Surprising discovery...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 03:58 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Surprising discovery...Rev Matching in my 2013 7sp Manual C2S

So I took the car out today and put it in Sport Plus mode for the very first time. When I was approaching an intersection, I engaged the clutch and downshifted but before I could blip the throttle, the car blipped the throttle for me!!! WTF!!

I did it a few more times to make sure I wasn't imagining things and the car did the rev matching for me!

I thought this feature was only being installed in the C4S! Any one else with a 2013 manual experience this rev matching in sport plus mode?

Last edited by DBYT; 11-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
So what was your build date? Any mention of this in your manual?

Old 11-22-2012, 05:44 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Build date was 11 October. Nothing mentioned in the manual that's why I was so surprised when it happened. Have read all the info saying it will only be available on the C4S only and not any other models.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:48 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
wow!! fun discovery It was my understanding that it would be 2014 models + for the C2's but I guess not - you got it, thats awesome. gives me a tiny bit of hope I'll be able to upgrade but still probably not possible for 2012's? who knows. lol

Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by nicoli
wow!! fun discovery It was my understanding that it would be 2014 models + for the C2's but I guess not - you got it, thats awesome. gives me a tiny bit of hope I'll be able to upgrade but still probably not possible for 2012's? who knows. lol
Nicoli,
That was my understanding too. That's why I posted and hope that other manual owners with sport chrono can chime in to tell me I am not smoking Turkish camel dung. I am going to take the car out again tomorrow to see exactly what happens and at what rpm etc.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
Interesting. I guess my feb build should certainly include it then as well.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:59 AM
nsblue is infamous around these parts
My C2S's build is supposed to be finished this week. I'll likely get it after the holidays but I am now very interested to see if I'll have the same function.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Nine XI is infamous around these partsNine XI is infamous around these parts
This certainly would be awesome if true. My build date is 2/5/13 and the word that I received from PNA was that it would not be available on my car. I even told them I would wait another month or two if it would make a difference. The person that I worked with said they were told it was for "14" models.

Very interesting because it would be a great feature, especially, because you could turn it off, when you wanted.

Please post more once you verify.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Lebreeze is infamous around these partsLebreeze is infamous around these parts
Subscribed

Old 11-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Nine XI
My build date is 2/5/13.
Funny, I have the exact same build date.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:08 PM
OK, I took the car out for a long run in the country today and can CONFIRM that in Sport Plus, my mid Oct build C2S has the rev matching feature. Takes the fun out of heel and toe in Sport Plus mode but it is a cool feature.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:17 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Very interesting. I also have a build coming up soon, late Jan and I asked as well and was told it was not available. Would love it if my car came with it.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by DBYT
OK, I took the car out for a long run in the country today and can CONFIRM that in Sport Plus, my mid Oct build C2S has the rev matching feature. Takes the fun out of heel and toe in Sport Plus mode but it is a cool feature.
Hmm, I guess you haven't found a way to disable it without also disabling sport plus mode?

Old 11-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Attilas,
The rev matching only happens in Sport Plus mode. In Sport and Normal modes, there is no rev matching, so I uses heel and toe in those modes. Either way, I am a happy bunny.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by DBYT
Attilas,
The rev matching only happens in Sport Plus mode. In Sport and Normal modes, there is no rev matching, so I uses heel and toe in those modes. Either way, I am a happy bunny.
Yes I understand that. I meant that it sounds like there is no way to enable sport plus mode without the auto-rev-matching also being enabled.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Surprising discovery...