Help! .. PDCC in Carrera 4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:22 PM
saint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by fbroen
The debate will rage on about PDCC, but I think the answer to one of your concerns is clear -- that it does indeed increase comfort when the car is not pushed (that is, with relaxed stiffness of the sway bar drop links).
Spot on .. in essence the relaxed sway bar position in straight line mode as Psycho said "stops the transfer of bumps and rebound going from one side to the other"

Originally Posted by fbroen
I have a C2S with SPASM and PDCC and the ride is really good, much better than my 997.1 with non-sport suspension.
Thats music to me ears .. cheers !

Old 10-20-2012, 06:32 PM
saint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
No not superficial at all.
I wouldn't go with 19's either... most whom take S-PASM will opt to take PDCC as well precisely because the PDCC helps to negate the slightly stiffer ride of the SPASM.

Personally I think you'll be fine if you go with both, the 991 is arguably the "smoothest" most "comfortable" sports car out there right now.

I'm sure you're going to love it!
Thanx Psycho.. since ur getting C4S too im sure we will both enjoy them .. just cant wait.. the dealer said its gonna take 4 months for mine to arrive .. i hope not longer !

which colour and rims did u go for ?.. and when will urs arrive?

Last edited by saint.666; 10-20-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: grammer correction
Old 10-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by saint.666
Thanx Psycho.. since ur getting C4S too im sure we will both enjoy them .. just cant wait.. the dealer said its gonna take 4 months for mine to arrive .. i hope not longer !

which colour and rims did u go for ?.. and when will urs arrive?
hahaha 4 months ain't so bad... I put a deposit in March and won't get my C4S till march/april that's a 12 month wait
Crazy!!!
Acccording to my count you will be the 6th person here with a C4/s on order.

I'm getting a C4S cab in Basalt black, black roof & leather with the 20" Carerra Classic wheels.
PDK, Sport Chrono, PSE, Sport steering wheel with paddles etc.

Since it's a cab it doesn't come with S-PASM .
I was going to get PDCC but the max spacer one can use with that system is 5mm all around....
I LOVE how pushing the wheels out (almost flush with body) makes the car look even wider (plus how it handles) so since I'm putting 14mm spacers in the back and 7mm in front I've decided not to go with PDCC.

Can't wait!!!

Old 10-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Fellas the wait is part of the experience... So says a chap who barely managed 3.5 months!

Sid you're a record breaker!

Old 10-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Haku
Fellas the wait is part of the experience... So says a chap who barely managed 3.5 months!

Sid you're a record breaker!
This damn car better be worth it because I am NOT what one would call "patient"...
I did have my 996 C4S till just a few weeks ago so that made the wait easier but now... all I got is Benz's around me, so the 991 itch is getting stronger!!
This long wait also made me try every single "sports" car between $150 to $250K... and I almostttttt ended up with a SLS AMG roadster instead of a C4S cab!!!
Man that was close!

But I stuck with Porsche... there is no substitute.
And thus, the wait continues... sighhhhhh

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 10-20-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Really appreciate the feedback ..

However any take on PDCC impact on under-steering associated with 4-wheel drive.. Im aware that CS4 will not be sending full power to the front wheels so it could be minor .. but Carreras do have a rep for under-steering due to the back engine configuration

i have an inclination that PDCC can improve the situation with teh under-steering as contact with roads will be enhanced via stiffening the sway bars (while driving through the bends)

is that a correct assumption ?

Old 10-21-2012, 10:09 AM
ok it seems i was talking sh!te in my last post...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ainst-gtr.html

In the video they claim that PDCC causes under-steering .. and that was on C2S (2-wheel drive)

Now im a very concerned that this could be worst in 4-wheel drive car (C4S)

Old 10-21-2012, 12:01 PM
BnB
BnB is infamous around these parts
No problems with understeer in my PDCC cab. And no need for 4wd on yours. Waste of money, extra weight and inferior feel. Get a 2S.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by BnB
No problems with understeer in my PDCC cab. And no need for 4wd on yours. Waste of money, extra weight and inferior feel. Get a 2S.
It's all just personal opinions and rhetoric but... I just don't get these type of posts...
Why the need to tell someone who's putting in an order for a C4S that it's a waste of money...
What about the R8, Lambo's, GTR, 911 Turbo etc... all pieces of crap?
Your happy with your car and I am happy for you (the 991 is a truly amazing machine!) but knock it off with the awd bashing already.

The arguments don't make any sense in this day and age...
Los of feeling... many say that about the PDCC, do you like it when they trash talk about that when you know first hand it works and you love it.

Understeer, C4S has 5% going to the front and will go up to 40% when needed, this means most won't even be able to tell the difference (until needed) + understeer is supposedly an easy fix on the 991 by throttling right through it (pedal to the metal).

Weight... ridiculous... unless your tracking it, those 45 kg really don't make much of a difference.
Hell anyone who's larger than average size should not be allowed in a sports car because they'll screw up the performance... and forget about giving that hot chick a ride (or anyone else for that matter), hell there should only be one seat!!!

Lets not forget about the eye candy part of it...the wider body, distinctive rear-end or the (slightly) more exclusive badge... all a waste off $$.

I say let people spend their money the want they want to...

End rant.

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 10-21-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by BnB
And no need for 4wd on yours. Waste of money, extra weight and inferior feel. Get a 2S.
Lets see... Wider rear wheels and arches + that spectacular tail light draped on top "4s" badge ... hope u dont develop an inferiority complex if i pull up next 2 u in a set of lights ..

With regards to the weight ..well its only 50 KG heavier .. its nothing really !

As for inferior feel .. that's a personal preference .. beside i dont think Porsche will make them if that's the case ..especially that the C4 is released after C2

Old 10-21-2012, 03:16 PM
BnB
Lets see... Wider rear wheels and arches + that spectacular tail light draped on top "4s" badge ... hope u dont develop an inferiority complex if i pull up next 2 u in a set of lights ..

With regards to the weight ..well its only 50 KG heavier .. its nothing really !

As for inferior feel .. that's a personal preference .. beside i dont think Porsche will make them if that's the case ..especially that the C4 is released after C2
All a matter of taste of course, but the 4 is not my thing. Don't underestimate the effect 50kgs will have though. Losing those is worth more than any performance option.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
I've been out in the Smokies all day. Twisties central including the Tail of the Dragon. My aim was to have a bit of a blast and also determine the driving characteristics of pdcc, spasm, and general drivability of the 2S. I've covered 220 miles today and am exhausted but I can tell you.... THIS CAR IS AMAZING! Went over some cruddy roads and the suspension just soaked the bumps up. Love it! The very fast sections.... turn the docile pet into a beast and WOW! Stunning!!

I'll try to post more tonight...pics as well!! That is if I don't fall asleep soon.

Last edited by Haku; 10-21-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Haku
I've been out in the Smokies all day. Twisties central including the Tail of the Dragon. My aim was to have a bit of a blast and also determine the driving characteristics of pdcc, spasm, and general drivability of the 2S. I've covered 220 miles today and am exhausted but I can tell you.... THIS CAR IS AMAZING! Went over some cruddy roads and the suspension just soaked the bumps up. Love it! The very fast sections.... turn the docile pet into a beast and WOW! Stunning!!

I'll try to post more tonight...pics as well!! That is if I don't fall asleep soon.

It's great to share in your excitement... a little stalker-ish but awesome never the less.
Can't wait to experience it for myself!!!
Looking forward to your review.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by BnB
All a matter of taste of course, but the 4 is not my thing. Don't underestimate the effect 50kgs will have though. Losing those is worth more than any performance option.
I appreciate that 50Kgs could have a slight performance impact (we are talking 3-4% here compared to C2S) .. However im not gonna race the damn thing .. and even if i was.. the grip generated by the 4-wheel system will more than compensate for 4 that (gigantic) 4% additional weight

Forget driving sensation for a moment (which is subjective).. can you honestly say that C2S will beat C4S in terms of lap time .. nope .. so im afraid this performance argument is not valid

Like Psycho said all top-end car makers are utilizing 4-wheel technology (in 1 model or another).. even Ferrari has joined the club !

Just in case u still dont agree .. all i can tell is that Im happy to pay the $$$ and carry the Kgs.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:53 AM
BnB
I appreciate that 50Kgs could have a slight performance impact (we are talking 3-4% here compared to C2S) .. However im not gonna race the damn thing .. and even if i was.. the grip generated by the 4-wheel system will more than compensate for 4 that (gigantic) 4% additional weight

Forget driving sensation for a moment (which is subjective).. can you honestly say that C2S will beat C4S in terms of lap time .. nope .. so im afraid this performance argument is not valid

Like Psycho said all top-end car makers are utilizing 4-wheel technology (in 1 model or another).. even Ferrari has joined the club !

Just in case u still dont agree .. all i can tell is that Im happy to pay the $$$ and carry the Kgs.
It's not about the speed of the thing. It's the agility. The 4 is relatively cumbersome (compared to the 2, not to a Honda).

We both agree, it's a matter of personal choice. I just don't see what advantages (apart from aesthetic, and that's a matter of taste) the 4 brings. And I live in wet, snowy mountain country.

But it's your car and your dollars. And I bet you'll love it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help! .. PDCC in Carrera 4s