2 Tone Black/Beige Option Available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 AM
Nine XI is infamous around these partsNine XI is infamous around these parts
2 Tone Black/Beige Option Available

The two tone black/luxor beige leather option is available on the US dealer configurator system. It still does not show up on the online US website although you can see it on the German version - you just have to be able to pick the options in German.

I am not sure if anyone else has been waiting for this to finalize their order but I locked mine this week with no issues - was right there on the dealer system. Same price as the other two tone leather options.

For anyone who has not read some of the previous threads on this there was some concern about "dash glare" with the Luxor Beige color. This changes all the upper parts to black.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:41 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
I highly recommend the two-tone...my all Luxor leather does yield a fair amount of dash glare. I should have gone two-tone.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:12 AM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
The option should be to have a black dash and black carpet only. The full Luxor beige interior looks way better than the two-tone. The only reason for the black dash is for glare and the carpet for dirt. In fact I'd go as far as saying that two-tone option looks terrible.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Not sure that reply made sense...

Attached is a rendering of the 2-tone option. It IS a black dash with black carpets and everything else is beige. This one has the leather trim option as well which i also ordered.

Personally, I like the way it looks but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nine XI
Attached is a rendering of the 2-tone option. It IS a black dash with black carpets and everything else is beige. This one has the leather trim option as well which i also ordered.

I like it too, however, IMO the picture attached needs black carpet and possibly Aluminum, Standard, or CF Trim.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about

+1 IMO it looks awesome

Old 11-20-2012, 03:05 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts

The center console should be luxor beige as well as the side strips by the windows, it should also have the luxor beige alcantara roof. Trust me on this one!

Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by flyanddive
The center console should be luxor beige as well as the side strips by the windows, it should also have the luxor beige alcantara roof. Trust me on this one!
Agree 100%

Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute

That looks great.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:55 AM
I have another picture of a beige/black that Porsche US sent me as an example of what bad things can happen if I didn't wait for the configurator update - it has the beige center console, steering wheel, and instrument surround. The lines on it look very disjointed to me. But, maybe others may want it that way.

For sure, PNA pushes you to take the "standard" look with the dash, mats, instrument surround, console, risers, etc., all black. So, they must feel like the normal owner will be happier with that look versus other options you can custom config.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:12 AM
JBK111 is infamous around these parts
Not a big fan of two-tone interior and Beige/Black not an option when ordered S cab. Went Basalt Black with Luxor (full leather) and Black carpet which also includes the lower door panels, console carpet rear footwell upper rear seat inserts. Looks great with black soft top up or down and as it blends well with all the dash details. Had beige carpet and mats in previous 997 and was difficult to keep clean over time. Another option is black floor mats over any light beige or gray carpet. Will post photos soon. All very subjective!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I think having carbon strips on the dash and the door strips would really tie both halves together, making a nice transition between the black and the beige. And yes, I am straight!