Slammed, Tinted, Louder & Straight Again!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 04:19 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
Slammed, Tinted, Louder & Straight Again!

As I mentioned before, we took our car back to Hennessy Monday for some fine modding. First, we had the H & R springs installed to get just the right stance. Lowered the car about an 1" and closed in the gap a bit between the tires and fenders. Looks just right to my uncultured eye! I think it negatively affected the ride quality just a smudge, but not enough to go back to stock height.

We also had the PSE installed. No pics to post here, but let's just say that if your 991 is missing this option, spring for the $3,500 or so to get added NOW! With PSE in Sport Plus mode, the sound is simply addicting. I'm driving the car like a damn hooligan just to hear it. WOW!

TN legal tint of 35% for obvious reasons, aesthetics and UV protection.

Finally, we spent the week-end in the Asheville area on the way to Atlanta and really broke her in on Sunday evening. I snagged a premium parking spot upon returning to our resort (Greystone Inn @ Lake Toxaway, NC). An end spot with my friend parking his car next to mine. I was protected from all the Prius' in the area . Well, the wind picked up during the night and much to my chagrin, there were not (1), but (2) branches laying next to my car on Monday morning. For whatever reason, I did not take the wind / tree position into effect. A small one near the driver side front fender. Luckily, the clear wrapping took the brunt of it and there's no evidence of any damage.

The one laying next to the driver side rear wheel was a little bigger and came across the back only to dent the RR quarter panel. Hard to see in pics, but dented nonetheless.

Elite Auto in Piperton, TN made quick work of the dent and a couple of hours and $150 later, there's no evidence of it what-so-ever. I should note that the dent & ding guy from Hennessy would not tackle it and said the panel would have to be fixed and re-painted. I feel like he or they didn't want to mess with it. But whatever, it's fixed now and all is good again.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:14 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Stance looks perfect !

Old 11-03-2012, 06:20 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
yup looks great. nicely done and what a looker that car is!!!!!

Old 11-03-2012, 08:06 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
great car, can you post some more pics of the tinting? im debating that on my black cab as well.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:42 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic Mods!! I'm happy the car was ale to be returned back to "Flawless" after he dent.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:30 PM
opnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking cab, enjoy!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Zero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to all
Before you put the H&R springs on, did you have SPASM/PDCC? Looks great btw!

Old 11-04-2012, 01:50 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by I'mAllIn
As I mentioned before, we took our car back to Hennessy Monday for some fine modding. First, we had the H & R springs installed to get just the right stance. Lowered the car about an 1" and closed in the gap a bit between the tires and fenders. Looks just right to my uncultured eye! I think it negatively affected the ride quality just a smudge, but not enough to go back to stock height.

WOWW your car looks awesome!!
I'm happy things worked out with that dent and the PSE, you're right it about that btw, it does make ya drive like a hooligan.

By what % would you say the ride got stiffer/harder with the H&R springs?
I'm trying to find out why Porsche doesn't offer Sport PASM on cabs !
Dealer told I can't be done (as per P. Germany) but they don't why... and haven't been able to get more info... so my quest begins...

Oh and then there's your wheels!!!!
I've been thinking about ordering those for my 991 C4S cab... but until now I haven't seen them with the black "inlay" on a black cab and I've gotto tell ya I'm REALLY liking the way they look!

It would be awesome if you could post some more pics from a little further back under "normal" daytime lighting.
Don't get me wrong it looks good, but the lighting seems "funky"... must be the heavy overcast sky bouncing the light all over the place making it look like it's actually coming in from a very low angle.
With this lighting the suspension components, brakes even the fender lining seems to be very "pronounced"... overly so (I hope).

Anyway if you've got a chance to post some more "full" shots from different angles, that would be great.
Congrats again on a beautiful ride!

Cheers.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:49 AM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Your car looks really beautiful ... I love the entire look !!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 AM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
awesome

Old 11-04-2012, 03:22 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
Here you go.

Originally Posted by braindoc1
great car, can you post some more pics of the tinting? im debating that on my black cab as well.
I'm the world's worst photographer, but here goes;

35% tint on side and rear windows.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes & No.

Originally Posted by Zero911
Before you put the H&R springs on, did you have SPASM/PDCC? Looks great btw!
My car has PASM, but not PDCC. I believe H&R makes different springs based on whether your car has PASM or not.

Thanks for the compliment!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:36 PM
More Bad Pics

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
WOWW your car looks awesome!!
I'm happy things worked out with that dent and the PSE, you're right it about that btw, it does make ya drive like a hooligan.

By what % would you say the ride got stiffer/harder with the H&R springs?
I'm trying to find out why Porsche doesn't offer Sport PASM on cabs !
Dealer told I can't be done (as per P. Germany) but they don't why... and haven't been able to get more info... so my quest begins...

Oh and then there's your wheels!!!!
I've been thinking about ordering those for my 991 C4S cab... but until now I haven't seen them with the black "inlay" on a black cab and I've gotto tell ya I'm REALLY liking the way they look!

It would be awesome if you could post some more pics from a little further back under "normal" daytime lighting.
Don't get me wrong it looks good, but the lighting seems "funky"... must be the heavy overcast sky bouncing the light all over the place making it look like it's actually coming in from a very low angle.
With this lighting the suspension components, brakes even the fender lining seems to be very "pronounced"... overly so (I hope).

Anyway if you've got a chance to post some more "full" shots from different angles, that would be great.
Congrats again on a beautiful ride!

Cheers.
I would say the lowered springs increased ride stiffness by 5 - 10%. Just enough to notice, but not enough to be annoying or wanting to go back to stock.

The wheels are actually painted Basalt Black to match the car and not just regular black. Very cool indeed. Although after seeing Nicoli's wheels, I'm debating a set of deep dish concave wheels.

More bad pictures as requested.

BTW Sid, I was born and raised in Trois-Rivieres. Moved to the states when I was 15. Wife and i were just there last week-end for a family visit and Rush concert at Bell Center. Always a great time up there.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Thanks!
These look like I was hoping for.
Sometimes larger wheels are so "open" that all you end up seeing is what's behind it (especially when the wheels are black) I thought that might be the case with this design but after seeing these shots I'm convinced that's not the case.

Now the only problem is that they no longer have the Techo wheels painted in exterior color (or black) available on the configurater anymore...
My dealer told me there where some quality/chipping issues with it so it was removed.
Struck me as odd since all the other wheels which had that option still have it... you had any problems with them?

One thing is for sure these wheels look VERY good... ehhh.. hmmmm...actually... I mean they look terrible, yep you should definitely change these... might as well give to someone else...
Nicoli's wheels do look VERY good as well...

Regardless of the wheels I think your car looks awesome! (so we won't hold the fact you're from Quebec against you hehehe )
To bad you're not taking the 991 up to Montreal... hey don't ya know these cars are meant to be driven!
Thanks again for the pics, rep points coming your way!

Cheers!

Oh btw since you're familiar with the roads in Canada... would you put those H&R springs if you lived downtown Montreal ?

Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Do you mind if I ask who installed the springs and how much they charged?

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Slammed, Tinted, Louder & Straight Again!