2.6% price increase Jan 1, 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM
bummedout is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by frank69m
What do you expect when you have other models like the Cayenne and Panamera? I'd like to see the 991 numbers.
991 sales IN THE US are up almost 100% versus november 2011. Year to date they are up about 30%. Definitely selling like hotcakes.

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=751

Rest of world, excluding Europe, is smoking hot too.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:10 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
These are offical #'s

Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
I hate to sound off putting but if you are looking at a 100K car and its 2,600 more expensive that what you thought and you decide against it you really didnt like/love the car from the beginning.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:04 PM
T.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of light
Spoke with the store manager today at my dealer and this is what he said:
1. He has heard nothing about an increase but typically when there are price increases its at the beginning of a model year and we are in the currently in the middle of the 2013 model year.
2. He stated that a 2.6% would be extremely high and he felt if it were something to really happen it would be Moore like a 0.5% to an outside chance of 1%
He thought some salesmen or dealers maybe be trying to use this as a sales tatic. He stated he would check into this for me and let me know as I have a 991 currelnly on order with them.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Banned
Naaranha has a spectacular aura aboutNaaranha has a spectacular aura aboutNaaranha has a spectacular aura about
I just spoke with a "premier dealer" and they got the memo today. 2.6% increase is occuring on the base price of all 911 (C2, C2S, C4S...etc)

Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 PM
T.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Naaranha
I just spoke with a "premier dealer" and they got the memo today. 2.6% increase is occuring on the base price of all 911 (C2, C2S, C4S...etc)
Did they indicate when this would take effect? I should be hearing back from my dealer tomorrow or Wednesday on what he found out. If what your dealer said is a fact mine should have the same memo.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
I confirmed this with my dealer. He showed me the actual bulletin (or whatever it is) from a web site. 2.6% increase in 911's for all orders placed after Dec 31. This applies to the base prices only, not options.

Initially he told me it probably applied to all 911's that arrived after Dec 31 (since they invoice the cars upon arrival to the U.S.), but then he read the memo more carefully and it stated that Porsche will actually compensate the dealers the difference as long as the car was ordered by Dec 31 (he showed me the actual memo).

So bottom line, place your orders by Dec 31 so you don't get hit with the price hike.

And $2600 is nothing to sneeze at. That's like paying for another big option or package and getting nothing in return, not to mention it affects the tax you pay as well (a big deal if you live in CA like I do). These cars are already expensive as it is.

Last edited by ww007; 12-10-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Yes yes wahoo I am safe as my order was placed this week!! I spoke with my dealer and this 2.6% is a fact after Dec 31.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ww007
I confirmed this with my dealer. He showed me the actual bulletin (or whatever it is) from a web site. 2.6% increase in 911's for all orders placed after Dec 31. This applies to the base prices only, not options.

Initially he told me it probably applied to all 911's that arrived after Dec 31 (since they invoice the cars upon arrival to the U.S.), but then he read the memo more carefully and it stated that Porsche will actually compensate the dealers the difference as long as the car was ordered by Dec 31 (he showed me the actual memo).

So bottom line, place your orders by Dec 31 so you don't get hit with the price hike.

And $2600 is nothing to sneeze at. That's like paying for another big option or package and getting nothing in return, not to mention it affects the tax you pay as well (a big deal if you live in CA like I do). These cars are already expensive as it is.
I have access to internal bulletins and I have yet to see this. Let me see what I can find out.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Noah Fect
Crazy. These already have to be the highest-margin cars on the road.
Not have to, they are.

Porsche enjoys some of the highest average per unit profit margins in the entire automotive industry.

This information was relayed to me several years ago by someone who left PUSA for Toyota and was shocked at the margin differential.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heist
not have to, they are.

Porsche enjoys some of the highest average per unit profit margins in the entire automotive industry.

This information was relayed to me several years ago by someone who left pusa for toyota and was shocked at the margin differential.
r&d?

Old 12-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Heist
Not have to, they are.

This information was relayed to me several years ago by someone who left PUSA for Toyota and was shocked at the margin differential.
Porsche's business model is just different. They make money on margins not volume.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
r&d?
Regional Planning and Sales.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:20 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Heist
Not have to, they are.

No different than any other consumer products, brand value and the power of marketing. ; D

Old 12-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
No different than any other consumer products, brand value and the power of marketing. ; D
More like taking one platform, offering 6 models based on the platform with no less than 100 individual options, and 90,000 possible configurations, and then charging 500-3,000% mark-up on each option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2.6% price increase Jan 1, 2013