hammered for stating these "facts" previously.
Didn't want to get involved however since you keep repeating it, let me respectfull add my 2 cents.

Yours is a typical newbie perception... (and although you are correct) it primarily applies to manufactures whom have higher volumes.
I get at least 7% to 12% off my Benz's (brand new models) but Porsche does NOT have their type of volume so even though P. has THE highest profit margin per unit (in the entire industry) they do less than 10% of Benz's volume...
Now add to this that Porsche AG has announced that they will be reducing their production numbers for next year...

So when a dealer knows he'll have a 100 (991) allocations that year that's more or less the number he's going to base his service and parts revenue on and since he won't be increasing this number (unless he gets a few 991's from outside purchases) he'll try to get the most out of the sales side of it.

Should it be necessary to discount so they only make 1% on sales than they will wait 'till it becomes "left over stock".
As long as there are waiting lists, relatively low supply and more customers than cars... those HUGE discounts are far and few between.

Bottom line, Porsche... like Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Lambo etc. are not know as cars that you can get a deal on... especially brand new!
This (plus higher price point) is what keeps them exclusive and desirable when sold used (for a fraction of the new $$).

We'll see what happens now that Volkswagen has officially taken over but I don't think "Porsche" will ever be a synonym for "discount".

Old 10-17-2012, 07:45 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 19hole

This is correct!

Originally Posted by newbie911
Only common for Porsche's when they have left over model years on the lot with new model years incoming. Otherwise 3 to 7% depending on the model, your purchase history, and whether they do large volumes.
Checked with largest volume dealer in west coast and they were doing 3 to 5% on 2012 991S 6 months ago.

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I've seen you get hammered for stating these "facts" previously.
Didn't want to get involved however since you keep repeating it, let me respectfull add my 2 cents.

Yours is a typical newbie perception... (and although you are correct) it primarily applies to manufactures whom have higher volumes.
I get at least 7% to 12% off my Benz's (brand new models) but Porsche does NOT have their type of volume so even though P. has THE highest profit margin per unit (in the entire industry) they do less than 10% of Benz's volume...
Now add to this that Porsche AG has announced that they will be reducing their production numbers for next year...

So when a dealer knows he'll have a 100 (991) allocations that year that's more or less the number he's going to base his service and parts revenue on and since he won't be increasing this number (unless he gets a few 991's from outside purchases) he'll try to get the most out of the sales side of it.

Should it be necessary to discount so they only make 1% on sales than they will wait 'till it becomes "left over stock".
As long as there are waiting lists, relatively low supply and more customers than cars... those HUGE discounts are far and few between.

Bottom line, Porsche... like Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Lambo etc. are not know as cars that you can get a deal on... especially brand new!
This (plus higher price point) is what keeps them exclusive and desirable when sold used (for a fraction of the new $$).

We'll see what happens now that Volkswagen has officially taken over but I don't think "Porsche" will ever be a synonym for "discount".
Well said!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: % off MSRP Reality